Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage PF goes to Jefferson, Wisconsin swap meet -- 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by povertyflats, Sep 25, 2011.

1. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

and then out of nowhere this guy walks by and I gave him my coveted "best hat" award. He seemed pleased and posed for these photos. He claims he has had the hat for 30 years.....

Attached Files:

2. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

Your the best thanks

3. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

at this point we realized we needed more ice cream so 5 of us walked to the nearest Kent's booth to remedy that problem. Lawrence bought for us all and it was our way of celebrating Dick's retirement----and this pretty gal sold them to us---
    The contrasting flavors of salty crushed sunflower seeds and sweet ice cream really make these things stand out among the competition. Mine was toffee flavored but most of the guys got vanilla. YUM is the word---:)

Attached Files:

4. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Then I saw a couple old gasser projects on a trailer that reminded me of my Nebraska pals GrouchySS and Gasserlouie----:cool:

Attached Files:

5. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Lawrence and I walked to the truck and trailer to begin loading up all the heavy transmission, engine, tires, wheels. signs, and so forth that we bought because RAIN was coming-----I saw this yellow Chevy parked by us---

Attached Files:

6. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

It took awhile to load up and it was raining lightly but no big deal. We got on the road by 2pm on Saturday and began the 12 hour return journey after bidding farewell to our host Bob. The drive home thru Southwest Wisconsin was very scenic. Trees that were starting to turn fall colors, ripe fields of corn and soybeans, green grass, huge willow trees whose branches hung to the ground, big red barns, white fences, pumpkins for sale by the road, apples, flowers.....you get the idea. After crossing the Mississippi river at Dubuque, Iowa we had pretty much the same scenery for quite a few miles before the rolling landscape turned to a flatter corn production area and by then it was getting dark----the miles rolled on and on and we arrived in Central KS at 2 am----

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  7. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

It was a good weekend. I enjoyed it fully. I hope you had a good one as well.
    Thanks for reading my story and taking the time to view the photos. Let's do it again sometime.....:)

8. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks once again once again for taking us along on another great road trip.

10. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Very cool!

Dad is almost as good at sleeping at an event as Herb is :)

11. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

This is what I bought plus the Chrysler engine.

Attached Files:

12. BCR

BCR

Cool pics. Thanks for posting Paul

13. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Wow, thanks a lot for the pictures and narration !!
    I had planned on attending, but forgot that we had a camping trip planned, so your above tour kinda makes it like I almost was there myself !!
    Cheers,

14. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Wish I had taken pictures 20 years ago when I first started attending.It was much smaller but the content was much better also.

15. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Very few people are willing to lug a heavy camera around while pulling a wagon and trying to buy stuff. It is a real pain in the rear----:eek:

16. skyspop

skyspop

It was a decent weekend from a sellers standpoint,I was there with surface doctor,didnt buy too much,really thought hard about that 331 cadillac with the stick set up,but couldnt find him later.did anyone buy it?It was only 500. but the guy didnt know much about it,and it didnt turn over easily.Good to see some hambers..wingnut,stickshift and a few others.

17. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I am glad you guys made the trip.

weather forecast certainly wasn't accurate. Rained a bit yesterday after you left and most of the morning, early PM today. The weather improved this afternoon, but by then the party was over.

btw, it is "Lil Dough"

18. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

K, I will edit my comment and get the name right. that car even had a chrome dash----:)

19. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Another fantastic field trip/swap meet documentary. Thanks!!!

20. Good to finally meet you P.F. We had a blast at the swap meet' sold a lot of old magazines and parts. Will for sure go back again.

21. Im sure the lovely lady sitting on the trailer had nothing to do with you taking this picture!!! Good job PF!

22. Oh, I forgot to mention the fact that SHE IS WEARING A NEBRASKA sweatshirt.....Hands off Bobwop!;)

23. I was looking for the P.I.E. booth and they told me that you were on the prowl!

24. And I did get ol poverty's picture ...Dont you think he looks great in his new hat..I heard its the latest style in Kansas.... giggle-giggle

Attached Files:

25. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

thanks for the play by play. Next best thing to being there.

26. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Ok---I'm sorry but you ASKED for this Kelly----:eek:

In this photo you can see me sitting on Jeanne's lap---dang that was fun!!!
    She's a real sweetie---;)

Attached Files:

27. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

You got me there old buddy---
    She tried to get up so I could take the photo and I insisted that she stay there so as to improve the looks of the car---:D

I won't hold the ugly Nebraska shirt against her----

28. Wow looked like another great trip PF!
    I hope to be able to do more stuff like that when I grow up! =)

29. Wow looked like another great trip PF!
    I hope to be able to do more stuff like that when I grow up! =)