Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects what is your winter project?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 77salon, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Finish my '66 bug so I can get my '41 Fordor in the shop.

[​IMG]

tear into the front end to replace the 4lug rotors with 5 lug Chev rotors so I can put on matching wheels. replace the front coil springs while I'm at it. (needs to come up a bit). then change the electric fuel pump from a puller, to a pusher. remove, clean, and seal the gas tank, and have several cold ones.

[​IMG]

2. tedster

tedster

Same as my summer project.

3. 2935ford

2935ford

Tidy up my '28 Tudor odds and ends and complete my '29 Roadster AV8.

Attached Files:

4. Next year (2012) I'll have owned this thing for 40 years. Maybe I'll see if I can't get it going again!

[​IMG]

5. 76cam

76cam

My 30 model a and a 48 ford pu.If im lucky.

6. 32fordroadster

32fordroadster
    from Wisconsin

After spending the last 10 years building my coupe and roadster, I am finally going to pick up my tools and clean up the shop so that if i do start another project, I can actually find what I am looking for!

7. pumpman

pumpman

Try to finish last winter projects!

8. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Time to get crackin' here in Arizona I will be working on insulating the interior of my '54 and installing the seats,console and headliner.Hard to get much done in the summer with 100+ degree temps you need oven mitts to even touch the car.

9. todztoyz

todztoyz

Rewire the '57 and continue work on the '51.

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      426 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      429.6 KB
      Views:
  10. Floor boards in my 50. I'm all ready for engine/tranny swap. But I need somewhere to sit as I cannot levitate yet.

11. StLouisSled

StLouisSled

51 olds coupe 2.jpg
    Gonna start my 51 Olds Super 88 club coupe project...car has been waiting 13 years for some TLC.

12. chappys4life

chappys4life
    from Austin, TX

Mine is to work on my metalworking and welding skills . New to both so figure its a good plan of attack.

13. BenDaPirate

BenDaPirate

Rewire entire car, driveline tunnel, motor rebuild/paint, interior.

14. Looks like my summer project has turned into my winter project. I am still trying to wrap up the piddly shit. I hope the weather holds so it can be my winter driver. :eek:

So as of now my winter project is my Willys truck, but if I get it sorted out in the next week or so I can jump back on my Stude project. That is my scheduled winter project.

15. drfreeze

drfreeze

i'm restarting the fire under my ass to get the coupe going again >>>> stay tuned !

16. mediumriser

mediumriser
    from Ohio

Bought 32' rails pinched for a model a. Got the front end, rear end, Yblock with a 3 duece set-up and a 4spd. Gonna start putting a chassis togehter and search for a 28-29 coupe in the spring.

17. Snafu

Snafu

OT but its a project I am working on this winter. Getting the car ready for next season. Need to strip the car and check it for cracks. Pull the caps off and look at the main bearings. Lots of work and a short time to do it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. rustang

rustang

I'd like to get the chassis completed on my '38 Chev pickup....I have the rear-end in with new springs and the front straight axle in with the new spindles, rotors, springs and mounts...... next I will be on to boxing sections of the frame and mounting the 327 and TH350...... then I will be pulling the 327 down to freshen up.... mount the steering box....I started a month ago, and may be ahead of my schedule at this point.. :)
    Tom

19. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

I had the last ride in my car this weekend and it's now in the garage, so the winter project has started. My car's getting a few mods here and there. Grills made up, shiny bumpers, carpet set, new wheels/ WWW, a few things shaved off and tidy some paint and a few rust spots coming through. Biggest mod will be lowering, nice healthy drop with the arse dragging a little. Can't wait and number 1 on the list but also the most expensive so i'll carry on with the labouring jobs until i can order my shocks, coils and full polybush kit. My little caravan will be getting a makeover to match the car aswell. Plenty to do and looking forward to it.

20. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Well, I just sat down from spending an hour on my Kubota clearing a foot of snow from the yard. So I'm thinkin my Winter project will be finding a place to buy in Florida, SC or NC.

21. Starting work on my 49 Chevy pickup...strip it down clean the chassis up, dropped I beam up front drop the back and rebuilt borg warner 9 bolt rear end. Get the 383 built and 700r4 all sorted. WWW on steelies....hopefully!

Attached Files:

22. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Gotta do a few suspension upgrades/altitude adjustment and wheel/tire swap on my 53 Belair. Also going to upgrade my old lady's 65 Mustang to power disc brakes.

23. 77salon

77salon
    from RI

sounds like some good projects you guys have.keep them comming

24. yamadafacka

yamadafacka

[​IMG]

getting this thing to roller status.

25. 41 C28

41 C28

Things to do this winter are; replace windshield rubber and glass in my Dodge and maybe repaint my roadster.

26. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Started my/our ( brother and I) winter project last night. Changing to a 4-speed muncie with pedals. Dropped axle w/ hair pins, steering box, brakes, Lime works column and maybe an engine rebuild...

27. HAMB-friendly projects are the following:

1) If I keep the '47 Hudson, I'll be pulling the engine and getting the '69 Dodge 440 ready to install, and go from that point...

2) Just picked up a teardrop camper from a fellow HAMBer, so it is going to get fixed up with a new door, some skin work, and a all-new interior to replace the big, open space inside of it now! Finally found a home for the two Crestliner 15" wheels I've had for 20+ years!

Non-HAMB projects:

3) Convert my '71 Travelall to 4x4 with all factory parts, including a disc-brake Dana 44 front axle!

4) Rear springs, minor wiring issues and a gas tank replacement on my '66 Dodge.

5) Finish the X-body Buick interior replacement and sound system install.

Now, as long as it remains above 20 degrees F in the shop, I'm set to be busy all Winter long! Fun fun!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2011
  28. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

Work on the 30 sedan and hope to have on road by spring, Build my frame for the coupe.

29. bcook07

bcook07
    from Illinois

My project is to find a job so I can have money to work on my f100's or my mustang this winter. (if i find a job I am gonna start looking for a house too)

30. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

What he said....

Attached Files: