Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kiwi Newbie

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by kiwicaddy, Nov 5, 2011.

1. kiwicaddy

kiwicaddy

Hi Folks, been checking on here for a long time, finally got to registering and hope to make some new friends and learn a bit. I have 2 Caddys, a 60 and 65, both Coupe Devilles, and a 34 pickup which has custom frame, chop, channel, fenderless, running Pontiac 389, tripower, 4 speed and banjo rear. Just got some doorskins and bottoms from robin at Fox panels in Canada. The body came from Montana and has the usual rust and damage, but she'll live!
    The 60 Cad is in pieces, frame off, has a good body, 390 all done and all chassis work finished, bags done, just body and paint to go!??? I own a body and paint shop but finding time to do my own stuff is hard, undecided on color but will be 60's style.
    I recently bought the 65 as a driver, a good clean car, I just lowered it and have some Porter mufflers to fit next.
    Cheers, John

2. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!

3. kiwicaddy

kiwicaddy

Hey thanks, I just checked out your build pics, looks great, chop looks just right. When I get the hang of this I will post some pics of my cars. Cheers, John

4. metalix_421

metalix_421

welcome to the HAMB

5. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

6. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

7. fleet-master

fleet-master

Hi John,good to see another kiwi on here!! how unusual!! :D lookin forward to seein some pics of your 34 P/up

8. yeah hows it going, hello from taupo

9. Porter Man

Porter Man
    Alliance Vendor
    from Mound, MN

Hey John, Welcome! This is a great place to be! Keep on rumblin!

10. 2loud2old

2loud2old

Hi John, Welcome from sw Pennsylvania. Check out Kiwi Konnection in Bakersfield CA Duane ships a lot of things down under.

11. Hey John, hows your weather up there today.
    Its always raining down my way. lol.

12. Greetings from Iowa!

13. 35desoto

35desoto

Yup a warm welcome from another KIWI HAMBer

14. kiwicaddy

kiwicaddy

Thanks to all you guys who have given me a warm welcome, sorry about the delay in replying but work and life in general keep getting in the way!?? Good to see a bunch of Kiwis on here as well and hope to get a lot of inspiration from our American friends, Cheers!

15. welcome!! and good morning from michigan!!

16. hvywrench

hvywrench
    from N.W. Conn.

Welcome from a past "Icehole" that spent a lot of time in CHCH going to and from the Ice.
    Loved pretty much everything about NZ and always took the time to visit different places (mostly on the South Island, sorry!).
    Spent a week in Greymouth and thought it was great, loved being near the ocean and watching the boats shoot the narrows.
    Drank way too many beers in ChCh but I blame the Kiwis....they made me do it....
    Did all the 'touristy' stuff in Queenstown and jumped at Skippers.
    Spent two weeks with my parents, driving them around both islands in a rented "Campervan" (that 'wrong side of the road' will really get 'cha at a rotary or roundabout!!!).
    Enjoyed the hot springs at Rotorua.
    You folks have a great country and I would love to visit again.
    Welcome!
    Bill

17. Hey John, welcome aboard.

18. Roach Studios

Roach Studios

Welcome to the HAMB! From Columbus, OH