Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mac' Antique auto parts ???????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tigger!, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Tigger!

Tigger!

Has anybody orders parts from Mac' Antique auto parts before? If so what was your experience ?

Thanks

2. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Over the past few years I have purchased quite a few parts from Mac's. All were pleasant transactions. No complaints. Plus, their catalogs are a wealth of information.
    But, I'm sure someone will crab about something. (smiling)

3. POLYFRIED 35

POLYFRIED 35

I ordered some stake bed pockets and other body parts last month and had no issues. Fast delivery, decent price and parts fit well. I would use them again.

4. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

Mac's been around a long time with a good reputation.

5. chaddilac

chaddilac

Yea they are really good, no problems with them and they have pretty quick shipping!

6. Tigger!

Tigger!

I know. They have parts that others don't. I need a few part just trying to figure out were to get them from.

Thanks

7. I've never had a problem. The ship fast and offer frequent discounts. The catalogs are great. My only complaint is that...... as to be expected some of their parts are less exact than others offered by similar vendors.( Model a body mount bolt kit for example.) But some of there stuff is better too. I would not hesitate to do business with them.

8. greasemunkee

greasemunkee
    from San Diego

Used Mac's a few times with my Model A build and my buddies Mercury build. Nothing but good things to say about those guys. All parts were in good shape, good price, and fit really well. Even bought my Coupe's glass through them, it came in quickly and very well packaged. Will be doing business with them again for my Roadster.

9. Tigger!

Tigger!

Good, now I feel comfortable ordering.

10. Mercchev

Mercchev

Bought lots of stuff from them over the years for the Mercury. Always a good experience.

11. Thanks for the info. I just picked up a 'A' and need some odds and ends. I was considering getting my parts from Mac's and based on some of the experiences posted here, it makes my decision a little easier to make.

12. My first and only order with Mac's wasn't too pleasant. I ordered numerous parts, spent well over $400, and after 3 weeks had gone by, my order still had not arrived at my house, nor had even been shipped. I called them and long story short, they basically "forgot" about my order. Wouldn't really purchase anything from them again, unless they're a last resort.

13. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I've used Mac's several times with good results.

14. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Good stuff, never had a problem.

15. damn, looks like i just got the shit end of the stick, now doesn't it? lol

16. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

I have ordered from them and when I lived in WNY I bought at their store. Never had any problems.

17. h.i.

h.i.
    from denver

Just got all the bearings, gaskets and seals for the '40 banjo I'm rebuilding. Good parts, and everything I ordered showed up. So far, so good.

18. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

One more happy customer here. Order at least once a month from them.

19. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

No issues so far ......

It's just the shipping that kills me.......!

20. beauishere

beauishere

Always had good experiences with them.

21. No problems and as others have said the catalogs are great.

22. I just put in another order with them tonight. I think most of the mail order guys get stuff from mostly the same places; but there are differences in what each place carries, their sources, and slight differences in prices.

I am not really happy with most reproduction sheet metal from anywhere. Just got some from Macs that was 21 ga compared to the Model As original 19 ga. ...but the stamping patterns looked very good, but just thin metal. A few years ago, I got some floorboard metal from Macs for the '51 that did not resemble the original pattern, was of good thickness, but primitively made. I will use most (but not all) of the thin Model A sheet metal, but ended up fabricating my own floorboard piece. I am not complaining and do not mean this as anything negative toward them; but I think maybe for sheet metal, the thing to do might be to post what you are trying to buy and ask who sells the best quality piece of that particular item. sheet metal seems to be hit or miss for the particular piece in my experience.

For Model A stuff, I have always been happy with Snyders' honest descriptions of own product quality, particularly when they had two sources for an item; but Macs has somehow got my business recently, when I did not find everything I wanted at Snyders. ...and folks here on HAMB were saying they liked Macs customer service.

23. I'm in New Zealand, and I've always had good service and good product. My only gripe is the shipping is often more than the product! This is because they only have one form of international shipping.... the most expensive! They have great catalogs too.

24. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

All good on my end.

25. Great web site. Easy to deal with. Always a good experiance for me.

26. bwas

bwas

Last year I quit using Mac's. I buy from Snyders and several other dealers.
    I sent a small order, and they had two items backordered ,sending them
    separately a few days later, charging me $15 to ship 3 cowl tags, and $14 to ship a $12 pulley. When I called to complain. they refunded $4 to my account. This was after several years of buying 8 to 10k a year from them.

27. bob35

bob35
    from DFW, TX

Ditto the previous positives. Just got a big order from them a couple days ago in fact... got it fast, and the prices were great. Have had great experience with them so far.

28. yblock292

yblock292

yep, good folks to deal with, even call ya if you order on line and find the part is back ordered, will call and give a ship date. I order quite a bit of stuff from them and keep going back, quality is excellent.

29. Jimmy Tee

Jimmy Tee

I've ordered quite a bit through them. No problems with the items, but their shipping costs to overseas is an absolute killer. That is the only reason I don't use them more often.

30. sassaquinn

sassaquinn

Good company.Never any problems.