Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Story behind the 65 Chevy Commercial on TV now.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by customcory, Nov 23, 2011.

1. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

The comercial that got me was the one where the guys chevy truck breaks down and he writes the blank check to get it fixed.

2. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

I'm convinced "Dad" in the commercial wasn't acting---great video and even a better commercial.

3. customcory

customcory

I'm glad you guys liked this, its funny what will make us car people misty eyed.

4. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

heck i can relate. i sold off my dad's '54 a year after he gave it to me and i remember the day i did my pops was upset. a friend spotted it four years ago and told us about a car he found that was going to the crusher. showed us pics and my dad really was upset when we saw it was his. one day this past summer i was scouring craigslist for fun and found it 12 years later as a rust bucket. i wasted no time to contact the person who had it i bought it back in terrible shape after finding it on craigslist across town for 400 bucks. when i showed up to buy it my heart sank since it looks like it spent most of its life rotting away after my pops restored it. been buying parts cars, stainless, traded off parts and cars to find everything i need to restore this car. last thing i lack is a rear splash pan and then off it goes to the bodyshop to get all the steel work done. my pops was happy to see that i found it but at the same time was sad at the condition i got it back. the work will be done and funded mostly since i have no time to take on a whole task to restore it. i'll start a build topic once i get it going.

Attached Files:

5. I had a 66 Impala

6. i wasnt crying...im just leaking fluid.

7. 76cam

76cam

Wow havent seen thats one yet.Thats just awsome.Wish I could find my dads old comet for him.

8. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

that is a pretty good story. the fact that the car is still same color and not molested is pretty amazing too.

9. Only cars guys can relate to this story.
    Other folks just dont get it.

10. Saw the commercial the other day...the whole story is great...

I miss my Dad.

11. E St Nene

E St Nene
    from Oxnard, CA

Fake or not it is one of the best commercial, but I wasn't crying my eyes where just sweating :D

12. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Wow.
    Jesus, Thats tough to keep your eyeballs from sweatin!!! Ok wont lie, Brought a alotta mist.
    Absolutely wonderful

13. Awesome video, Showed it to my wife, we had a 65 Impala (white).Brought back memories of our kids riding in it.

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

took my driving test in a 65 Impala when I was 16. green with a black vinyl top. belonged to my best friends mom. my own mom wouldn't let me drive her car.

15. This story was better than any T.V. show surprise car build.
    " CHEVY RUNS DEEP "

16. that says it all "we love you dad"! having that chance is priceless!

17. Got me weepy too. I got my love of cars from my late father. Great story.

18. 6704gto

6704gto

that was a kool commerical

19. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

Chevy does run deep

20. Cool story, his comment "They changed the mufflers" was priceless.

21. jazzbum

jazzbum

talk about your pathos. still looking for the old man's '57 willys...

22. zipperhead

zipperhead
    from Ma

Nice video. Also like the one with the fathers pickup truck..mechanic tells him not worth fixing and he writes him a check after he pulls out a picture of his dad with the truck... Sweet!

23. gsport

gsport

it was great to see the "before" the commercial, and how it came to be.... in the early 70's i had a white with black interior 65 SS too... mine was a 283/powerglide.

24. TheMonkey

TheMonkey
    from MN

25. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You guys have issues!!:eek:
    When I told the story of getting and giving my father back his first ever Hot Rod I was hammered with posts telling me to 'Harden Up!'
    Now all you pussies are crying over the same story because its on TV!!:rolleyes::confused:

:( Im too delicat for this!:D

Doc.

26. afaulk

afaulk

Maybe if i'll cough a couple times and blow my nose on this kleenex nobody will notice- ---- ah better now. My family didnt have a car until i was 15. Not long after i got a real job, 1970, I bought a 66 SS, black with red interior 327/glide. I still remember our neighbor buying an almost new 55 two door. It was cool but i missed the 52 he traded in. I was six y.o. wonder when i became a car guy? LOL

27. Gerg

Gerg

When I watched that commercial for the first time my wife was like so you going to cry like you did at the end of Worlds Fastest Indian?

28. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Man can I relate to this, my dad bought a new 65 Chevy when I was 8 years old, it was a 9 passanger wagon and I thought it was awesome riding in the back facing the wrong way! I still have the protecto plate to the wagon. I had no idea you could search a car by the vin. This makes me want to try, my dad is still alive and I would love to do this for him. Anybody ever try to do a search by the vin and how I go about it?

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

The video was posted here a week ago. Still cool though.

30. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

this is the one that made me cry like a little girl.