Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone have XM radio?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thewishartkid, Nov 12, 2011.

1. big creep

big creep

hahaha funny! pandora is free fifty free!

2. carnut341

carnut341

Try Rockit Radio.Net!!!!!!

3. dexleo2

dexleo2

I have sirius radio and have had it for 6 years. Just love it. I have it in my deisel pickup and I move it to my hotrod when I take it to town. I have not listen to FM radio in years. Have a house adapter so I can have it in the shop when I'm out there. Is it kind of weird paying for radio- Maybe. but I spent the coin right away and got a life time membership for about what 3 years would cost. Octane all the way!!

4. donkeyfarm

donkeyfarm

I got xm. I only listen to the NHL Home Ice, Outlaw Country, Classic Vinyl, and alt nation. The quality of the service has gone down a lot. There's some stations that are FM stations streamed on there too.

5. When I got my OT daily driver 3 years ago Sirius/XM was on the verge of bankruptcy. They had a lifetime subscription for around $500 for all available channels for about a month or so in the beginning of '09 that I couldn't pass up (in part because I don't have a 'smart' phone and I never sell my cars - drive'em until they fall apart, then put'em back together again). And why'd I plunk down 5 large? So I can listen to The Elvis Channel, '50s on 5, '60s on 6, Raw Dog and Blue Collar Radio, etc., along with the BBC and other oddball stuff instead of local clap-trap. Plus I can listen to it on my laptop and, if I get a portable receiver, I can extend it to that device as well, which I plan on doing so I can have it in my '55.

6. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Have Sirius in the garage and house.
    XM on the wives new Enclave.
    Guess they are basically the same with some different numbers for the same stations.
    Have had Sirius for 6-7 years.Really enjoy it.
    Faves are 50's,60's,Classic Rewind and Vinyl,Boneyard,Deep Tracks
    but my most listened to is Underground Garage.
    Don't have any tunes in my fun cars.

7. same here pandora on the cell phone, dont need garmin either, use the phone for that too.

8. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

I have it in the daily but spend more time listening to pandora or my own mp3's on my cell jacked into the system.

XM doesn't have a station that plays anything I care to listen to on a regular basis.

9. Not sure what I said was funny to you, and Yes, Pandora is free, and every time I've used it the selections that they have come up with based on the initial songs or titles that I used pretty much SUCKED. Sorry, but FREE isn't always best, especially if you have the means to get what you really want. A computer deciding what songs i should hear just doesn't get it. Sorry, but Pandora doesn't come close to offering me a good selection of music

10. I have had it for years and I love it.

11. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I wouldnt pay for that shit if you paid me to pay for it

12. kevo

kevo
    from Keller, TX

I love mine... and my antennae is behind my head unit in my OT truck, still works flawlessly... never searches for signal, skips, etc. and you can't see it... it's as close to the dash as possible, face up...

13. Was "XM" available prior to '67????????????????????????????????????????

14. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My traditional car came with an AM radio. When I drive my traditional car, I listen via old technology, after the vibrator buzzes for a while and the tubes warm up. When I get tired of the radio, I turn it off and just listen to the tune of a perfectly running 354 hemi.

15. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

Mine works fine, I put antenna on the top of the dash. clipped the reciever to the ashtray. easily removable....

Attached Files:

• rad1.jpg
      rad1.jpg
      File size:
      286.9 KB
      Views:
  16. big creep

big creep

i guess it depends on what kind of music you like. if you pay the 35 bucks a year, you get to skip as many songs that it generates. for me pandora plays what i like, because i enter the artist i like and bam, it plays the songs i like.
    what i do miss about xm is the 40 station, especially the wwII radio reports on friday night, that was always cool to me.

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I frequently spend time driving a late model that has Sirus/XM... I find myself flipping between 40s on 4, 50s on 5, 60s on six, 70s on 7, and 80s on 8 endlessly. There is stuff I like on each, but for the most part the majority of the stuff on each is crap. I can't handle top 40 from any decade. And who the hell said it's okay to play 60s stuff on a 50s channel and vice versa? Drives me bananas... Short drive! Up on channel 53, they used to have the best punk channel in the world, but these days it's gone. That was the only radio station I have ever heard where I could leave it on the channel for weeks at a time and never be mad. I wouldn't consider it for my own car.

18. ^^^I hear ya, I miss Channel 53. When my wife used to send me out on Sunday mornings for coffee, they used to play an hour of the most bitchin' surf guitar music from bands you've never heard of. I think they called it the Hayride from Hell or something like that.

The wife has it in her truck, and I even bought a Roadie unit for my commuter car but just can't figure out where to mount it without it looking goofy. Plus, since XM and Cirrius combined, I think the music just isn't as good. Now, it's 200 channels and nothing on........

19. big creep

big creep

this is why i got rid of it, that punk station was the best! i cant believe they took it away!!!!

20. Home Brew

Home Brew

Yeah, 50's on 5 is where its at.

21. RDR

RDR

.........I'M WITH YOU ON THAT ONE AXLE !!..

might even renew a subscription with them if that happened

22. tooljunkie

tooljunkie
    from manitoba

i just signed up with sirius,used my laptop at work with itunes,but it got old after a while.a buddy had a dead unit and gave it to me,so the spare dock stays at work,and i move radio from car to shop and garage at home.there's always something to listen to.i'm in the country,fm sucks at best.
    audio quality is okay,but i need to run with the volume higher.

23. Hank Turd

Hank Turd

I put a XM antenna UNDER the vinyl top I put on a Model A Sedan. Inbetween the headliner and vinyl top, the customer said he hasn't had any reception problems at all.

24. Got it in my O/T daily driver....don't listen to the music stations but channel 82 [XM] has all the old 30's-50's radio shows...worth the cost IMHO. Sorry, no help on how to hide the anntenne.

25. terryr

terryr
    from earth

Was the Internet?

26. I don't have internet in my hot rod.... do you?

27. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

I have XM in my GMC and sirius in the shop and several other cars. However, I don't get the multi-unit discount on the XM. It's my theory that that asshole Stern will get a big raise if the XM accounting is combined with Sirius based on his contract that is tied into subscription increases.