Register now to get rid of these ads!

is Jimmie Vaughan a member here???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scotty t, Oct 23, 2011.

1. i've seen his cars here and his web site has a cars page, so i'm just wandering, is he a member here? i just saw him play with the tilt-a-whirl band, Johnie Lang and Buddy Guy in merrillville indiana. it was an awesome show.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  2. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

I'm jealous! Must've been a hell of a show!!

3. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Don't think so. But ya never know....;)

4. retromotors

retromotors

It's spelled Vaughan.

5. Landspeedroadster

Landspeedroadster
    from st. louis

went on garage crawl with him on friday in st louis and to show that night what a nice man he loves old cars as much as we do

6. Don't think he has the time....next show in Dallas - in beautiful Oak Cliff baby - is at the Texas Theater...

7. my bad, sorry!

8. axle

axle
    from Drag City

My wife and I have known about this special show for months and wanted to attend very badly but we're already going to be passing through towards the end of November and can't reschedule. I understand he's going to be talking about he and brother growing up in Oakcliff.
    Hope someone films it.

9. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Born under a bad sign ......................

Attached Files:

10. bluesman

bluesman
    from spring tx

Sure hated to miss that event.Do not think he is on the forum?I have had a chance to talk to Jimmie about the blues and hotrods at roundup a couple times, he truely is one of the nicest guys u every meet.With that being said! One thing I admire about him is he always stayed true to his heart music&cars solid guy with a God given talent for sure!Him and Buddy Guy are great together. I bet it was a good show;)

11. HotRodDaddy-O

HotRodDaddy-O

The epitome of cool. And less is more.

[​IMG]

12. Just in case he is on here I would like to say thank-you to him and his brother for the thousands of hours they have kept me company out in the garage.

13. Jimmi If you read this thread I would like to thank you for recording "Dengue woman"
    One of the best blues song out there.

14. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Scotty, I think I hate you!!
    Buddy Guy, Johnie Lang and Jimmie Vaughan in one show.
    Man I live in the wrong country to love the Blues so damn much!
    Thats it, I'm going to my room to put on some Son House, curl up in a corner and cry!!:(

Doc.

15. MISFIT 1

MISFIT 1
    BANNED

Here's Jimmie in one of his cars from this years Lonestar Round up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014

16. Looks like he may not like getting his picture taken !!! Sounds like Ryan.:D

17. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Saw him live with Kim Wilson and the Fabulous Thunderbirds back in '80 or '81. An exceptional talent!

18. 193257

OK I know most of you guys won't believe me but its for real. He was in St. Louis on friday 10-21-11. The day before he went to maryville In. He was in town for the concert and went on a garage crawl with us and some other Austin dignitaries that were in town. I was lucky enough to host the garage crawl and he actually rode with me in my Riv. Man what a day!!!!!! Got him to sign a guitar for me and yes he is truly a nice guy and a hardcore car guy. We were ridin along and somebody pulled out in front of me and he said My daddy use to say If you smell something I'm probably sittin in it. Went to the concert and you can say what you want but for me Jimmie outshined both Buddy and Johnny. I think Im still floatin around.

19. oj

oj

Seen him with the NightHawks, Jimmy Thackery & Paul Bell - now theres' some car guys. Thackery even wrote a song about his Buick (Detroit Iron) and Paul Bell tools around in a '53 BelAir -an unrestored work in progress.

20. MISFIT 1

MISFIT 1
    BANNED

My wife dated Jimmies brother Stevie in Oak Cliff when she was 13 and she says Stevie would call her up and play his guitar for her for 1-2 hours a lot. After 3 months she told him "I have a life" and dumped him. (She told me she thought Jimmie was cuter and she really had a crush on him). Later in 1972 she moved to Austin and would go to places like The one night and Antone's Where she would watch Stevie w/ Paul Ray and the cobras, The Fab Thunderbirds and others and be 1 of only 5-7 people at the shows.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  21. Nice car! I built the Y in that one. ;)

22. freeflynstl

freeflynstl

What? There was a show here and I missed it?

Andy from STL

23. 33Tudor

33Tudor

I met him at the LARS some years ago. Got to talking and mentioned we were from Texas also. He asked where from, and I said El Paso. He said he hadn't played here since he was with the Thunderbirds and he would really enjoy coming back. He gave me his phone number and his manager's number and told me to try to set up a gig for him and the band. We've been trying at different venues, but nothing has been organized as of yet. Still, every time we see each other, the first thing he asks is when we're going to have the gig in El Paso!:cool: Like others have already stated, he really is a nice guy, and a true car lover!

24. monsterflake

monsterflake

25. 2manyprojects

2manyprojects

it was friday night ///great sh0w

26. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Isn't every tradtional car guy on here? ;)
    I can't imagine being him though and letting the HAMB world know my screen name. His PM box would explode.

Like others have said he is a really nice guy and truely down to earth as I met him, and had a very nice conversation with him, while sitting outside the Continental club a few years ago. He just introduced himself as Jimmie and since I didn't know what Jimmie Vaughan looked like I didn't put two and two together till later that weekend. Just a normal car guy hanging out.

27. 94hoghead

94hoghead

Like others have said he is a really nice guy and truely down to earth as I met him, and had a very nice conversation with him, while sitting outside the Continental club a few years ago. He just introduced himself as Jimmie and since I didn't know what Jimmie Vaughan looked like I didn't put two and two together till later that weekend. Just a normal car guy hanging out.[/QUOTE]

My son met Johnnie Lang in L.A. a few years back. He just introduced himself as Johnnie. He was hanging out with a bunch of guitar players and didn't realize until later who he was. Pretty cool!

28. guess we were just lucky to be a street over from them boys in Oak Cliff...and no wonder the rides in my brothers Studebaker Lark was cool way to school....the first time I heard them play was at our jr high sock hop about 69 or 70...

29. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

I was there too Scotty!!! Jimmie and Jonny were great, but Buddy stole the show!!!