Register now to get rid of these ads!

Royal Bank of Canada Money Order Fraud Thief Alert

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olddaddy, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Cant trust Pay pal, cant trust checks, cant trust money orders, and in lousiana they wont let you do cash person to person sales.( i have no idea how they are going to regulate that or if i understand it right yet).how the fuck are you supposed to sell anything anymore?

so its cant trust checks, cant trust money orders, cant trust pay pal..and cant trust cash..wtf is this world coming to?

fucck it..im keeping my shit, and if anyone wants any of it, im going to barter with Gold and Guns..face to face

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  2. hotroddonnie

hotroddonnie

Generally liking Canadians ''EH'' Well Americans have taken trustworthy Canadians for a buck or two, and I generally like Americans. Like you said not pointing your finger :)

3. chevsotolac

chevsotolac

I use to go to the local 7-11 for my money orders and then I found out that they were the most common ones for fraud....so now I use paypal or usps....it sucks when you get fake moneytoo.....I know, I got burned myself....stan

4. Hate to hear about these low life scammers..there probably the same ones who steal your shit at swap meets as well.

Wake me up when we get rid of all the "dead beat low life blood sucking A holes" in this hobby..

Rick
    --------------------------------------

5. L79_Acadian

L79_Acadian
    from canada

Sorry for your loss, I really am. There are thieves everywhere. I have heard horror stories about Pay Pal,certified cheques, cash,and even western union money transfers.
    I recently sold a car to a fellow from the New Jersey area,on eBay. Now there was a problem, how do I get paid for the rest of the deal,after getting a deposit on PayPal? Cash (could be counterfeit),certified cheque (could also be counterfeit),western union (would cost him over $600.to send it to me), and do I send the car away and keep the ownership ( could registered it with a New Jersey ownership).
    Well I let him take the car,with the Canadian Ownership,and took a bank draft from him. Well my bank,up here in Canada, put a hold on it for 15 business days,even thou I had the money in the bank to cover the cheque.I was told by the bank manager that she has seen fake US money,certified cheques, cashier cheques,and all kinds of PayPal scams too.
    The thing with this rip off, is if he gets caught,up here in Canada, all he will get is a slap on the wrist, and he will be on his way. I hope someone on this forum or another forum know this Asshole, so he can get whats due.
    Hell up here all you get for murder is 25 years max, so I wouldn't expect much on a fraud conviction.
    Cheers,and I hope he beat BAD!

6. modeleh

modeleh

I live over 300 miles from there, so won't be much help, but perhaps there is a local good sam hamber who could print off the first page of this thread and take it down to the winfield lordco autoparts store, and other car related businesses in the area. If the employees don't have info on the scumbag and his plymouth, then some customer surely will.
    It will be in the best interest of the businesses to know to lookout for this cull so they don't get shafted by him. Maybe this dick's long distance scam can bite him in the ass locally, if he has a hard time by car guys in his area.
    Sorry to hear you got hosed by a hoser though.

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

They dont? Is this something new? I have ordered TONS of stuff from them in the past.

8. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

I should ask the Royal bank here what kind of M/O would be used for a U.S purchase.. see if its the same type you Showed.. I know there are different types that U.S banks will not accept..

same goes for here.. certain M/Os are not acceptable in Canada.. also.. with most M/Os there is a waiting period of 30 days for clearance..

I would be inclined to give the bad check to the authorities or something to investigate.. That kind of Bad practice hurts us all.

a Canadian Dodge looks like the one in my avatar.

9. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

I will post two Deadbeats that Fucked me over and over.

Ray Daye of Sandy Lake PA
    and

Shane Walp of Columbus Ohio

These two should never have the chance to do any work on any ones CARS or Trucks.

Also one of them ripped my Aunt off for a ECO Air Meter worth a Grand.

Fucking ASSES

10. johnod

johnod

I use RBC money orders fairly often , it is my bank.
    As far as USPS money orders well thats all well and fine IF you live in the USA.
    Not so good for the majority of the world, that doesn't live in the US.

My opiinion other than the scam artist, is that the bank is at fault, I'm sure they told you the MO was good before you shipped your parts.(Not the first time I've heard this story.) So you take their word, then they change they're mind and it's your fault.
    Typical bank methods, always somebody elses fault , nothing they do is ever wrong , nor are they ever responsable for the consequences of their actions.

Always try to avoid skunks, banks, and lawyers.

11. http://www.selectcdrates.com/rbc-bank-locations-florida/
    RBC has banches in Florida. No such thing as a bad Canadian money order from RBC. Our banks do NOT fool around at all. I dont expect you to understand but our system is so very different. Basically your bank rejected it. Dont want to be bothered processing it and dont understand we have international banking agreement with USA. A RBC bank could not. Florida Bank of the same company will honour it. The list of them in Florida is in the above link. However I agree. Money orders are a pain in the butt. Here Nothing leaves till I have the gold.
    Don

12. olddaddy

olddaddy

Don, I wish you were right, but I contacted RBC US,and RBC Canada. The money order was sent to them and they stamped and returned it as dishonoured. I spoke directly to the head of security and fraud at RCB Canada. I wouldn't argue that my local Wells Fargo Bank is useless, but in this case they didn't do anything but send it out to RBC.

13. tinmann

tinmann

I learned a year ago that USPS MO's are like everything else..... they too can take up to a month to clear.

14. BERNIES WELDING

BERNIES WELDING

i have a suggestion if this has not been mentioned already.............

contact the royal canadian mounted police and file a formal complaint with them. give them all the information and start some legal action with them. next contact the us attorney generals office and let them know. then contact the local office of the federal bureau of investigation and file a complaint with them. if you sent the items through the us postal service contact them, and give them the information about the mailing that was sent to you from canada.

it is a bit of work but if there are others that have filed complaints then yours will be added and if the crooks are caught you can put in a claim of somesort and well who knows............