Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shop truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LazyS-mac, Oct 7, 2011.

1. Hey folks,
    I am new here. Been lurking a bit and love what I see mostly. I have been building stuff since I was a kid. My mom has a pic of me in 1964 when I was 9 months old, I am sitting in my diaper in a big puddle of oil, with a Caddie head gasket wrapped around my head and making motor sounds, rommm roommm. My dad was doing a valve job on an old Cad and I HAD to be in the garage with him all of the time. Grampa was a body and fender guy and my dad was a car painter by trades. I grew up in an auto shop all of my life. I am a huge motorcycle guy even more than cars. I have been racing MX since 1970 until recently where some serious injuries have sidelined my dirtbiking. I have a side business building and fixing bikes. I am currently building a trick little 2 stroke twin cafe bike. My daily rider is an old man bmw R1100RT sport tourer, but it is a nice ride. i dont even own a car right now....except the truck I just bought

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220847606535&autorefresh=true

I am going for a cool old ranch/shop truck to use in my MC shop business to p/u and deliver customers bikes and things. I still want it to be a cool ride, but it still needs to be really functional.

I am going for a kind of 16 yr old kid gets his first car, but it is an old ranch truck his granpa gave him, so he is trying to trick it out...era setting is early to mid 60s.

The truck was originally a straight 6 flathead with a 3 on the tree. But the original owner put a Stude 232ci v8 out of a '52 commander with the 3 on the tree + OD in back in the 60s. It has sat since the mid 70s in a barn in NorCal. so of course it needs ALOT of work, but it is all there other than the bed and not very rusty at all. So it is a good foundation.

I am going to build a custom flat bed with short side gates with my MC shop logo on the sides. I am leaving the drivetrain as is, if I can salvage the motor, still sorting it out. I am leaving the rear axle, super cool old school split center axle, and the drum brakes with the "big 6" bolt pattern. 6x7.25 leaves me NO options on rims, but I will figure something out.

Throw some ideas, I am always open. I have most of my concept and ideas in my head, but it is always in flux of course so tell me what you think.

Look forward to talkin to everyone.

ps. "Lazy S" is the Study logo and mac is my nickname, Kelly is my real name, Kelly McC....Kmac.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  2. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Welcome to the Hamb!

3. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

sounds cool..welcome aboard from another chopper dude!more bike than brains..LOL

4. cavemag

cavemag

That twin is going to be a bitchin bike to go alongside a bitchin truck.