Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bodywork on roof

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hitman912, Oct 9, 2011.

1. hitman912

hitman912
    BANNED

How hard would it be to fix this?

[​IMG]

I can stick my thumb in about an inch or so. It is right by the drip rail as you can see and I have never encountered rust like that on the roof by the curve. I have dealt with rockers and floors, but I'm thinking this would be different. It's on a 60 T-Bird btw.

2. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

hard to know until the paint comes off. Could be real bad under that drip rail

3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

There have been many photos on here of repair work done in this area of any number of different cars. The gutter is sandwiched between the roof skin, a bracing flange,and the lower panel. At least 3, maybe 4 layers, all could be bad, and not just at the site of the bubbles holes either. Most end up cutting strips up to a foot or two in length and rebuilding the bulk of what they think is important.
    It is the only way to correctly repair such rust damage but too much for many to attempt...thus the blast and fill repairs are quite common.

4. hitman912

hitman912
    BANNED

Damn, not good news.

5. Muttley

Muttley

I'm guessing once you strip the paint away its going to be real ugly under there...........hope for the best, prepare for the worst.