Register now to get rid of these ads!

What was the car you wish for that burnt its image in your brain ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grazy, Sep 11, 2011.

1. burgetts99

burgetts99
    from Cincinnati

The first few years of my life I was toted around in a 1966 Satellite. It was a pale yellow with a black vinyl top and black interior. I haven't seen it, or one that looks like it in over 35 years. Man, for some reason I still love that car.

2. Stone Woods and Cookie!The Black car! I built the model car by revell I dunno how many times...Even then I said I wanted one like it! that was probably around 1971...I was 11...If ya look at my car in my avatar,I think I have come kinda close...and that Stude has a whole other story....R~R

3. Racewriter

Racewriter

In 1980, I was 12 years old and my folks took me to the annual Darryl Starbird car show at the Municipal Auditorium in Topeka. I'd been before, of course, but this is the one I really remember. There were three cars there that just grabbed me. One was the "El Matador" clone (this was during the period where the real car was hidden away in a Florida garage), one was Brad Kemper's candy red '41 Chevy, chopped, with chrome reverse wheels (Brad is the owner of a Topeka body shop and still one of the best Kandy shooters around, I'm pretty sure he still has this car), and the third was Starbird's "Flash Cadillac" T sedan. I still plan on building my own version of the "Flash Cadillac" one of these days.

4. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

In 1983, I was 2 weeks away from getting my paper route. As luck would have it, there was a '57 Chevy 210 2dr sed for sale for $1900. It was straight, clean and in primer and COMPLETE for $1900.

As parents go, they wouldn't front me the money because I didn't have the job yet. So away it goes....who knows where it is now. I ended up with a '52 Chevy 4dr that I loved to death (what 14 year old wouldn't)....

.....but there's still this 28 year old unriquited love in the back of my mind....

5. CADZILLA! That car stopped me in my tracks at the local World of Wheels back in the day. I still have the t-shirt somewhere from the show too. That car just drug it's knuckles the right way. 500 Caddy motor, the right shade of eggplant purple, keg in the grille, it was just right. It is probably the only car I would actually go into big time debt to own. Besides, every girl is crazy about a Sharp Dressed Man....

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
    dana barlow likes this.
  6. Gamlebilrokker

Gamlebilrokker
    from Denmark

Here it was my uncle, the first car that I can remember was his red VW Bug...

[​IMG]

Until I got my driving license, I was 100% sure that a bug would be my first car, but life is strange, and to this day, I didn't even sat in one. Ever.

Then there was my Dads Granada:

[​IMG]

That was the coolest Car my dad ever owned, tried to buy it back, but unfortunalley, the dude wouldn't sell, and then he scrapped it... So I got my own. Very same model, different engine, different color.

I can remember what got me into Cadillacs, as a kid, I had (and actually still have) a kidsbook about different cars, there were all kind of things, Mini, Bentley and so on, there was always a double page for each car, and inbedtween was this 57 Cadillac Coupe that would be on the dublepage, and you would have to flip to the next to see the front. That was the coolest shit I ever saw...

7. cheveey57

cheveey57

A red '57 belair and a Cheetah which I'm still working on getting.

8. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

funny how most questions on the HAMB get a hem and haw reply but this question EVERYONE knows their answer in an instant.

[​IMG]

Mine would be with out a doubt my friend Carol's 3 window 34 chevy. I was hanging out with a kid from school and his parents were massive gear heads and it just stuck. soon enough I was just hanging out with Larry and Carol even though they were 30ish years older then me!

[​IMG]

started out a complete stocker and hasnt been changed in 25 years since it was put together other than recently they swapped out the old corvair front for some tube job and some new brakes.

I can remember being in the rumble seat blasting down the highway with the beach boys blaring, and taking it to junior prom.

[​IMG]

I was super excited to get to take engagment pix with the car a month of so ago and Clay lent me his fancy camera to take some photos of just the car.

There are alot of details that i maybe would not have done on cars i build, but fuck id burn a library down for this 34 haha.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  10. MERRELL

MERRELL

kirk hammett's 36 3 window built by cole foster!

11. andyapplegate

andyapplegate

mike sullivans fiat RMX701.jpg

12. rocketman394

rocketman394

i would go with a bike sorry guys old indian scout haha but it would have to be a 59 cadi beautiful fins
    DANNO

13. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

I dunno if this was posted I didn't read the whole thread...
    The Crimsom Ghost Cole foster built 37 Ford
    When we saw this car in Sacramento a few years ago
    my girl & I walked around it starring like a hungry dogs at a BBQ.
    It does what its supposed to do! __:p

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2011
  14. OldTC

OldTC

The 1958 Chevrolet Delray that starred in "Peggy Sue Got Married."

The movie sucked but that old bomb looked awesome!

