Register now to get rid of these ads!

PM Limit Change?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 55chieftan, Nov 5, 2011.

1. 55chieftan

55chieftan
    from Maryland

Hello,

Did the PM limit change? I just noticed today it said that I was 100% full but I had thought it was 500 and I am at 405. I will start cleaning out now but I was curious about this.

2. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yep... I dropped the limit for regular users and raised it for Alliance members. This might go back to how it was and it might not. I'm testing something right now.

The PM table has been one of the big problems we've faced when dealing with server performance and if I can speed things up by dropping that table, I'm gonna do it.

Thanks,

R.

3. Kinda caught me by surprise as well, Ryan, but I understand the issues you've been dealing with of late. I just cleared out my box completely. Hope it helps in some small way. I deleted 250 outgoing pms as well as 64 that were in my inbox. Didn't really intend to ditch those 64, but oh well, it was mostly info I can get again from friends. Good luck. Hope things get a little "smoother" for you going forward........Don.

4. 49 chevy

Attached Files:

5. Me to i did to,good luck

6. 55chieftan

55chieftan
    from Maryland

I've heard that PM boxes can do that as well. There really isn't a big reason to have that many anyways. It just gave me the kick in the butt I needed to delete them. Thanks for the response and all the hard work you do into making this a great place. We truly appreciate it.