Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Early UpDraft Carbs Zenith and other HELP I.D

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bab59, Oct 14, 2011.

1. bab59

bab59

Bought this box of carbs today from an old timer some are Zenith and others I cant I.D please help Id all you can. What are these valued? They are for sale!
    Model T A And B's?
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. bab59

bab59

#2 Zeniths

Attached Files:

3. bab59

bab59

#3 Zeniths

Attached Files:

4. bab59

bab59

What is this lot worth?

Attached Files:

5. Deuces

Deuces

6. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

The first pics are A's. First pic in post #3 are B's.

7. bab59

bab59

Maybe $40 Each for buildable cores?

8. The other carbs look like tilloltsons (sp?) if they are aluminum and probably have an X on the bottom half somewhere. The are all A and B carbs.....$40 each sounds fair, they got for about $175+ core charge rebuilt around here.

The tillys are prone to warping really easily if over heated. Check the throttle bores above the throttle plates, the bore usually will be ovaled and not letting the plates seal propperly. The top half of the carbs also warp when they seal to the bowl on the bottom half. If you do a search over on the fordbarn, they can tell you hot to heat and straighten the warped areas. It really looks like you got a great find, I would have loved to find a stash like that.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  9. bab59

bab59

There is alot of different styles of zeniths. #1's are tillotsons
    These are all Early A and B carbs?

10. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

sorry to highjack-but while we're talking zeniths i have this one,no clue what is or for?

Attached Files:

11. bab59

bab59

Just put alot of them on ebay. I dont need them if you do bid away!

12. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

First pic all tillotson X or XF, mebbe $15 car, use on A or B, not original
    #2 is based on Model B design, is NOT original Ford...I believe it is from some farm/stationary engine application. I want it for my ongoing Zenith research!
    #3 Z...1st pic seems to be Model B carbs, don't crop off the ends if you want solid ID!
    second pic, right hand, is some unrelated Zenith, worthless unless you can figgerout what tractor or whatever it is for.
    I would be interested in #2 B variant because I am trying to figure out all this oddball use of the B design, might be interested in the 2 real B's depending on what you want for them.

All the odd Zeniths shown really need to be identified to find someone who can use them.
    A really HUGE number of Zenith variants exist, mostly used on boats, machinery, tractors, trucks, and so on, and identifying them can be a problem!

13. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Tillotsons always have some demand...they are pretty common, and were sold aftermarket for a LONG time, parts readily available and they function well.
    Model X came straight from Zenith via aftermarket vendors, XF is exactly the same but was actually sold from parts counter at Ford after all the Zeniths were gone!

14. sunnyorm

sunnyorm

#1 photos look like Tillotson Model Xs, or wards, to me.