Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage HAMB activity G.G. Charlotte, N.C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roddin-shack, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Southern Motors

Southern Motors

2. HIDDEN

HIDDEN

Had a great time this weekend. Got to put a lot of new faces to screen names. And thanks to the Iron Lords for their hospitality on Friday night. Great times.

3. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

4. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

WOOO HOO, I finally made it to the IL clubhouse! (at lest when someone was there). Good times. Met lots of you HAMBheads, got to watch Boobie workin' his plumber's mojo......sans buttcrack. Good pumkin crap, what the hell was that? Rockin' the Hidden coozie all weekend.

NO MOVIE???? I want my $$$$$back.

Terd....Lets see that album and sexy pink flake bow!

5. Jeff J

Jeff J

The Iron Lords club house was a good night , great people, good food, other than driving home in the rain shooting rooster tails for 40 miles at night with no wipers down country roads !!! Still was fun ! Can't wait till pancake breakfast this coming saturday ! And the show was good time with old friends ! And I mean really OLD friends ! LOL

6. 32Gnu

32Gnu

Me and mine had a great time!

First show for us to charlotte..(driving in)

Thanks to all you iron Lords and lordalikes....

Booby, thanks for the bed...
    Kurt for the walmart plaza tour..
    Brett for the tat..
    Jeffrey for talking me in to driving the track... What a blast that was.!

All y'all for the all around good time...

Tom, Mary & Jackson

7. Jeff J

Jeff J

[​IMG] Got my little ears on the shifter !!!

8. redhumphries

redhumphries

really enjoyed the iron lords deal friday night thanks for the ride Jeff maybe next year Ill drive you. Didnt make the show some have to work but I do thank everyone for the pictures just like being there almost. RED

9. Red! Glad we got to speak Friday night! We have to sit down and shoot the breeze one of these days!

Russ! Good to see you again! Thanks for the hook-up! I still owe you!

Gnu! No, thank you! Your dad's car is perfect!

JeffJ! Thanks for doin' the "BobK relay thingie"! Great to meet you and Mrs.J! Dying to try the pepper jelly! Send me pics of the tree!

Justin & Holly! Thanks for the bed! Sure beats the Suburban! Tell Kimber hey!

IL's! Holy Moley! Thanks for another over-the-top good time at the Lair! Ron! Thanks for the space!

Scooter! Great to meet you! Hope to see "Scooter McRad's Big Adventure" coverage here as soon as the jetlag wears off!

Big Lovin! Hope you made it back OK! we couldn't have beat that smile off your face with a 10-pound sledge! Post some pics, will you!?!?!

Thanks to all that made this weekend a success for me!

Everyone else!

10. Colville

Colville

Not sure if I can even put into words how fun this weekend was! The entire weekend was awesome... From the Iron Lords shop party to the GG show to Saturday night getting to mess around with my '53 and having Jeremy James do a bit of tuning on her at the shop and just generally had a blast shootin the shit with ya man, we'll have to do it again soon. And thanks to Chris for letting me crash on the princess bed :) The Iron Lords and the people that hang around are some really awesome people, some of the best i've ever met. Anyway, had a blast and just wanted to thank the people that made it perfect!

11. Hot Rod G Diddy

Hot Rod G Diddy

You are correct. Built by Paul Bos from San Diego in 1997... now residing in Georgia.

12. nickk

nickk

im pretty sure i passed that blue roadster broke down on 85 friday on the way to the concord, but hey he tried and thats what counts, if it wasnt him it was one very similar

13. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

I'm pretty sure that car was trailered in as it was just finished.

14. nickk

nickk

well then there was one very similar getting loaded on a roll back about 30 mins out of concord

15. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Might have been, who knows. Either way that roadster was beautiful.

16. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

(If you mean the '30 roadster) It broke down in the shop! :) Had to pull the engine Wednesday! What a mess!

17. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Cory; great pics! Really nice meeting you buddy, keep in touch!

18. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Finally got to a computer on my way to Fla. Thanks for including a photo of my red 49 Meteor coupe. had a great time at the Iron Lords clubhouse on Fri night, the food and the company second to none. Got a big surprise at the show, the car was chosen by G.G. for their Shoe Box pick and we had to stay around on sunday to collect it, and it was probably the best weather of the weekend. Cant wait for next year. Larry. :)

19. I'm new in those there parts....to me I can only speak from my experiences, GG's Events for the most part have been bigger. Didn't mean to down play the experience, or meeting HAMB members. Congrats " roddin-shack " Damn it screwed up again. Rather to be hated for who I am , than liked for someone I'm not.

20. thequietwon

thequietwon

Yes, I agree...this show has been steadily declining for the last 3-4 years. I think the weather really affects this show...it can be really bad or fairly nice. I was looking at a street rodder feature on the show from 2006 just the other day, and the entire speedway was packed...at least 3 times the cars that were there this year. That being said, I love this show & look forward to it every year. I didn't make it this year with my deuce, but I sure enjoyed blasting the '57 around the speedway!!
    Sam

21. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Sam, The laps around the speedway are the highlight of the show. But what a BUMMER they slowed the cars to around 55 MPH, you could barely get up speed to get to the top of the track. I could go faster on Speedway Blvd. I am assuming someone must have screwed it up in the last couple of years that I have not been there to cause the slow down.

22. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Man that sucks, when I was out there with my T I was able to drop back and then hammer it out of turn 2 and got up well over 100mph. It was the high light of owning the car. However I seen some guys going pretty fast two weeks ago. I bet they were in the 80mph range coming out of turn 4.