15. toolz1175

toolz1175
    from IL

The first car I lusted over was a '69 Mach 1 that I walked past in the used car lot of my small town Chevy dealer. I walked through the lot on my way to grade school back in '70 or '71. I've owned several '69-'70's since, but none now. The three cars that top my list now are a '40 Ford coupe (bought one a few monthe ago) and two others that I will never own- a 69-70 Boss 429, and a '69 Charger 500.

16. Tank

Tank

When I was a little guy my dad had a dead stock '31 "A" pickup. Had all the real deal patina. Rock Moss green, paint flaking off in spots, 3 yellow wheels and one black one. He drove it every day as his daily driver, rain, snow, everything. I can still remember riding in it, the black vinyl seat, the squeeks it made, the smells and sounds. That truck burned an image in my head that just won't go away. He sold it in 1989 when I was 5 years old. I saw it last summer for the first time in years. Its not the same...... Its all restored now, bright red paint, and gloss black fenders and wheels. Dad always had several restored "A"s around at all times, but I miss the hell out of that truck.

17. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

HA! Yes. Saw the Alan Green car at Westwood! Was probably 5 or 6. Still remember that! Didnt see it in person, but the photo of the Dragmaster Dart on the cover of Car Life with the chute open really did a number on me too. And the Ratican & Sterns Fiat...

18. In 1974 my car club from Amarillo, drove to a rod run in Ardmore,OK. Our cars were nice, but I saw a pale yellow T touring with black fenders and an injected SBF. It was the closest thing to a perfectly built car that I had ever seen. I think it was from the Dallas area. I never saw it again, and I have that picture burned in my mind for all time. I've never owned a tub, but I still have it on my list.

19. SmoKerch

SmoKerch

Lucky Burton's Old Crow Speed Shop Truck

20. 53 hemi

53 hemi

This was it - I loved the hot rods ; Milner's coupe, etc. But when I realized that somebody, somewhere decided that this was the best way to promote Dodge' s new intake - my first realization that the world was a crazy place.

Attached Files:

21. Koz

Koz

The list is endless but the one that stuck is Jimrob's, (Jim Inglese), "Full House". Just the ultimate duece roadster, right colors, set right,6x2's on a small block, the nuts! I keep hoarding parts and details, along with a ton of advice from Jim, to build a clone of sorts.

When I was a kid my dad took me to an indoor show where Roth's Orbitron was on the floor. Until you saw it up close you couldn't begin to appreciate this beast. Also, the Barris "Surf Woodie" was outrageous. Paxtons and dual cheater slicks. How cool.

22. mrforddude

mrforddude

I find it hard to believe that no one has made mention of the badest brightest red 33 Ford to ever be built...ZZ Tops 3 window was the absolute coolest car I had ever seen when the Eliminator album came out...I still listen to ZZ Top and picture myself cruising off into the sunset with those big haired babes...:D

Then there is this sickness I have for the 65-66 F100s; been lusting after one since 1987 and finally I have one at home waiting for me to get back there and work on it...:(

23. For me it was the Blue Max Funny Car. When I was in kindergarten, they were doing a book sale to earn money. There was a book about dragsters that had the Blue Max on the cover, that was it, I was hooked. I have looked for that book for years and can't find even an image of it. I got mom to buy me that book and a second one with what I know as a Manx buggy on the cover.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  24. nimrodracing50

nimrodracing50

Aloha,
    Back in 1967, when I was in high school, there was 62 Chevy 409 at our local gas station. It had steel wheels with slicks, was a 4 speed and was medium blue. It was lettered with "Agitation", on the doors. Every time that I saw it I thought, "that should be my car". Life can be cruel. Big Al

25. Fordtudor37

Fordtudor37

I know it's NOT a hot rod or street rod but, a 1931 Duesenberg dual cowl pheaton or a Duesenberg 500 SSK.

They have long beautiful swooping lines which draw you to look and follow the lines.

26. wrayeugene49

wrayeugene49
    from eugene,or

mine would have to be a '52 studebaker bonneville coupe........chopped to the max with a blower hangin' out of the hood....and moon discs.....goin' 200 mph....

27. Ricky B

Ricky B

Hollingsworth's '57 Chevrolet Nomad !!! Need I say more ?

28. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

READ THIS!
    I was in high School (10th Grade... 1966) and a 12th grade dude (Jimmy B.) had a nice 58' Impala. He also had a 62' Chevy II, straight axle, smallblock, 4 speed with a 55' rear end..... (Plus a HOT girlfriend)! Yes, he built both cars....
    Fast forward 50 years...He still has them (And his dads Matador) just sitting in front of his house rotting away (Northeast area) and won't sell them! I heard that he was a Mental genius and cracked up! He's been living alone & riding a Bicycle for over 40 years!