Register now to get rid of these ads!

For those of you that loved Garage Magazine welcome to Autocult!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by loveoftiki, Oct 30, 2011.

1. I was a huge fan of Garage. It had articles I enjoyed and was more than just cars. Dan Stoner has had the Autoculture site up for awhile. If you havent checked it out www.autoculture.org do it Now!!!!!!!!!!! He has launched Autocult magazine. My only fear is since Borders took a shit and Barnes and Nobles carries about 1/2 the car magazines as Borders I will be left high and dry without issue 1. If any Hamb people find it on a bookshelf somewhere post it up. I will keep an eye out for it in my travels.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  2. chaddilac

chaddilac

3. dmac620

dmac620

Heading out to barnes and noble later today. I'll be checking the magazine racks for it.

4. ilikeflatblack

ilikeflatblack
    from HASLET, TX

Found it @ a Shell truck stop in Ft Worth Tx $12 so i got it its pretty cool

5. Looks pretty damn cool... Can't wait to get my hands on one.

6. OK Im pissed now. I got to get to a bookstore. How does it rate?

7. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

Is that aumish shit true?????

FYI: Sex Drive is the funniest movie on the planet!!!!! "fuck off donut"

8. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

GREAT STUFF!!!!! Doubt i can find it here though.:(

9. Best wishes to Stoner, looking forward to it.

10. Well 0 for 2 here in Detroit. The lady got impatient with me when I asked if she could order it. She claimed they have no control over what comes in !!!! Barnes and Noble can suck it!!!! I gotta get this, I am on a mission from God now !!!

11. carnut341

carnut341

Is it a car mag or a girlie mag?

12. Little of both. Garage always had good shit to actually read, and the eye candy was always top notch

13. Molina

Molina

Picked mine up last night. Great mag !

14. inkstain27

inkstain27

15. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Been following Autocult for a while now and it is classic Stoner.........there is even breastissses on there!!!

16. Found a copy and its a good read just as Garage was. Enjoyed the ratrod story haha, was funny I saw Von Franco ar CHRR leaning on the fence by himself and the next day I saw him in the mag leaning on the fence with a bunch of girls, funny how things work.-Weeks

17. Please send me a copy and a bill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. dmac620

dmac620

I Went to barnes and noble that is nearest to my house. I was told that they would not be getting any in since their branch did not order it. The worker called to the barnes and noble that is one town over and found that they had two dozen copies on-hand. Weird that some seem to be getting it and others are not.

19. D-fens

D-fens
    from Huntsville

Subscription info would be nice, since distribution seems to be a little sketchy.

Would like to see whatever happened to the "Month of Sundays" streamliner build from Garage mag. If the guy is still working on it.

20. For $12 I expect Rodder's Journal quality, not record reviews and tattoo pictures.

21. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

enough said, not going to waste my time looking around here.

22. FritzTownFord

FritzTownFord

Will he give me the ad schedule we traded for in Garage and never received shit?

Wonder who's chassis that $12,000 body is sitting on right now?

23. Brian Bounds and Stoner did a bang up job on the garage mag. Brian and I went to rival highschools that both were a pain in the ass with not alot of hot rod people. I wish Stoner the best and will look for the mag. Can you get through the website or maybe evilpay?

24. str8 6 str8 edge

str8 6 str8 edge
    from Tampa

For 12$ I better get more than just cars. Better be some girls too! Maybe some tattoos or a little music.

25. That's exactly what I DIDN'T like about Garage. If I want music reviews, I'll read Rolling Stone. If I want to see tattoos, there are mags for that as well. I haven't ssen this new one yet, so I don't know.

26. called three barnes and nobles here in phx and all said they would not be carrying it so where can we buy it online.

27. I picked my copy up at Barnes & Nobles in Modesto, Ca last nite. Even a member from my car club is in there!! This mag blew me away.
    Dave

28. Mpls 40

Mpls 40

grabbed mine up today. Beautiful mag - great design and I'd say, yes - it's Rodders Journal quality - in terms of design and production. Cool content too. Great job to all involved!

29. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

no luck at my b&n, and hastings had it in their system , but did not know if they would get it....
    we are a little bit in the middle of nowhere here in terms of location and population...
    If anyone has the funds to pick up an extra, and can go through the hassle to ship,+$ I could paypal ya.. send me a pm, thanks

30. H.G. Wells

H.G. Wells

Just picked it up at my Barnes and Noble. Yes, it is a little pricey. Lots of "culture" some good some not. But it does have the things I liked about Garage. I wish them well.