Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for a complete exterior fastener set for my y block ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56 ford custom, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Who sells a complete regular fastener set for the y block? I dont want the stainless steel.

2. Still looking and no luck yet.

3. Anyone? Somebody has got to sell a kit!!

4. Big A, that is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks a bunch!!

5. derbydad276

derbydad276

6. Unfortunately I dont know the sizes. I need to get this truck together, running and out of the garage.

7. Well I called mac's and theirs is stainless steel I have heard that its not good to use stainless on motors?

8. Well I know that alot of the bolts are the same size just different lengths. This motor is from a truck going into a truck so the bolts are different to a car. I need a complete faster set that is not stainless. From what I hear stainless is crap for motors. Or if someone knows all the lengths and what grade to get?

9. You can use stainless, but anytime you use it, you should use a light coat of anit-seize compound so that the fasteners don't gall and seize.

We used to use stainless bolts on a turbine exhaust duct that bolted to a machined steel flange and ALWAYS used anti-seize.

10. I just dont understand why nobody sells regular bolt sets...

11. If I had to guess, I would say that there isn't a market for it. The stainless kits are an appearance upgrade.

12. pcterm2

pcterm2

i maybe wrong but have you tried arp?

13. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Do you REALLY need ALL the fasteners? What happened to the old ones? There shouldn't be any difference between truck and passenger car. As far as stainless is concerned where did you hear that "stainless is crap for motors" and did your source say why? For all the exterior applications, stainless should be fine. As somebody else said: use a little antisieze on each one. The only exterior fasteners I can think of that might be stressed would be water pump-and that's only if you go nuts with a breaker bar. There's a guy in Detroit : Roy Nacewicz (sp?) who specializes in authentic Fordfasteners. I think it's Fordbolts.com. If you strike out go to the Ford Barn.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  14. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

I just checked Roy's site. Sorry but he deals only with Flathead stuff.

15. Yes I already contacted him and only flatty parts. I have most of the old ones but there are different lengths and im not sure where each one goes. Yes truck timing cover bolts are longer and some of the other fasteners are aswell.

16. Anybody here know the lengths or grades on these bolts?