Register now to get rid of these ads!

Locked my keys in the trunk. Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by joekocjan, Oct 26, 2011.

1. joekocjan

joekocjan

Well I got them out. Took the back seat out and was able to get to the hinges and took the bolts out. Off to the hardware store to get a couple spares made.
    Thanks alot guys

2. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

As soon as you get it open get a spare key made and hide it under the front seat that way when you lock yourself out you can, no wait , that won't work, O.K. , O.K. hide it in the trunk, shit, nevermind.

3. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

Shave the trunk, what I did when I lost my key

4. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

On older cars, stuff can be pretty simple sometimes.
    On my old Nova, a '70 but not much different in door hardware than many cars back into the 1940's, I discovered easy kludges...also a bit scary, since obviously anyone else could use them.
    The hood had no inside handle, so it could be opened no matter what...and there was the dipstick!
    Dipstick could be weaseled in past the gasket with a little effort, and then used to flip up the latch...arm in, open door.
    Later I discovered it was even easier to shove dipstick past the main window fuzzies about 2/3 back on the door until lock button shook...at this point, some now forgotten simple flip of the dipstick unlocked the door. I believe both of these tricks would work on most '50's--'70's cars, except the vent window on cars with a crank there.
    On slightly later cars with the pull-out handle, like '70's-80's GM, dipstick is best wiggled in though the slots where handle goes through door.
    Now your spare keys can be hidden inside car and still easily retrieved...

5. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Hes already got a set "hidden" in the trunk!:p

6. Next time take your pic up! If you lock your keys in the back your brain damaged! lol

7. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Locksmith !

4TTRUK

8. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I have a spare to all my cars. When I change mobiles, I put the key in my wallet.
    The safe has 2 sets and the wife usually has one too.
    Not that I've ever locked em in the car when it was raining and running.
    Next payday was at the locksmith droppin coin on keys.

9. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

Not a HAMB friendly car, but a "locked out of car story". I guy in a parking lot asked to borrow my cell phone to have his his buddy bring spare keys because he locked himself out of his car. He handed me back the phone as his friend was on the way and I asked what happened. He pushed the button on his remote and said the battery must be dead. I asked if he tried the KEY???? He never thought of that! He instantly opened his door, then wanted to use my phone again to call his buddy... DUH!

10. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

11. #1. Set the dial to 1954.
    #2. Borrow the neighbors Delorean and get her up to 88 mph.lol

Try the fuel tank door? some come out from the outside.
    Back seat seems the way to go after attempting the screwdriver in lock theory.

12. knotheads

knotheads

i have a magnetic hide a key box i will donate.