Register now to get rid of these ads!

coming to a flea market near you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olcurmdgeon, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Just wait til they come and tattoo your barcode on ya ;)

2. I used to think those guy's holed up in rural Idaho and places were nuts. I have about decided they are patriots.:rolleyes:

3. Fordtudor37

Fordtudor37

"Bought" some stuff off a guy in PA at a swap meet and was told about the sales tax requirement, maybe that was one of the gustapo, dont know.
    SO just to F_ck the as_hole, in front of him I "dropped" the money on the ground and picked up the part and started to walk away. He started his speech about taxes and I informed him that per the law "He did not see a financial transaction occur" in which he (the state) could charge taxes. What he saw was me drop money while picking up a part a "friend" gave me and I will get the money back at a later time.

In the eyes of the law no transaction took place because I DID NOT "hand" him the money, which would have constituted a transaction. He "found" the right amount on the ground were I was standing.

4. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

PA the same, I just take orders, no spot, no table and I bring parts and deliver from my vehicle.

5. I read on the news website about two brothers that cut up a sizeable bridge on a state road and attempet to sell it for scrap. the scrap yard operatr called the police.

6. D-fens

D-fens
    from Huntsville

This ^

Google image search for pics of the two guys who tried to pull the high-voltage cable up out of the ground for the copper. Just don't post them here.

7. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

I DID read the political mumbo jumbo.
    Automotive parts "recyclers." Are you designated as an "automotive parts recycler?" Or are you just a guy selling old parts? Most states that designate someone as an auto parts recycler figure he's a business, and then there's all that goes with that. Do you REALLY want to go down that route?
    And while there are a few exemptions specified (recyclers among them, which is stupid because it's the recyclers that are the root of the damn problem!) it doesn't say anything about garage sales, Craigslist transactions, selling a car, selling a boat, a trailer, a GUN, or anything else. It merely says "Second-hand items."

That's flea markets and swap meets, among other things.

What it boils down to is this: they can't police the criminals, so they're going to strangle law-abiding citizens again, in a misguided effort to deter criminal behavior.
    The reality is that it will kill business, and hurt citizens, who now must pay additional banking fees or fees for a money order.

Additionally, if you are caught doing transactions in cash, since it's a law there will be legal consequences of some type. How far they're willing to take that is up in the air.

Since I run a swap meet, I find this particularly unnerving, even if it's not in my state. I doubt there are too many people on this site that can look at a law passed anywhere in this country and say "If that happened in my state, I would be out of business over night." That law would put me out of business over night.
    -Brad

8. What tipped them off?

Did one of the brothers walk in and say "Hey I got this bridge I can sell ya"?!?!? :eek: :D

9. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

They used to nibble at our wallets, but now............................they're having a four-course meal !!!

10. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

No, they did it before they crossed the bridge to get to the scrap yard.

11. At the minn swap last sunday i filled out the form stating i was from iowa and i arenot togooder at math

12. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

Yep.

13. kingpins

kingpins

exactly

14. oldskooloutlaw

oldskooloutlaw
    from Tulsa

Doesn't this shit really feel protected and contribute your hard earned money to the powers that be? I'm kinda wondering when they will outlaw "outlaws" ?