Register now to get rid of these ads!

my 1955 pontiac

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spydey, Mar 2, 2011.

1. ripemup56

ripemup56
    from hi desert

here's the corner of the front..has a 59 chrylser grille, cuz the stock grilles are kinda ugly...

Attached Files:

2. spydey

spydey

ripemup56.....what a neat car....you added a bit of metal around the bottem to make it appear lower? I love the back end of your car too...

3. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Rear 1/4" look more like a 56 now with the round bump outs off the taillamps...
    Only thing I would put in place of my grill is a Moon tank.

4. ripemup56

ripemup56
    from hi desert

thanx, ya i lowered ans lipped the quarter panels, filled the gravel pan lip and lowered and tucked the rear bumper..i love pontiac body lines so i chose 55 merc taillights in order to keep some of the body lines on the quarter panel...pontiacs are great looking cars and in my opinion underrated..

5. dirtydixon

dirtydixon

It's the Rites of passage.

6. 55 pontiac

55 pontiac
    from australia

luv the custom 55s over there not a lot of early pontiacs in australia i have a 55 catalina hardtop coupe which i have just ordered a 400 engine from bruce fulper at rock n roll engineering and im hoping to couple to a turbo 700.

7. 55chieftain

55chieftain

You should have done some research first , just sayin.....

8. OK its OK to say Fuckin' on here as long as your not discussin someone's mom in context with it.

It stands for Fuckin' New Guy its a throwback to the Vietnam era HAMBers. When your feet hit the ground you were a FNG that lasted until you had proven yourself or came home in a box.

Here it lasts for a determined amount of posts or until you go down in flames. Looks to me like you are not going to go down in flames.

I don't do this very often anymore but welcome to the HAMB
    The PknBner :D

9. Nice Pontiac..I've owned 11 different 55-57 Pontiacs and loved em all. Your car looks like an american long wheelbase car at the angle it's shot. Did they even make a Canadian star chief? Does your car have a chevy or a Pontiac engine?
    I'd have to keep the front end all Pontiac but that's just me.

Attached Files:

10. 55 pontiac

55 pontiac
    from australia

i was advised that the turbo 700 will bolt to the pontiac 400 without an adaptor if this is wrong i would appreciate input

11. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Beautiful Poncho !!!!

12. spydey

spydey

Yes I love them big Pontiac's....

My car is a us model...with the 287 cu in" motor

but an early 55 with single exhaust and a 2 bbl....I have been told that half way through the yr. they went to 4 bbl --with duels.

also my door panels are rather plain...I have seen a dresser alunimum thing on other Catalina models...it looks like crushed up metal ...sorta kinda.

--thanks PknBner ..for the into....

13. twochops

twochops

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I like them so much that I put them on my 53 Mercury--sorry to you.
    TwoChops

Attached Files:

14. 55chieftain

55chieftain

The 700R4 has the Chevy bolt pattern, you will need the adapter for the BOP pattern.

15. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I have to agree, I find it to be an attractive grill too!

[​IMG]

16. RI5KY

RI5KY

Here is my pontiac. I have been building it for the last year and a bit.. My first car i have built.

Attached Files:

17. sololobo

sololobo

What a sweet Poncho, I can't believe you don't like the front end. I think it is about the coolest factory custom treatment going. Please rethink this alteration, it is like the guys that do a early 50's Pontiac and take off the ribbed trim on the hood and deck and put on a smooth chevy pair. W.T.F., if you are determined to do this some Pontiac gnomes may invade your garage, and they won't be nice!! This is a real danger when altering these knock out styled rides. Please take this serious, these little bastards are NOT nice. But it's your car, f**k it up any way you want to. Best of luck! The official Pontiac news letter, The Smoke Signal has already sent out a gnome alert, no, Bob K is not a Pontiac gnome, he is an official roamin gnome!! ~sololobo~

18. beater40

beater40

If youre going to put a 400 pontiac motor in, check the Holden turbo 400 from about HX on, I think they may have dual bolt pattern, I have a turbo 350 the same with dual pattern

19. Wow, that looks neato!

20. faultless

faultless
    from kleveland

Actually, i know this car very welli sold his car to someone in OHIO like 8 years ago.., my friend bought it off mike at least 18 years ago??? i remember braking down in this car more than once!!! great car, TONS of history, new buyer got this car for a steal...where is he? i want it back!!

21. Which car are you referring to?

22. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

damn...this makes me miss all my 55 wagons. i had coupe that i was gonna swap the rear water falls to the wagon style--{never cared for the hump} jeez i hate when life gets in the way...
    i love the 55 so much i kept a complete dash,which i wanna put in my 49.then there's the lighted hood ornaments,the door stars.

23. cowboy.3d

cowboy.3d
    from Austin TX