Register now to get rid of these ads!

pa title help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chop cut drive, Oct 4, 2011.

1. chop cut drive

chop cut drive
    from central pa

hey guys an gals looking for someone from pa who has had to go thru the system to get a title for a car in PA. I have a 31 ford pickup frame an cab. i had a police man verify the vin but i got the run around at pen-dot after they told me thats what would get me the title. the old owner is dead an the title was never found, so the only prof i have the truck is mine is that it sits in my garage...ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Does PA have a bonded title option for registration and licensing?

3. fleetside66

fleetside66

What are you intending to do with your cab & frame? If you're going to make a hot rod out of it, why not go the PA "street rod" title & registration route? That way, the state will issue you a legal title & you won't have to worry about any dead guys. That's what I & others have done here when all we had was a bunch of parts & receipts. Do you have a bill of sale for your cab? There are threads here on this, so you might try the search feature.

4. chop cut drive

chop cut drive
    from central pa

no bill of sale got the truck from a buddy for free.will look into street rod title thanks

5. Surely the buddy can sign a note that says you paid him $100 for it.

6. xlr8er

xlr8er

PM sent....

7. SholleysTrimShop

SholleysTrimShop

Pa is the worst state for this, I found it easier to go through broadway title or a place like that, no hassles at all that way.

8. hr31hr

hr31hr
    from PA

+1 just keep all of your receipts. If you are going to run without fenders you will need this title anyway.

9. Blast From The Past

Blast From The Past
    from Pottstown

Give us a call and ask for Dave we are one of the only Enhanced Inspection stations in the area. We helped Pa get thier rules correct.

Blast From The Past Street Rods
    610-327-4366

10. fleetside66

fleetside66

Even though these guys weren't involved in my "street rod" process, they have a very good reputation in PA & are very knowledgable. I'd suggest contacting them & not "buying" a title. You'll sleep a lot better. Welcome to the HAMB, Blast from the Past!

11. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

As blast from the past has stated, The Pa street rod title system is really not that bad.

Ago