Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 29 roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olskool34, Apr 10, 2011.

1. lorodz

lorodz

looking good keep it up .

2. olskool34

olskool34

The trunk area of the car was missing everything. Floor, braces, everything was gone. I have been looking for a long time for original parts to put it back together and I finally got all the correct original panels/braces to put it back together. They all needed a bit of work but they fit properly. Everything now is togther and the trunk fit is almost as good as my unrestored coupe. Made me feel good. Last two shots were taken today to see what she looks like from a distance. I am loving it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. olskool34

olskool34

What do you guys think about the height? I want this to be a 1935-6 ish build so the stance is important. Did they drop them then or just try for more power and aerodynamics?

4. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

5. shoestring

shoestring

My definition of a hotrod! Great work.

6. lorodz

lorodz

looks good .

7. Please don't change the height, FIRST thing I liked about the car. I am trying to keep my rpu tall and seeing yours made me fall in love with TALL again.

8. VonKool13

VonKool13

They been lowering cars since they started building T speedsters, so you could come down a little in the rear. Other than that I would leave it.

9. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

i think the height looks good with this build.gives it a real 40's vibe.

10. billylo

billylo

11. tuki

tuki

you ask about the stance..i love the high and mighty look.id just mayb do a rev eye in the rear or take a leaf or two out.thats all i did on mine.no Z or anything

12. skoh73

skoh73

I like the height. Looks great and I can't wait to see more progress.

13. bobbooth

bobbooth
    from limeyland

I'm with you Jason, keep it up there;) looks just fine to me as it is

14. olskool34

olskool34

I am going to take a few leaves out of the rear, it is way too stiff. There are also 12 leaves on the front spring, going to take out a few there and see where it sits.

15. Bucket of T

Bucket of T

That's a cool looking ride you got! Just wait how many looks you'll get on the road.

16. olskool34

olskool34

Going to start restoring/replacing the mechanical brakes this week. I have them on my coupe and I like them plus this is alot lighter than the coupe so they should be fine.

17. Looks right to me! I'm looking forward to seeing the difference with the leaves removed.

The white letters on the Firestones really set that car off.

18. olskool34

olskool34

Took this shot today to see how it sits compared to my coupe. My coupe has a reversed eye spring in front and is 7 leaves. The roadster has 12 leaves on the front? Obviously this is not the axle that was under the roadster back in the day. Thought it was a cool pic. Tires are 7.50R/6.00F on the coupe and 7.00R/5.50F on the roadster.

[​IMG]

19. lorodz

lorodz

what spring are you using in the rear of the coupe and the roadster?
    i used a stock model A spring with a bunch or leaves removed. dont get me wrong it looks good but when i hit a bump the spring has no suspension it feels and it kills my back i cringe at the site of a bump id like to use something more softer ..any ideas other than that both cars look killer

20. olskool34

olskool34

Stock rear in the back. Going to remove some springs soon to see what happens. The roadster is stock too. The roadster is waaayy too stiff so something is going to have to happen with that spring.

21. skoh73

skoh73

That is a great pic. You are one lucky man!

22. olskool34

olskool34

Hey guys, what do you think of running board aprons? I just picked up a set of original 29's and was looking at some old time pics and saw a roadster with them and it really looked good to me. I really hate to pull the body off again.

23. lorodz

lorodz

i got a set also after i move into my new house im going to pull the raodster apart and put mine on the need a little trim to look the way i want but i think they will look great when cleaned up and installed i say go for it

24. I love the idea!
    I'm currently on the prowl for a set for my 31 roadster. I plan on painting them to match the frame so they're suttle but still stand out just enough to give it a cool look.:D

25. Deadelvis2000

Deadelvis2000
    from Austin, TX

Have you considered the 1930 aprons. They more or less start at the front of the cowl and go back where as the 28-29s are 6 or 8 inches longer in front of the cowl. I have seen a few 29's with the later aprons and just think they look wicked.

Perfect car. You have done a great job!

26. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Love 28/9 A's,my fav too!

27. 208custom

208custom

Very Cool To hear this story, about 3 years ago when I was living in Hamtramck a blacksmithing teacher I had took us to see a very large chariot, horses and figures that he was restoring for a building downtown and showed us some of the other rooms that were around this project. In one room was this car and many other parts, frames engines and maybe a couple more bodies. I asked if he had any information on the cars and parts and he was not sure who owned them or how long they had been there. I often wondered what would happen to those, Very cool to see that at least one made it out of deep storage to hit the road once again. Great job with the car, its looking great.

Mike

28. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

It would give it a real dry lake racer look
    go for it... you can always take them off

29. olskool34

olskool34

I think the aprons might be from a 1930, because the car the guy is building is a 1930 tudor. I am picking them up today so I'll try to get pics up soon.

Mike, are you saying you saw My car in there???? If so do you have any pictures??

30. olskool34

olskool34

I lost all my photos of the car when we brought it out of the building in pieces. I have been trying to locate any that friends have and nothing. My wife found this on her phone today and it is the earliest pic I have. The day we got the wheels and tires. We bolted up the axles and put the body on the frame in less than an hour and had it rolling in under 2. You can see the bad patch panels in the wheelwell and quarter in this pic plus the x that was welded in crooked and wouldn't let any of the body to be square. I cut it out the day of this pic.

[​IMG]