Register now to get rid of these ads!

Goodguys Rhinebeck moved to Massachusetts?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jay Ess, Sep 29, 2011.

1. I don't mind the forty bucks for two people for two days.
    It's a prime location run by good people and it's all about cool rides.
    Let's withhold any judgements here 'till after we've attended the event.
    I'm going to Pre register. I think it's proper to do so and help the club with a little upfront seed money. Wouldn't you?

2. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

Here is the flyer

Attached Files:

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

Hilarious. Same price as Goodguys events, but it's OK when it's not Goodguys. Actually Goodguys is cheaper because you get THREE days.

This is why I call the whiners, whiners. When you guys have legitimate complaints, they are always welcomed. The problem is that 90% of the people who complain about Goodguys only do it because they think it's rebelling or because of something they heard from a friend's second cousin's next door neighbor and took as fact.

4. blacktopbutcher

blacktopbutcher
    from Rindge, NH

I find all of this quite amusing but disturbing as well. No matter what the venue somebody finds the soap box and perches themselves upon it. A bad, good or indifferent attack on people within our community just seems petty. It’s a car show for crying out loud (and that is what you’re doing, crying out load). I look forward to seeing something new come to town. Kirk and the rest of the Good Guys staff do our hobby a service by providing a venue for us to participate in. Whether you choose to or not is on you. Don’t attack the people who provide or use a service because you don’t agree with how they run there operation. We live in a capitalist country where we can choose what to consume and not to consume.

5. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Some people will piss and moan if you hung them with a new rope.
    As stated above,a car show.
    I enjoyed going to the GG show there along with the spring swap.
    Looking forward to the new show at Rhinebeck and going to the Big E if schedule permits.
    More shows the better.Thanks to all the organizations who put these shows on.Thankless job,for the most part.
    From a northern Hudson Valley guy,I will fire off my $40 bucks to help support the southern Hudson Valley guys.

6. spiker

spiker

Amen brother! The more shows the better. If I don't like one, I don't go, simple as that. Keep up the good work GG, NSRA, Right Coast, Hudson Valley, Ty-rods, Milltown, Alter Boys, Kingpins, Billetproof, Rumblers, Poor Boys, Downeast, Orientals, Mass Street Rodders and on and on and on. Without you guys we would be spending a lot of time building cars with no shows to go to. From what I see, it takes a lot of money, time and work to put on an event.

7. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Well said...er typed:)

8. KIRK!

KIRK!

Hey, I work for one of those groups and founded two of them!

9. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

Whiner? wtf I post a pic of a flyer for others to see and your calling me a whiner ?, send me one of your flyers and i will post it to ,its just a show , maybe not everyone wants to go to the GG show at the big E !

10. spiker

spiker

Bet you never heard this before on the HAMB. "Thank you".
    By the way, I look forward to getting my Goodguys Gazette, it's one of the best magazines going.

11. spiderdeville

spiderdeville
    from BOGOTA,NJ

LOL You Set The Market Price

12. Rogue63

Rogue63
    from New York

I loved Rhinebeck,fairgroundswe have been going for years,great food great roads and great place to meet up with old friends.I tried Pocono it sucked,alot of blacktop,No shade.Looks like the GoodGuys lose again.Ruined the show when they moved the dates now they lose changing sites.I am out.I will go to Bike show.

13. KIRK!

KIRK!

No, no. Not calling you a whiner. I had a feeling I needed to specify that.

14. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

I think the BIg E grounds ar eperfect for this event. I was just telling myother half that the Big E would be the perfect set up for one big hot rod show. You have all the buildings to park cars in, all the space topark cars outside, plenty of spectator parking, etc. There's plenty of backroads to cruise up that way too. Theonly way i look at it is that we'llfinally be able to go!

15. Sgt._Grumpy

Sgt._Grumpy

Got tired of reading all the responses, they were getting pretty redundant, but heres my feelings about the move. I attended the Rhinebeck Goodguys show since day one, I did miss a couple of years due to financial reasons. I remember it being called "Rainbeck" since it was sure to rain at least one day every show. I remember having a band playing at night, a beer keg tapped for members in the evening, flame throwing contests and more. The weather (other than the ocassional rain) was beautiful in the fall. On a Saturday, you better get there early to get a parking spot. Venders were plentifull. I remember Gary Meadors being there, meeting him and being impressed.
    Then for some reason it was moved to June. The biggest complaint from most of my buddies is that it was now held on High School graduation weekend for most NY schools. People couldnt attend due to family obligations. The number of cars started dropping drastically. More empty areas than cars. Vendors were getting scarce. The complaint I heard from them was the fee's charged by Goodguys, not NY State. The gates pretty much being locked around 5PM. The admission price for spectators was too high (in my opinion).
    And then there are the continual complaints of parking rules not being enforced, the winners picked are mostly hi-tech, shop built cars, etc. One friend even heard a Goodguys official telling another he found a red 32 roadster for a winner, but was told to find another car since they already had a red 32 picked. Not all my complaints, but ones heard over and over, and even in the Gazette. Personally, I'm tired of seeing the same cars in multiple Gazettes. An when was the last time anyone saw Gary Meadors in Rhinebeck?
    I kinda ran off the subject of the move a little, but Kirk, you asked for feedback. We plan, so far, in attending the new event, I'm willing to give it a chance. But sure will miss going to Rhinebeck, eating in great restaurants, beautiful scenery, and staying at the same Jennys Country Manor.
    Just my humble opinion....

