Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone know who's work this is?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hawkerdriver, Sep 30, 2011.

1. hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Here's an old dash with very unique pin striping. Anyone know the artist? I have never seen the foot prints before (on glove box). Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

Where did you find it? Those little tiny footprints remind me of something Von Dutch would have done but the lines aren't the cleanest ever...

3. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Do you know where the car's from, or where it is now ? The geography of it would lock it in better.

Jonnie King www.legends.thewwbc.net

4. hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Its just the dash. Bought it at a swap meet a few years ago in Northern California. No idea where it came from.

5. If you add Pinstriping to your title, you might get more responses. Just a thought

6. 00 MACK

00 MACK

Vic Kessler has foot prints and he was from Queens, N.Y. but there's no way thats his work.

51 BIRD likes this.
  7. Rod and Wheeler

Rod and Wheeler
    from NOR CAL

Looks like a pin striper named Jocko from the 70s in Nor Cal. Striped my 34 Ford 2DR. came back next day after set up and made him wash it off . His claim to fame was what he called the French curve .

8. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

^ why'd ya have it washed off the next day? ^

9. There was a guy in so cal in the 70's that did that kind of stuff. I remember my buddy had his 71 Charger striped and this guy had all kinds of stuff like that, guy jumping off the door striker, diving off the top of the door edge and all kinds of feet prints also, just don't remember his name.

10. hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Just taking a guess it looks to be from the 60's. Its pretty worn and faded.

11. Rod and Wheeler

Rod and Wheeler
    from NOR CAL

Waaaaaaaaay to busy.

12. hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

After a little more research- looks like it came from a 51 Merc that was parted out and was back east. New hope this helps.

13. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

those feet were very popular in the sixties. eelco put them out although these look painted eelco sold them as decals. i had them on my 55 chevy convertible with the words indian giver above them

14. duke182

duke182

i rmember the hang ten feet from when i was a kid in the seventies.
    my dad had them on a helmet.
    and ive seenthem in numerous pictures

i have no idea who the artist in this case is, though.

15. hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

I had a few of those shirts too. Not sure if they pin striped merc dashes though!

16. strapertcb

strapertcb

17. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

True. But Vic striped everything in either black or white. Mostly black.

18. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I remember kesslers feet were side by side also...

19. strapertcb

strapertcb

I know.The man who did that was Jocko the pinstriper.I thought i saw him in town yesterday.He's got to be 70 now.I met him 35 years ago,he was friends with Ike Eisenhower,who always had HOT RODS.Anyway Jocko loved to pinstripe.Him and Ike went to every car show Sacramento had.Jocko lived in a small town called El Dorado Ca. Close to Hangtown Ca.He knew what he was doing and knew every car painter/pinstriper.He partyed alot in his younger years and it kinda stayed with him.If you did'ent watch him,he would over do it big time.Every thing at his home was pinstriped,lawn mower,cups,doors,

20. strapertcb

strapertcb

Every thing was "bitchen" to him.I just typed jocko the pinstriper and moments later i see his work.Way cool.Thanks for the blast from the past.

21. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Dean Jeffries was the first striper I saw (with my own eyes) that did footprints, (also 'happy feet': 10 toes up, ten toes down)
    I watched Jeffries stripe the Ollie Olsen '24 T roadster at the San Jose Autorama in 1955, (the original "Black Widow", later sold to Ray Anderegg in '56) There were spider webs and footprints, leading into the key lock on the turtledeck lid.
    I vaguely recall some photos of Dutch's work (early on, '54, '55) and footprints, so he may have done footprints first.

Jeffries' technique was to make an oblong circle for the ball of the foot, then a smaller circle below; (these were 'directional', as were the toes, to distinguish left from right, obviously...)
    Hyper-interested in pin striping then, I watched fervently as Dean went thru the footprint process, surprisingly patient with me looking over his shoulder. Nice gent, very professional.