Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shipping parts rom Iowa to CO. Who do you guys use?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by choptvan, Nov 3, 2011.

1. choptvan

choptvan

1947 hudson parts from iowa to colorado and I don't know who to use to ship it all. I have a good deal, but can't find good shipping. Anyone?

2. john worden

john worden
    from iowa

Be specific. What parts?

3. Weedburner

Weedburner
    from Wa State

I have found shipping thru Fastenal's system to be cheaper on large parts, but it takes more time. You deliver the item to a Fastenal store near you, they deliver it to a Fastenal store near it's destination. I recently shipped a complete rear axle assy in a crate 65"x17"x17", 200lbs, class 85. Washington state to Maine. YRC wanted $355 and it takes about a week. Fastenal was $175 and estimated 12 days, actually took about 15 days. Most Fastenal stores don't know they also ship 3PL (3rd party loads ?), but you can contact corporate for an estimate... http://www.fastenal.com/web/services.ex?action=Logistics

4. wisdonm

wisdonm

Check out Greyhound buses. Stop laughing. Cheapest way to ship pumpkins in 5 gallon buckets.

5. choptvan

choptvan

Sorry bout that. Hood, decklid, all 4 fenders, hood hinge assy, and some other misc small parts.

Fastenal? Really? Damn. That's cool as hell. I will look into that.

6. FANTM58

FANTM58

Try Yellow Freight, We use them at work to ship big heavy stuff coats to coast.Not sure how competitive ther rates are ? we use a comercial account ! But fast reliable service !!!

7. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Where at in Iowa? How about a relay? There are plenty of guys on here fom Iowa and Nebraska. You may have to drive a ways but I bet we could get them alot closer to you.

8. Try Uship.com also check with BenD

9. Our own Ben D.

10. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I recently used Uship for the 2nd time and thought it was still a good deal for what I was shipping.
    However for the amount of stuff you need to move, I expect it wont be all that cheap.
    Although with Uship you just never know until the deal is done.
    If you do decide to list your stuff on Uship you will need to provide accurate size and weight info to help you get the most interest, just be ready for those ambitious types who come in early asking huge $'s and then offering to cut the price, but still to an unreasonable rate.
    You got to hold your ground with these guys.

11. choptvan

choptvan

Lookin onto all of this/ Great ideas and thanks again. Hamb has set me up one more time!

12. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have relayed parts to Ben before. I now live just off of I-80, so he could just drop by. I don't think he likes the northern tier in the snowy months though.

13. John is pretty much right in the middle of the state.

14. choptvan

choptvan

Thanks guys lookin into ll of that now. Hamb relay... sounds like something we should do once a year for the hell of it!

15. i just shipped boston to tx .. 55 pounds , trunk lid . 84 bucks, Grey H

16. RAY With

RAY With

I have used greyhound for big parts and never had any problems. Freight co. are costly unless its business to business.

17. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

Greyhound is just as fast or faster than most..and a whole lot cheaper.

18. Another Greyhound fan here,,,I shipped a 80lb transmission from Nor Cal to San Diego...cost $63.00, took 2 days

19. Chally

Chally

20. C4 Metal Werks

C4 Metal Werks
    from California

Find a friend with a Fed Ex account and use Fed Ex Freight. You should be able to get a 40% discount. Put everything on a pallet. Wrap it and pad it well. Iowa to Colorado should be be around 200.00

21. choptvan

choptvan

Callin greyhound next. Got some good ideas here guys. THanks again. What a big help this has been