Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Drag cars in motion.......picture thread.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Royalshifter, Dec 12, 2007.

1. 1934coupe

1934coupe

I don't know if this is the same car BUT!
    Re: Antone Addeso's 36 Dodge BB/A

[​IMG]by dinotheweirdo on December 31st, 2008, 11:13 am
    Just a great shot of this Dover Favorite from Doug Bowman
    <DL class=attachbox><DT>Attachments</DT><DD><DL class=file><DT class=attach-image>[​IMG]</DT><DD>Antone-Bowman.jpg (52.82 KiB) Viewed 1925 times</DD></DL></DD></DL>Dino in ROCK 'n' ham
    <!-- m -->

2. Mullins

Mullins

A few pictures of my funny car racing in the movie Hot Rod back in 1979. Also a picture of it later racing as a altered. I wish I could fit in it I'd have to run it. hope you like the pictures.

Attached Files:

3. chase knight

chase knight

The injected (no intake stacks) BBC dragster in posts 29166 and 29174 is current Top Alcohol Dragster competitor Mike Kosky. Regards, Chase

4. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Man O' Man the 62 vette "wife trouble" & the 33 willys "bad decision" are just killer !! Thanks for sharing !!!

5. merek chertkow

merek chertkow
    from So. utah

I just saw the picture #28128 your right that is dan whitz, i knew him well. i can tell from the way he is standing. funny what you remember. the front mount blower to the left of ivo is bill adair, browns muffler pomona. great old racer. thanks merek

Debbie Nani Taylor likes this.
  6. Merek, you wouldn't happen to have any pictures of the beautiful comp roadster you drove for Ed Taylor would you? Still one of the nicest comp roadsters ever built!

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

8. merek chertkow

merek chertkow
    from So. utah

Nice to hear from you guys. I have a few pictures of Ed's roadster. I will try to get them put up shortly. It might be a week or two-I have to figure out how to do it - meaning my wife will have to do it. I have a few pics of some other old dragsters from '65-'66 that I will try to put up. That's Bill Adair standing next to the white truck, and me in the white shirt in the group of 3 guys.

9. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

WoW living legends right here on the hamb,
    First I've heard of you merek, but there are a lot of guys that raced back in the day that I never heard of,, nonetheless, this is an amazing site,

I just googled your name Merek.. this is one of the sites i found:
    http://www.draglist.com/artman2/publish/daily_stories/70_s_Funny_Cars_Round_53.shtml
    Merek Chertkow was a Michigan native when he got a ride in Ed Taylor's dragster. The problem was that the car was in California. In 1966, Chertkow got his most famous assignment, shoeing the Ramchargers dragster during the 1966 season after Don Westerdale went to work for Ford. After a year with the Ramchargers, Merek moved to California and started building various kinds of racing engines. In 1974, he made his return to nitro racing with this Ford Pinto powered by a SOHC Ford motor. Chertkow's partner Rick Watson built the chassis in his shop. The team did not race for long and the car soon disappeared from the So-Cal scene. (Photo courtesy of Rich Hernandez; information from Draglist files)
    how cool is that,
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  10. WCD

WCD

Been trying via PM to get him to come forth and speak of the dark art of running an Olds on fuel, IE, the ET Roadster.

11. Probably the wrong man to ask. Ed Taylor was the owner, builder, and wrench. Merek was the driver. If you really want to know how to make a blown Olds run on nitro, Don Ratican would be your man.

12. merek chertkow

merek chertkow
    from So. utah

I am not a legend of any type, just a guy that was born at the right time and very lucky to drive several top fuel dragsters in the best years of drag racing 64/65/66. Dean, Ed Taylor was a very good friend of mine and a good builder & wrench. I did not know anybody had asked me about the art of running an Olds on fuel. I always have been uncomfortable saying much about myself, so as to the building and tuning of the roadster, I will say this. If you ran an overkill of nitro or lead, the block would crack & sometimes split at the top of the cam casting. Also, you had to weld the center exhaust ports as the head castings did not separate all the way. And you are right. Don Ratican was the best Olds man at that time. thanks. and always good to hear from you guys.

13. Merek, you were a legend that Sunday afternoon at Pomona when you and Ed's Olds powered roadster won TE over some pretty strong Chryslers! ;)

Debbie Nani Taylor likes this.
  14. Ivory Hunter

Ivory Hunter
    from Texas

"Back In the High Life Again"

Attached Files:

15. You managed to come up with a shot of Gene's coupe I've never seen. Thanks for posting!

16. mooneye777

mooneye777
    BANNED
    from Indiana

NNOAFV FVLIs SVJLNsd

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  17. mooneye777

mooneye777
    BANNED
    from Indiana

ooiaojkvaaJ nwn vJK

18. mooneye777

mooneye777
    BANNED
    from Indiana

sJKA A GAKSOLAV

19. WCD

WCD

The rainbow hued AA/FA of Leroy Chaderton in the upper right served as the first reall attempt to modernize fuel altered chassis design. It put this car in a league by itself performance wise. Of course along with predictable handling so too did there come somewhat of a loss of character for the cars as their wild antics were tamed a bit. The Boudakian Bros. bought the car and ran it with a blown gas BBC for the next few years afterward and were quite competetive.

20. rick finch

rick finch

"Terrible" Ted Gotelli, Fremont 1963....

[​IMG]

21. rick finch

rick finch

Hayden Proffitt @ Lions, 1964......

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2011
  22. 69Chevelle454

69Chevelle454
    from Texas

That is one sweet ass Dodge pickup.

23. WCD

WCD

No finer example of what constitutes what many consider to be the "golden era" of drag racing.

24. doc's

doc's

Sweet, how far is that rear axle moved forward?

25. ELMER FUDD

ELMER FUDD

[​IMG]

Tires wrinkled, 12 spoke spindle mounts in the air...that, my friends, is an awesome picture.

26. WCD

WCD

Whata change it must have been form having to drive and set up the car from once being powered by a gas burning SBC to a full blown hemi.

27. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Looks like the bed was added onto.

28. [​IMG]

especially considering the fact that its got a chevy cameo pulling it

29. TwinTownTerror

TwinTownTerror
    from Minnesota

[​IMG]

Blurry shot of Jeg Sr. in the lights at Indy '70

30. WCD

WCD

What a great model kit that would have made. El Camino and "rail job" with trailer