16. kustomcar53

kustomcar53

Wow, I hadn't seen the flyer... not cool...

17. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

im guessin you were never at Rhinebeck?

18. Jimv

Jimv

I don't think they'll use the buildings for the show? maybe i'm wrong but theres something about promoters having "running" cars inside.People will start complaining about fumes, etc.
    Also when you put on a show & you charge a fee of say $35-$75 dollars ya say" well thats not too bad!" But if you go to alot of shows it becomes expensive!Add motels, meals, gas,etc.And it becomes quit expensive for alot of people.Sometimes you have to "pick & chose".Not everyone can afford a $700 dollar weekend 10-14 times a year.
    But i never heard that "hotrodding" was cheap! I was lucky , i had a place to stay near Rhinebeck & theres no one cheaper then me( I don't have any money, thats all!!lol)
    JimV

19. 2 retired older guys in our hot rod club are taking a ride from the Boston area this week out to West Springfield to scope out these new digs and look over the choice of secure and comfortable motels in the vicinity of the Expo Center and over into Connecticut if that looks more promising.
    I'll give some feedback soon.
    A big "Thank You" again to the Hudson Vally Club for moving in on the Rhinbeck location for the end of July.
    This should please all attendees.

20. Fordtudor37

Fordtudor37

Where are they going in Connecticut, I'm in Lisbon and have driven all over the state when I had my business.
    Maybe I could save them some gas money, dont forget to use the DOT website to check for road repairs or closures.
    Ever try using MSN maps and use the "satellite" option ?
    This will let you check out the areas from an aerial and street view with out spending money or time as well.
    Rick

21. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

x2....fully agree

22. superchargednailhead

superchargednailhead

The Expo center is in downtown Hartford. Tell your buddies to get permission to drive around the Big E and look at the fair grounds.

23. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

its tough putting these shows together...i had to move milltown due to venue problems.....
    its tough man... good guys is a whole different thing then what i do tho... that venue must cost a fortune man... i know for the big e ,.. there are actual auditers at each vendor keeping track of everything....
    anyway .. i understand the old venue might have pulled a fast one?...mine did...
    milltowbn is just me n my gal tho... we have over 1000 cars... 3500 - 4000 people roll threw... its tough man.. and if a venue pulls bullshit... you must leave.. lota work to do these shows man. and to have a venue feel like its theres ect... it just kills it...
    ive never been to a gg event tho? but i have gone to the big e for everything ... i only live 5 min from it..loved the other reinbeck shows tho. good ride up. i wish anyone luck moving a gigg. cause its a bitch man. c what happens.....

24. Two of my pals made a dry run out to the new location last Thursday. Liked the spot, said it's huge by large.
    Already, they were told that motels are nearly reserved out.
    Best to jump on a motel or hotel asap, thy're going quickly I was told.

25. dugbred

dugbred

26. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

The links aren't working for me, but I'll trust you on this.
    That might explain why the hotels are booked up already like someone else said.
    Sounds like it'll be a cluster-F, cause it's not that big a place...

What ever is important to you...personally, I'll miss the drive out to Rhinebeck the most!!:(

27. 454ragtop

454ragtop
    from Carver, MA

Well, it's closer for me, but I don't like it. Been to Rhinebeck half a dozen times, great venue. Been to the Big E at least that many for the swap meet in the winter, no comparison, venue wise. Didn't go to the winter swap last Jan., still had a sour taste in my mouth from having the tail gate stolen off my truck the year before inside the Big E grounds while I was inside the swap meet in broad daylight, about 8AM. Depending on what else is going on that weekend, probably drive out for just Sat and check it out. Don't really like the place though, although will admit haven't been there for a car show, so we'll see.
    Jim

28. Dave50

Dave50

29. poprockcrusher

poprockcrusher

I hope the power is back on in Springfield by JUNE LOL ......

30. fedsrule

fedsrule

i know for the big e ,.. there are actual auditers at each vendor keeping track of everything....

The years Right Coast had events there we were vendors and there wasn't anyone looking over us. Think of the logistics (and cost) of that for a second.