Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects what is your winter project?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 77salon, Nov 22, 2011.

1. 77salon

77salon
    from RI

What is your winter project going to be?

2. first get the new OD roadster trans in and clean it up and put it in the warehouse
    then the 53 chev gets a engine and OD trans and move on to a body and paint job, maYBEE AIR COND AND sidepipes, mostly a update and make it a cleaner car
    then i guess the 41 Big Olds will get some work not totally sure where i am going but it need some maintence and clean up work and do some body work on a few rough areas and move on to exhaust sidepipes, mufflers ,and tailpipes

oh the duramax needs the front axle torn down and repaired before the indoor shows start in jan
    also need to do a little cosmetics and choke work to the Rivera which will be the long distance show car for the winter again

let the funn begin:D

other than that i can do anything that I want with my spare time:cool:yea right

3. Bilt

Bilt

1923 model T. Started on the frame today and hope to have it squared and finished welded by Turkey Day. I have a fiberglass body but I'm looking for a metal one. Hell I would just take a metal upper cowl and could build the rest of the body. (I personally don't prefer glass but it might just get put on the car).

Attached Files:

• T1.jpg
      T1.jpg
      File size:
      55.8 KB
      Views:
    • T2.jpg
      T2.jpg
      File size:
      59.3 KB
      Views:
  4. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Wifes 51 mercury my 32 sedan and 31 coupe.

5. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Finish up my coupe, get the interior done, etc. then find myself a willy's cab and build my gasser!

6. Motornoggin1

Motornoggin1

I'm building an SBC. Yanked it out of the Jag before I junked the shell. They don't sell for much, so I figured I would build it and hang on to it until I find a home for it.

7. Cerberus

Cerberus

We don't have winters to speak of here. I'm assuming you mean Dec, Jan, Feb. This weekend CBS says it will be touching 70 degrees here. I'm going to figure out a way to attach the removable hardtop to my avatar. If there is time, I will install the new glass in the doors, after I dynamat the back side of the doors.

8. CRAWLER07

CRAWLER07

workin on my 72 pontiac lemans, have to install the weather stripping, weld in a new floor on the pass side front, install bumpers,grill and lights as well as the interior. Then I will rebuild the carb its been sitting for about 3 yrs and also drain the tank.. But before any of that begins I have to do some welding repair on my jeep frame...and finish an RC build for a friend and one for my son....man I will never get all of it done nib shittin around on the interweb LOL..

9. dafman

dafman

Bodywork on my '65 DAF 31. I was trying fruitlessly to get the paint off to no avail. I asked my uncle (who's car it was at one point), "Why is the paint you used so tough??" He says, "That's because it was my uncle's leftover WW2 aircraft paint!" MAN!! Getting it blasted at some point...

10. New engine for the Uni, trying to squeeze 450+ HP and 150 MPH out of it. Re-do the 322ci Y for the FED, want to be legal for Eagle Field in May.

11. Old&Low

Old&Low

Finish wiring my buddies O/T Vette, then re-organize the shop and get back to work on our projects, the '35 Ford shop truck with the '28 RPU as 'fill-in' work.

12. dallas1

dallas1

starting my 32 ford pu build. have bin in the planning faze too long after christmas i plan on getting started.

13. Bought a '53 Buick Special, chop to start soon. Grafting in '54 Chevy tail lights, tucking in rear bumper, install 455 and 200R4. Fatman fab MII front end, maybe bags maybe just springs.

Attached Files:

14. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Finish my Coupe Deville will be my plan ( if my Bank Acct. allows )

Attached Files:

15. 77salon

77salon
    from RI

well Im going to work on my 49 convert,and in a few days my 50 coupe will be here and I might play with that.

16. Mike Rotch

Mike Rotch
    from Easley SC

I'm trying to get this:
    <---
    on the road by spring, but It looks like I'm gonna be doing the sheetmetal work on this:
    .l
    .l
    \/

17. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

C-notch and flip the axle on the 57' F100, maybe a OD or 5spd in it too.
    Restore the 59 Yellowstone travel trailer and update the interior.
    Make some planned changes to the 31' Tudor sedan and maybe a OD also/
    Restore the vintage popcorn popper I just picked up.
    Finish the old coke machine.
    Remodel the kitchen and add more cabinet space.
    Finish trim in the formal living room (crown molding)
    Opps, wire and add a custom hitch to the 57' to pull above trailer!

The bad part is when you ask the same question this spring my list will be the same if not longer!

18. 57dood

57dood
    from Ontario

On it now,35 hud 5wndw bought thru GZ.
    2 inch chopped dabiatch!

19. Arominus

Arominus

Floors, trunk and lower quarters on my 58 ply. I need to get it in the shop and get started on it already.

20. RAG66

RAG66
    from WASHINGTON

Finish new garage, so next year I can do a real car...:confused:

21. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

you east coasters have a real winters and you dry dock your cars and get stuff done. mean while on the west coast, the weathers way more mild and we don't stop on a regular bases like you. i think the east coast has more finished car than we do! at least with the econoline group i belong to seems that way.

22. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Finishing the engine swap and paint changes on the Pontiac. Hope to have it done by Feburary.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  23. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

My winter project is in full speed ahead mode! Just finished the engine with new heads, cam, gear drive and bottom end work. Now I'm moving on to body and paint work. Lots of paint stripping of the 65 yr. old paint, then prime and new paint before spring. Haven't picked a color yet, but leaning towards something red.
    Here's a video of the new engine after startup. Still needs some tuning to get it perfect:
    [​IMG]

Bodywork beginning:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

'54 chevy 210

25. I'm going to freshen up the 32 Ford Roadster I'm getting next week. Paint, Carpet, Wheels.

And FINALLY...Get back to work on the 40 Coupe. Will start with the Frame. Body just needs prep for paint.

Attached Files:

26. I just gotta get my three window '31 Dodge on the road. I am trying to get to the 100 year anniversary of Dodge Brothers in Detroit in 2014. I would actually love to get BOTH of my coupes ready and do the "Dodge caravan" to Michigan.

Attached Files:

27. agutto13

agutto13

the girlfriends 62 sports coupe

[​IMG]

28. Tin Can

Tin Can

Finish my 53 by June for the Scrap drive. Help my buddies get their projects done for the same show

29. homework. 1 have to put together a 50 page thesis. Remodel the master bath. fram out basment walls. tile basement floor. oh you mean car related things...rebuild the willys staight 6. finish my 220 in the garage so i can start welding things. while i have the engine out. im gona work on frame and rust repair. maybe start striping some pannels and get them in primer. maybe rewiring. maybe the new fuel tank. but for sure the engine so that way i can actually drive it again.

30. Neat Looking Car(s).

Murph