Register now to get rid of these ads!

History F**K That *other* Pontiac thread, let's see what made 'em GRRRREAT!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by monsterflake, Apr 28, 2009.

1. monsterflake

monsterflake

from the HRR reunion this summer, courtesy of johnny wishbone...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jim_ss409

jim_ss409

I saw this 59 Pontiac and figured it belongs in this thread.

[​IMG]

3. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

at least it isn't as O?T as a Parking Lot full of GRAND AM'S

4. spiker

spiker

I've had a 64 GTO, 389 tri-power, 70 GTO 400, 4 speed, and a 72 Firebird all before I was 22 years old. Loved all of them. Back in 71 my wife wanted me to store away my 70 Goat for the future, and I didn't, what an idiot. I was forced to get rid of it because of the huge insurance premium hike on muscle cars. Oh well, I guess we all had cars we wish we still had. I couldn't believe GM got rid of them, I was crushed.

5. Jeff Walker

Jeff Walker

Cool car, but it's powered by a BBC.:(:(

6. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

7. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

8. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Oh man....love that first picture.....Woody time :eek:
    Cheers.. and thanks for posting....

9. Molina

Molina

Decent thread. Owned many Poncho's over the years - 62 four speed, dual quad 421 Catalina, 70 Judge tribute, 67 GTO, 68 400 Firebird.

10. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

pontiac 400 in my 50 pontiac
    [​IMG]

11. Deuces

Deuces

Here's a couple of engine pics from an unrestored '66 Goat....:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

12. twotoejoe

twotoejoe

What's the story on this one??

13. The original owner saw a GTO road test in one of the car magazines back in the day and ordered this car just like the one being tested with the exception of the color combination. This car is Teal Turquoise with Parchment interior, 389 Tri-Power, close ratio 4 speed, 3:90 Safe-T-Track, manual brakes with metallic brake linings, quick ratio manual steering, ride & handling package, HD radiator, rally guages, manual tune am radio with manual antenna, console, tinted glass and spinner hubcaps with redline tires. The car is all original, numbers match and has never been apart. It came with the Protecto-Plate, Extended Warranty certificate and the original sales invoice. The ram air pan is an original steel one. I bought the car from the second owner, he bought it from the first in 1977 for $350.

14. garagecat

garagecat

Born at St Joe's in Pontiac in 1956. My dad was a Buick guy. We lived in Oxford about half way between Pontiac and Flint. My oldest brother worked as a chassis engineer, my other brother signed with the Cleveland Indians out of high school and used his sign in bonus on a 68 Tempest. My brothers got together with an order form and put every power option available in it. They wanted to build a sleeper. I drove it once and could barely get the clutch pedal to the floor.

15. MaPe4re

MaPe4re
    from ca

the smell of nitro mixed with the smell[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. 52Poncho

52Poncho

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My current project
    1952 Pontiac Fleetleader Sport Coupe

17. twotoejoe

twotoejoe

Sweet! As you might can tell by my avatar, I'm partial to that color. Mine was ordered from the factory with the tri power, but with an automatic on the column and black interior. I like your device to keep the dipstick from popping up!

18. You have a rare one. I found a triple black 65 GTO convertible years ago that was a factory Tri-Power auto console shift, I still kick myself for not buying it.

The second owner of my car said he didn't put the spring on the dipstick and the first owner doesn't remember doing it either but one of them must of because that is the way I got it.

Do you have pictures of your car posted somewhere that I could see?

19. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

My 62 Bonneville is starting to get somewhere, and I just bought an Aussie RHD 61 Laurentian (less than 200 built per year!!!!!!)

20. I blame the fold on "KIT" and David Hasselhoff! If we wanted talking cars we would just take our ol ladys everywhere with us!

21. Ga66mopar

Ga66mopar
    from Ga

In my opinion Pontiac was killed in 1981. No real Pontiac man would put a chevy engine in his Pontiac. I still have my 72 GTO 455 ho I drove in high school and my biggest competitors on the street was the Chevy’s.

22. The Continental

The Continental
    from Texas

I love Pontiacs! My dream Ponchos are 26 roadster, 34 3w, 47 fastback coupe, 58 Bonneville coupe, 59 Bonneville convertible, 67 GTO convertible, 69 GTO Judge, and 69 Trans Am. I could go on with 4 or 5 more T/As too.

23. BHfanGB

BHfanGB

I tend to agree with you. Here's my not-HAMB friendly '81 Grand Prix sporting the end-of-the-line Pontiac 265 V8. Bought new by my mother and preserved, it was the only V8 powered GP I recall seeing on the lot back in '81. So far, three 2nd place trophies in 5 showings.[​IMG]

24. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

My daughters wedding car, a 1949 Poncho (but Chey powered). With her wedding gown she coun'nt fit in my coupe... but the coupe led the way.

Attached Files:

25. cowboy.3d

cowboy.3d
    from Austin TX

Here are a few new pictures of mine. It is sittin' outside at ASS right now, so its a bit dirty.

Attached Files:

26. AKA Kustoms

AKA Kustoms
    from Racine, WI

My o/t 79 Bonneville Landau daily driver, 301, 46K original miles...

[​IMG]

27. I saw this one at the Motorsports Hall of Fame in Alabama in 1993.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]