Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest ....Some People....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmergal, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

hah, thats funny shit right there, im ordering one.
    cant wait to see it in action.

2. Fordtudor37

Fordtudor37

Years ago we took our '37 Tudor up to the NSRA show in Burlington, VT (before it became nothing more than a Wal-Mart parking lot show) and I came back to find some kid crawling up the front fender of our car.
    So I yell at him to get down, and find his "female parent" was standing not 5 feet from him not paying attention at all.
    She starts in spewing BS and I told her where to go point blank.

As she's walking away she yells out,
    "Why are you a dick, you can afford to repaint it !

It seems to me especially in New England, No one has any respect for other's property anymore. The attitude is "It's not mine, why should I care ?".

My idea of a "car show" now is every time I leave the driveway to cruise the back roads, I give everyone else a "car show".

3. red grees

red grees
    from bridger mt

Good thing for him it wasnt a biker event or he would have gotten thumped. A model t coil would surely change his ways,red

4. wombat barf

wombat barf
    from oklahoma

never had a man slip behind the wheel without asking though I did exit O'reilly's one day to find a cute little raven-haired emo/goth/punk girl in her early 20s with as much metal in her face as a '58 Buick sitting on the front seat....next to my then twelve year old son.

she exited the car as I went to get in and gave me nothing but a smile. I asked my son who his friend was. he said, "Dad, I never saw her before. She came out of Goodwill and just hopped in". I asked him what she said and he hesistated before saying, "She said the car was cherry.........then asked if I was".

at the time I laughed but I guess it was a little creepy.

5. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Yeah, I'm thinking that you caught a would-be thief.

6. das858

das858

On the way home from Goodguys in Des Moines in 2009 we stop at a truck stop to gas-up and stretch our legs, I'm in side paying when an idiot comes over and lays on the headlight, fender, and grill. My wife is across the lot talking to friends and spots this clown, runs across the lot and tears him a new one. I come back out and my buddies eyes are still popping out of his head as he tells me the story. My wife and I laugh the rest of the way home.

7. I hate everybody! :mad:

8. dawford

dawford

After WWII many people raised kids that thought that they were most important part of the family.

In my family my brothers and I were the result of my parents having a healthy physical relationship.

We were expected to be home and clean for dinner and were seen and not heard when company was there.

My grand parents dressed for dinner and my mother wore gloves to go down town in the early 50's.

My grandfather was a bricklayer and he wore a white shirt and tie to work for over half of his working life.

All of this to say that these days over half of the people around don't have a clue about even the simplest of etiquette or manners.

I had a neighbor who had a very good business going and made very good money.

He built the biggest House in the area but when it came to manners he didn't have any.

Hollywood proves that Class cannot be bought.

Dick :) :) :)

9. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

people to day are nuts , i used to work at a big hospital , in maintenance , one of the girls in the kitchen went to her car in the main employee parking lot , and some guy was dismantleing the grill work and lites from her old saab daily driver , in broad day lite , nothing surprises me now adays , probably a homeless dude looking for something to steal , sad, lock your vehicles

10. I had some guy at a street light on an off-ramp from the highway tell me my '50 was a piece of shit. I guess I wasn't going fast enough for him on the highway. I looked at his honda civic and then back at him, started laughing hysterically and drove off cause the light was green.

Some people's children...

11. Deuces

Deuces

Lucky you!!! :D:D

12. VonKool13

VonKool13

I was at a local car show in my 58' Edsel, I was off enjoying the live music and cars and went back to my Edsel to check on it. I walk up to my car and there is a young guy sitting in the driver seat while his buddy is taking pictures of him. I started to yell for him to get the hell out of my car and was fully expecting to put a serious hurtin on him, when he started to tell me how wonderful my car was in a clear Foreign accent. Not to mention I could tell I scared the crap out of him, so I settled down and answered some questions of his and he left. I'm still amazed to this day that he thought it was perfectly ok to jump into someone elses car like it was his.

