Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest GENE WINFIELD cars - Who Owns One?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Carguy1965, Mar 26, 2010.

1. len_m

len_m
    from wpg,can

winfield painted this car up here in wpg when he was here 2 or 3 yrs ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. madwagon56

madwagon56

well i have russ meeks sectioned nomad that he did when he was working for gene back in the day, not built by gene but close.

3. junkyard junky

junkyard junky

He chopped my 51 mercury 2dr down in Oklahoma city in late july/ early august 2009. I'll try to find pics

4. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Dug this old thread up, just wanted to see if we could bring some life into it, any one have a Winfield car that they bought recently??

5. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

My dad had this '36 Gene painted in 1963- still the same paint on the car. He also made some cool turned stainless pieces I recognized as his handi-work and confirmed with him that he made. The car was stock looking when we got it in Modesto where it had been all it's life. Was once olds powered on a different frame, then was wrecked and put on a nice stock frame with cherry front sheet metal that was just scuffed and painted by Gene.
    Dad added dropped axle and a '59 Corvette Small block to the original driveline to replace the dead tired flathead. Tires are even bias for the "Hair Police" critics that need to find something wrong.

Attached Files:

6. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

7. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Hey Gene, wasn't there supposed to be a movie special on you and a few other guys from up here in your old car club days? Bart Bartoni, Roy Dyson, ect?