Register now to get rid of these ads!

I Know I am gonna ketch hell cool parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nailhead terry, Nov 18, 2011.

1. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

You ever seen any of these guys . An old buddy was talking to me about my 32 and my 1.72 rockers would not clear my old cal kustom valve covers and I told him that the fake cobra guys were putting 427 ford lemans valve covers on thier cars for looks .He ask me if I had ever seen any 427 and 390 mercury cyclone valve covers .No so he gave me the 427 and 390 ones the diffrence is 390's were painted and 427 were chrome now they are on the 347 small block P.S. not a chevy olds but a ford mercury !!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  2. I won't give ya hell, in my book it's hot rodding in the truest form. Make something from one car work on another in pursuit of speed and/or looks!

3. BISHOP

BISHOP

Man, thats a good score... and chrome too.

4. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Yep chrome more the better helps my gold chain image !!No they clear my rocker arms and look good doing it to many cobra dressed small block fords I just want mine to look diffrent .

5. dragonsnake

dragonsnake

how thick are the valve cover adapters.i am thinking of making some for myself.

6. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Now I'm really confused, I thought you were a nailhead guy :D

7. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Fine line on that for some. I say it's Ford on Ford - no different than later dizzy or carbs.

Here's mine.

Attached Files:

8. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

It is a fine line, I would much rather see a FE under those valve covers (especially in a 32 Hot Rod), but it is a Ford in a Ford, and it will keep the kiddies guessing.

Without a doubt though, those are some of the best looking factory valve covers ever made. Here is mine.
    [​IMG]

9. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

10. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I GOTTA get some sbf covers on my FE...

11. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Yep I am a nailhead guy and hemi and now sb ford !! We are gonna laser cut the adapters out 1/4 " steel soon as Conner draws them up and countersink the holes I seen some that were aluminuim and did not seal good

12. FalconGeorge: so Coooool. always liked sarcasim!!!

Movin/on FEForum member >>> by a another name.

13. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I think there is someone making and selling the FE to small block valve cover adapters on here.

14. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

looks good & with a price like that--ya just can't go wrong.

15. SOHC427

SOHC427

Frozen, those are the best looking cover made, with the exception on SOHC covers!
    Eric

16. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Sarcasim Irony Disgust and Over Whelming Happiness welcome to the hamb this why it's so much fun. The litttle small block has a tko500 and I will be able to go to one of the so called parts stores and get a water pump I plan on driving my car not hauling it on a trailer behind a late model tow rig !!Hey this 32 is gonna be a daily driver. Ford the other white meat !!

17. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I like the early versions.:D The pent roofs are too modern for my retarded tastes.:D

18. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

To me this is just Hot-Rodding 101. Making something work from one car that looks cool & functions on another. If you were putting new, aftermarket, fake heads on your SBC to make it "look" like a Hemi, I'd be all over you, but I think this is just basic gearhead ingenuity & they look great.

19. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

True, True. But it's what is under the SOHC valve covers that makes them so damn special. :D

20. gasser john

gasser john

Now that is a good lookin Mill:D

21. Racewriter

Racewriter

Nice covers. I have 2 sets myself. Of course, you get much more manliness points if you'd run the big nasty FE.:D

22. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Dumb ass question time what is pent proof a chamber design ? I am new to this ford engine stuff !

23. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

I think it describes the top of the valve cover. It's not rounded like most, it's flat on top. I found a company that makes them for my small block. They are extra tall and flat on top just like cobra lemans bigblock covers. Kind of pricey but they make it look like a mini me....er....f.e.

24. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Cobra Valley makes em' Check em out sb guys:)

25. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Looks great. FE valve covers are the best (only?) way to make a 221-302 look good, IMHO.

-Dave

26. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Yea, those open letter cobra covers look like shit. Especially when you combine them with three holley 2bbls or 4 webers.

27. Not bad just learn how to spell catch