Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats your favorite piece of speed equipment you own?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Louie, Sep 12, 2003.

1. It's not about speed Breeder,endurance is what counts...

2. 55chieftain

55chieftain

My Pontiac Hurst engine mount. Alot of my build was around that one piece and all the other changes needed....

3. Besides the "common" 8-71 Supercharged BBC for my gasser project, my pride and joy is the finned alunimun oil pan that is clearanced for a stroker crankshaft and is a 8 quart capacity that I had polished.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Pooch

Pooch
    from Oklahoma

X1 Edelbrock six carbs

Attached Files:

5. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

6. Paul

Paul
    Editor

don't know if it's my favorite piece yet but I just got this old Weiand 4x2 blower top for a 4-71
    here sitting on top of the 303 with some dirty 97s on it

[​IMG]

7. I'm at a tie between my 3.
    1: FE Latham manifold & the Supercharger & pulleys
    2: 6X2 FE Edelbrock with 6 Stromberg WW's on Dashman carb risers.
    3: Mondello Ported FE 427 Lowriser heads with HiRiser 2.19" intake valves

Movin/on

8. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

It was my Edelbrock 6x2 SBC log manifold with 94s and frog mouth scoops; then I changed my mind and bought an Edelbrock X1 6x2 SBC crossram manifold with 97s and velocity stacks :D

9. rusty28a

rusty28a

My H.A.M.B. Alliance Membership is my fav!

10. Mayor of G-Vegas

Mayor of G-Vegas

My fav speed part for my deuce is this .....

[​IMG]

11. It is pretty cool to see such an old thread pop up.

Wow, Paul, I love the old Cragar belt drive!

Not sure which I like more, the Hilborn 4 port, the Delta timing cover , the Weiand blower cover and snout,The old Weiand Typhoon intake, the Ansen water fills, etc... . The whole package floats my boat.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  12. Early 40's sprint car body and full-tilt banger engine with Alexander OHV.

Attached Files:

13. mrpowderkeg

mrpowderkeg

I've got a few rare things, but not impossible to find. CJ 429 block, mexican 302 block (some people think they are special) etc... BUT my prized piece of speed equipment is my Sun 506 distributor machine. It has been worth it's weight in gold, all part of "super tuning" our cars, people can't believe the difference of how their cars run once the curve is set properly for the engine, and the carb is dialed in.

14. titus

titus

Probably my Horne collection are my favorite pieces, just on the look out for a horne y-block intake now so if anyone knows:)

JEFF

Attached Files:

15. 69fury

69fury

Two- Frankland Quickchange with Jones magnesium bells, and Paxton VR4 race blower.

-rick

16. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

My early 60's (i think) turbo charger for a SBC. It came on top of a 327 with camel hump heads that was in a jeep. I didnt know what the motor was ans took off the turbo and sold the jeep later. My friends dad has it and im working on getting it back. then into my model a with periodic turbo fun.

17. rld14

rld14

18. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

This thread is kind of depressing me. I seem to do most of my hot rodding by mixing and matching factory parts. I like my four-speed, but it’s just a GM Muncie. My Corvette valve covers are cool, but again, factory made.

My Offy 3x2 intake has been in my possession for just short of a decade now, but it’s yet to be mounted to anything. I suppose that’s my favorite, as it was the first piece of real speed equipment I purchased for myself.

The Edelbrock Tarantula I bought later on is a favorite, too, as it’s what my dad had on his LT-1.

-Dave

19. Erkenbrand

Erkenbrand
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Rochester NY HAMBers

My early 30s exhaust cut out my grandfather used on his 'Hot Rod' A.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Paul

Paul
    Editor

HOL E TERROR,
    that is very cool, family history and a real neat piece

21. plymouth1951

plymouth1951

hi, i found a cool new old stock "holthouse" 6 volt bakelite "beehive" ignition coil with instructions and beat up box. Its cool because it happen to fit perfect on my 51 plymouth coil mount. It looks awesome and despite my worries, it even seems to work well for my power plant. And it was $60....i just fell in love with it. I will be disappointed when it fails one day but i will store it in my garage. wish i had a pic for you. mike

22. titus

titus

i finally found my favorite piece, ive been looking for an edmunds 2x2 for nailhead for a long time, picked it up at the pile up swap meet.

jeff

Attached Files:

23. dashman

dashman
    from Viroqua WI

It's a tough choice. I like my big block Chevy Ridge Runner Tunnel Ram and a current project of a Ford Flathead Multi-stack injection EFI setup.

The Ridge Runner is cool because it was a flower pot when I bought it, I'm still shaking the dirt out of it.

The EFI is really cool too. It's a project that I'm working on with Bob Wallace. (smart guy) Expect to see some more soon and maybe it will be your next favorite piece.

Dashman's Hot Rod & Speed Parts

www.dashman.net

Attached Files:

24. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Neat piece, remember when asbestos packing was everwhere, now the bureaucrats will be out to get you if they see it...

25. 1. My Knudsen finned aluminum head for my Ford flathead 6.
    2. My Nicson 2 x 1 intake for the same.

26. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

10 427's, and all the goodies to go with them :D
    Should have never gotten rid of my NOS Gurney-Eagle (Weslake) heads that came from Marvin Webster's Indy car program- still have a few parts, including a NOS reverse-rotation roller cam to work with his homemade 2-gear cam drive, still in the original tube with the shipping label to "Webster Racing"- Fricken' lobes go straight up, across, straight back down.. Also what's left of a Carrillo rod stuff up inside a domed piston from one of the Indy car engines

27. Edelbrock x-1 intake for my '55 with 6 94s

28. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

Delta Drive on Hemi
    If anyone have any delta stuff for sale call me 716-868-3702 thanks

Attached Files:

29. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

My Crower stack injection.
    [​IMG]

30. T-Faust

T-Faust

WWII "black out" lights. Don't add much to speed.