Register now to get rid of these ads!

Western Pa yards

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ThePontiacKid, Nov 17, 2011.

1. ThePontiacKid

ThePontiacKid
    from VA

I'll be going out to Western Pa around Thanksgiving and am wondering if there are any old auto yards out that way. Any suggestions?

2. Noland

Noland

yea right, everybody crushed everything

3. stellar

stellar

You may want to check the yellow pages when you get here. You will have to look in the country and not near civilization.
    Maybe
    seachrist salvage. It is a take it off yourself place. Bellvernon area. Like Nolan said it has mostly been scrapped. You might do better taking a trip to China or India. That is where it is all going.

4. Malibob

Malibob
    from Pittsburgh

There was a yard down near Uniontown a while back- I stumbled across it once but havent been able to find it since. Most of the yards around here dont have a lot of good metal left. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for, but our snow and salty cars dont really make for good junk yards.

5. ThePontiacKid

ThePontiacKid
    from VA

Thanks. I've been to a few out that way, but it was a few years ago. Mostly looking out of curiosity, I know a lot of the ones back east in Pa where I'm from originally are gone.

Guess I'm just looking for the holy grail of barn finds.