Register now to get rid of these ads!

In a bind (Help Needed)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56 ford custom, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Well a good buddy of mine has been working on one of my cars for a while now and was kind enough to let me store a car and two model t bodies in his hard. Well time has come that he needs to move and my stuff has to go aswell. Well here is the part that I am in a "bind" with. As of right now I am low on funds an dont quite have the money to rent a trailer to go to his place and pick up the stuff. Im in SOCAL and so are the cars. If there is anyone here that could possibly help that would be great and I would highly appreciate it. If so please PM me. Thank you.

2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

If you don't find someone to help you may want to consider selling one or two of the cars to fund moving and storing the one you really want to keep. All of us have had to sacrifice cars and projects over the years to pay for some family or personal matter, it is just part of life. While I wish I had some of the ones I have had to part with I never look back in regret, it took care of a problem at the time and that was what I needed to do.

Just a suggestion in case it all goes to hell in a handbasket and you face losing your stuff. :)

Don

3. Anyone with a trailer?

4. Toner283

Toner283

I'd help you out but it is a bit of a drive for me. It'd be like 5000 miles round trip.

So I'll just help with a bump.

5. 343w

343w

Surely there are enough hamb members in your area for a kind hearted sole to step-up to the plate. Come on guys, help out a brother in need. Maybe you could put an ad in craiglist to trade some parts for a helping hand as was suggested above..Good luck with a solution.

6. busguy71

busguy71

you can rent UHAUL car trailers for only $60 bucks, thats too cheap to not to. Thats what I do every time

7. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Yeah, and if you're only moving two Model T bodies, you can go with a small (5'x8") utility trailer for about $30-$40. I'd think you'd probably be fllipping a friend that much gas/beer money anyway. How about tossing them in the bed of a pickup truck?

8. Im more concerened about how I am going to move my 50 pontiac coupe. I cant afford tobrent a big trailer also to make to trips. Thats why I was asking if anyone here had a trailer

9. I understand money is tight, but $60 to rent a trailer for a day is nothing. Sounds like you need to do some liquidating. Thats what I would do... Jim

10. If i could i would help out. Where in So Cal are you?

11. Liquidating is what im doing. The cars are located in Hemet area

12. Gotcha... been there done that man. Have even practically given them away!!! Ouch!

13. mookandairin

mookandairin

14. Any others out here in SOCAL?