Register now to get rid of these ads!

History November 22,1963--12:15 pst

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Daddy Don, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bet you knew EXACTLY what you were doing at that moment in time 48 years ago today!!-----I do.

2. fleetside66

fleetside66

It seems like yesterday...you're freakin' me out.

3. I was in Elementary school and they took us all into the cafeteria to watch this HUGE old B&W TV with coverage from Dallas. Many were crying, the younger kids didn't understand, Teachers were in shock.

4. Silhouettes 57

Silhouettes 57

I was driving home from work, I was 18 years old living in Bell Gardens, Ca.

5. das858

das858

I just got home from kindergarden when a family friend called to tell mom to turn on the t.v.

6. LAROKE

LAROKE

I was in eighth grade geography class.

Was watching tv live when Ruby shot oswald a day or two later.

7. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

8th grade History class, Dana Jr. High in Arcadia, California......
    That was the day that I grew up and awakened out of the "la-la-land" that was the America that I had known the day before.
    As said by many of my peers, that was the day that we learned the truth of what a cruel world it is. How one maniac can ruin such hope, whether the victim be an unknown teenager in South Central or the President of the United States.
    All it takes is one mad mind.

8. berserkinamerc

berserkinamerc

I was in an 8th grade English class. The PA system was turned on in all the classrooms as bulletins about the shooting came in. Our English teacher sent one of the kids down to the office to turn off the PA in our classroom, saying "This is an English class, not current events!" We had to wait until class was over and we could go out into the hallway and find out what was happening from the other kids.

9. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Probably fast asleep on the other side of the planet. I was seven months old at the time.

10. Muttley

Muttley

Not really, thats ten years before I was born. ;) :D

11. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

I was a junior in high school, out crusin for burgers at lunch time. Driving my pos 52 chevy, the news came over the am station. the whole school seemed to be in shock that afternoon.

12. 6th grade, still sends shivers down my back.

13. gsport

gsport

cross walk monitor at school.... a neighbor came running up to me saying the president was just shot... yep a sad day in history

14. If life begins at conception I was around, in my momma's belly.

15. We lived in La Puente, CA. I was not quite four years old but I remember it very clearly. My mom was very good at making sure I knew what was happening, even at my young age. Whenever there was space shot I was pulled out of bed in the wee hours of the morning and set in front of the TV so I could "witness history", as she put it.

On the day of the assassination, my Mom's best friend (and next door neighbor) Betty, came to the picket fence between our houses and called to my Mom. She told us that Kennedy had been shot. I remember them both being shocked and crying. Our TV was on for days and my Mom explained everything that was happening. I remember seeing the funeral procession in Washington DC and seeing Oswald get shot.

Anyone in my parents generation could tell you where they were on that day and on December 7, 1941, just like we'll always remember where we were on 9/11.

It was a national tragedy that really stuck with the folks who witnessed it. A few years ago my Mom passed at 80 years old. Prior to her death she suffered from dementia and was often confused. During an medical evaluation I remember the Dr. asking her who the president was. She replied "Franklin D. Roosevelt...[pause]...I feel so sorry for poor Jackie." It made sense to me. I miss my Mom and I miss that time.

16. Eighth grade, they put it out over the pa system. I think every school in the country must have done that.

17. 432bullet

432bullet

USAF base went to full alert, everybody in shock waiting to see what was going to happen next.

18. Turnipseed

Turnipseed

In 8th grade. On a school bus to Dime Box, Texas to play basketball. One of the teachers followed in her car and told us as we got off the bus. Remember watching all the news reports, Ruby shooting Oswald, the funeral, etc.

19. our store(speed shop) was only a few blocks from Dealy Plaza,,,
    Dallas stood still for the rest of the day...no one out.everyone glued to the TV...

20. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

I was in fourth grade when the principal came on the intercom and said the president had been shot. He then proceeded to ask us all to bow our heads as he prayed out loud. He would be sued if he did that in a school today, unfortunately.

21. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

I was in auto shop class doing a tuneup on a teacher's car. All of a sudden a radio broadcast was put on the PA system and for a few minutes we had no idea what was going on til all the info started being given. Boy, what a freakin shock. I remember everyone walking around the halls after class, most saying nothing, alot of girls were crying. That evening we all got together on Judy Meachum's porch and sat around not saying much of anything, but just wanting to be around friends. There was no rock and roll on the radio stations and we just listened to the music playin softly. Bummer time.

22. Jimv

Jimv

9th grade,Mr.Arrons science class.Lincoln HS in Yonkers
    JimV

23. I was sitting in the principles office,because of some trumped up charge by a substitute teacher about a straw and some spit balls,,and I still say I'm innocent but I heard the guidance councilor tell Frog Reames,,I mean Mr. Reames that John Kennedy had been assassinated. HRP

24. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

I was 7 months old too! :cool:

25. jjrodder

jjrodder

I was starting a new job at a TV station (WCCO) in Minneapolis in the news department. First day on the job. I was standing by the tele-type machine when all hell broke loose. The news director came running in to the room and shoved me aside saying something big has just happened. I'll never forget that. What a way to break into the TV news business.

26. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I was 3. nobody bothered to tell me. I had different prioritys back then, I probably would not have cared anyway.

27. todztoyz

todztoyz

I wasn't quite 5 yet but I sure remember the days after, watching it all on the old black & white. Sad day.

28. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

Our school let us out and could go home the rest of that day, but on 9-11 they never even said a word in school and acted like nothing happened. They let the kids find out once they got home New York had been under attack.
    Tom S. in Tn.

29. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

junior high school,they sent everybody home

30. buckd

buckd

My birthday softmore in highschool. I was just coming out of the cafeteria at lunchtime when the news was announced. Sad day that i won't forget