Register now to get rid of these ads!

Maryland HAMB ers - Where are you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gary N, Dec 8, 2006.

1. i'm Mike in Gambrills MD. I drive a black primer '52 Chevy pick up

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. Where am I? I'm in Auburn Hills, MI now designing near-future car interiors...originally from Queenstown, MD on my beloved Eastern Shore. Folks still live in Easton. Miss Maryland every day at some point...

Outside of work I have a little Design and Illustration business. If you have a design project or painting in your head that you need put down on paper, contact me via my website link below and we'll chat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  3. Clik

Clik

Sounds like a dream job. Sit around dreaming and getting paid for it. I spent most of my school years doing that and all I got was poor grades.

4. DarthTator

DarthTator

Wow... I still have my 78 Bronco that I used to snowplow that lot with from 88-92.. I grew up in laurel but I am now happily located in Laurel Hollow in Buladeen,Tennessee....lol

I worked in the Safeway in Laurel Lakes back then, and half the mgt staff had old school rods back then. What happened to the cruise in @ Fay's by BWI I think it was?

5. Jalopyrama Mike

Jalopyrama Mike

I'm in Pasadena near Glen Burnie and put on the Jalopyrama coming up on October 22nd. I hear there is going to be a HAMB gathering at the show. Bet there will be many Maryland HAMBers at the gathering. Hope to see and meet everyone at the show. Thanks in advance for supporting the Jalopyrama Hot Rod Show at the Annapolis National Guard Armory.

Jalopyrama Mike :)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

This parking lot is history today. They now meet on the other side of the old Rte 29 in the Burger King lot. I have not been in months but my buddy said it was packed last Sunday.

7. chuckbob

chuckbob

I live in Carroll County in Finksburg, MD.

8. mayerst

mayerst

Silver Spring

9. Clik

Clik

The big cruise-ins in Maryland seem to be Marley Station on Saturday evenings and Burtonsville Sunday mornings. I hit a good sized cruise-in in Hagerstown last year and another at Jimmi Cone's in Mt Airy. There used to be a good showing In Prince Frederick but I get the idea that there was some sort falling out. I don't know if the Prince frederick bunch meets somewhere else now or not.

10. The cruise - Lost In The Fifties - stayed there after Fay sold the place. It became a bagel shop, so we called it "Faygels". After a few years the place was bought by Iranian ragheads and they called it a deli. I think it was a terrorist front. The cruise moved to the shopping center on 648 for one year. Then it moved to The Center At Glen Burnie on Richie Highway for a couple years, but it had grown to almost 500 cars every Saturday night and the Target store had them move because the cars were overflowing into their parking spaces. It has now been at Marley Station Mall for the past 4 years. The Lost In The Fifties club lease 480 parking spaces on the outer parking lot. On some Saturday nights, they overflow that.
    This concludes the history of the Lost In The Fifties cruise night.
    (I bet it's a hell of a lot more than you wanted to know.)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2011
  11. Your updates (and photos) are ALWAYS appreciated, Lyle........Don.:)

12. Church of the Holy Donut cruise gets pretty big on warm, sunny Sundays.

[​IMG]

13. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

Baltimore co. Here. I agree, I cruise in would be cool. A lot of guys meet up in Glen Burnie at Marley Station mall on Saturday nights

14. DarthTator

DarthTator

No, thank you all very much. I like to hear about what's going on up there from time to time. I had a bunch of friends with hot rods but the only ones I still talk to are my buddies from the drag racing scene which to seems to have changed a bit. My rodder buddies were in there 50's back then, now they use the excuse the don't do the internet so catching up with them is rare.

I used to hit up Fays on occasion, but I'll admit I was always more of a racer 1st, hot rodder second. Oddly we have a killer rod scene in TN, but we have to fight tooth and nail with Bristol when it comes to racing.

15. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

FYI. Cruise nights in Md. go way back. For lots of years it was a Wed. night cruise. I can't pinpoint many dates except the one year that The Super Bell Coupe and Pete and Jake's 29 phone booth came to Timonium. It was jaw dropping to see these iconic cars at our local Wed. cruise night. That year it was in the Hechinger's parking lot on University Blvd. 78ish? We met at S. Klien on the Square for a while. A manager came out and offered to rope off an area for us until it started to grow and they had to clean up the mess. Capitol Plaza was probably the largest and longest lasting until the Camaro crowd and their burn outs got us run off there too. These were the days of the strict pre 48 rules. The street rodders would stick together and find a new place and then the idiots would hear about it and it wouldn't take too long...

My buddy and I picked up a bunch of trash at the Holey Donut one Sunday left there on Sat. night just to keep it from being blamed on the hotrods. If you like these cruises help to keep it clean and orderly or you'll find cop cars one Sunday morning and be told to keep on moving.

16. I was in the hospital when this first went down. Sorry I'm from Millersville.

17. I'm in Manchester/Melrose Carroll County.....

18. Trying to get out of a family gathering on Saturday in Severna Park so I can go to Jalopyrama.

On the one hand, peace in the family...on the other hand, hot rods....hmmm...

19. 6704gto

6704gto

john here i grew up in gambrills,but now reside in new market md-frederick county

20. I'm in Anne Arundel County but I was raised in Timonium. I see many of you most Saturdays at Marley now that I have my ride back on the road (bought it in 1985 had it stolen in 1989 and got it back in 1996). Hope to see you all on Saturday at the Jalopyrama!

21. J. Fitzhugh

J. Fitzhugh

Out in Cow County. (Carroll) 1932 Ford and a 1956 Desoto.

22. Clik

Clik

We have a pin map on here somewhere.

For you paranoid types, never fear; it doesn't give exact locations.

23. outofcontrolreb

outofcontrolreb

I'm in Anne Arundel County.

24. Elkridge Here...

25. bobbyd08

bobbyd08
    from md

Anne Arundel co. '51 chev styleline deluxe & '62 Pontiac Catalina 2dr post sedan.

Bobbyd

26. Most will be in Annapolis sat for Jalopyrama.

27. uncle_riggs

uncle_riggs
    from Maryland

Cruisin' all over the D.M.V! Just picked up a '57 Chevy... looking forward to a cold winter of wrenchin'. See ya'll in Burtonsville! :cool:

28. alaskaal

alaskaal
    from Delaware

A mile from MD border. Northern De here!

29. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

30. GEEZZER

GEEZZER

Stevensville