13. flamed34

flamed34

My friends know that I can be somewhat of a hothead at times...and will take people on in a second. That being said, we were at a show with one of our cars and one of the loudmouths started nitpicking to his friend, saying what he wouldn't do, what we should have done, etc.

Of course, not being one to take assholes lightly, I approached him and matter-of-factly said something to the effect of "ok, now that you've torn our car apart, lets go see your car so I can see perfection". As is quite typical, it was met with stammering and a "I don't have one" type of answer. At that point I told the "expert" without a car to get bent.

It's my experience that the biggest assholes at shows (besides the gold chainers), and most likely to say what you "should have done" are also the most likely to be driving a Cavalier.

14. LOWBLAZERO1

LOWBLAZERO1

next time somebody does it. politely ask them "have you ever wondered what it would be like to get your ass kicked by a girl?"

15. F&J

F&J

NOW, I know what town you are from....That diner was once a general store and post office when I first moved there. Spent 27 yrs in that town up by the green, and know quite a few people, so I am trying to think who it was :)

16. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

Haha yes :). It was a nice little general store and post office and the raroad station was a bank with the red caboose!!! The guy who was climbing in wasn't a car guy and I had never seen him before ( we eat there every weekend )

17. F&J

F&J

I only can think of one old guy in particular. He always approached me to talk old cars, because that's all I ever drove in town, either mine, or customers. He is slightly challenged, if I can be politically correct. Not his fault, born that way. Harmless.

18. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

You should have told her to say put so you could take some of your own pictures!:)

19. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

I dont think this is the same guy. this guy didnt want to do much talking and didnt really seem to have much conversation about the car.Just as well i guess. :)

20. A guy at a Canadian Tire show 'n shine once kind of leaned/sat on the fender of my cuda and said "nice car, how long you had it?" I said I had "just got out of prison, it was new when I went in." Then smiled and gave him the international 'get your greasy ass off my car' hand sign. The conversation pretty much dried up after that.

21. leon renaud

leon renaud
    from N.E. Ct.

Well not in a car BUT I have seen tourists walk right through the front door of an Amish family's house during the noon meal no knock no nothing just walked right in on the family!"Oh this isn't like a museum?"No sorry no nothing just turned around and walked out! What the hell were they doing on the farm uninvited never mind plowing into the house!And you can blame "the system"today for some of how kids are because they are encouraged almost daily to report"Abuse" to school officials and "abuse" is what ever that 23 year old childless College grad Social Worker says it is and your guilty forever once they get involved period.

22. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

this replymademe cry in laughter

23. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

I was at a local cruise at an ice cream stand a few yrs. back parked next to an early 30s Packard. Up waddles a mom w/ 2 kids slobbering over their cones when one of the kids jumps up onto the fender and slides down onto the running board !!! I thought the mom would smack the kid, but instead she lets the other kid have a turn... OM Fing G !!! No clue No respect

24. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

hey farmergal he was probably just smelling the seats

25. Deuces

Deuces

Ya can't be cranky all your life... :rolleyes::D

26. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

In that case he got a nice whiff of moth balls :)

27. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Just another example of the breaking down of moral fiber in the world at large. Sometimes, it can be a curse to have something nice or different. It sucks.

I guess I've been lucky to not have had any assholes get carried away while looking at my car. But I also make sure to be close by. I'd like to think I'd be understanding..... but I doubt it. They'd get what my dad would have given me for touching someone elses shit. An old fashioned ass kickin'. Sometimes..... that really is the only cure.

28. lol!!

29. GeeeZ! I'd seriously put invisible 'TACKS' on the Seats. That would be their Whoop'n!

30. Every time I attend a car show, I am always seeing "Please Do NOT Touch" or "You Mark it, You BUY IT!" Now after reading this thread I really understand why all the signs.

I remember a few years back, My Sister and I went to a concert and after the show was over, we went to just sit in the car and get warm. I was confused when the car began wobbling up and down but only to see 4 kids Squeezing themselves on the back trunk! I told my sister, man. . if I were behind the wheel I'd put it in reverse FAST and Stop Quickly and watch them fly across the Grass! Take That!