Register now to get rid of these ads!

New KING CHASSIS dragster build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ChassisResearchKid, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Hand Made

Hand Made

Hi All,
    Thanks for all the kind words, yes, this is a super human effort, but Todd is worth it. Actually, I do hope to provide this fine product to others. And so, I have some pictures to post for Todd. Half of the molds are now done and I have the pictures here for all to see. As I post these, I have just laid up the first body panel today. Tomorrow I will lay up another. By next week I should have pictures of 4 of the 6 body parts to show everyone. The finish of the molds came out real good. I wet sanded with 1000 grit and buffed the molds to a class A finish. The parts should look like glass. I'm even getting excited and its not even my dragster!!!!....................Hot Rod Harry

Attached Files:

2. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Yeah!! Harry!! That stuff looks great. True craftsmanship!!! This is gonna be one cool digger!! thanks for helpin' out!!

3. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Thanks for the update Harry. This is going to be one slippery hot rod. I really appreciate all your hard work. Todd

4. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

It's not much of an update from me,but I do have a couple things to share. First off my good friend Dale Hartong donated his old Mag that he used in many of his fuel cars. My jaw hit the ground when he unleashed this to me for the new project. Thanks Dale. Also came up with a magnesium blower, pay no attention to the "hat and intake" Dale also gave me the Enderle magnesium hat. It's a wall hanger. The intake is borrowed from a buddy, It's not big enough for a 8-71, so I'll be buying a BDS compitition intake. Also think i picked the color for the new car, the same as my old Triumph: Burgundy. The break handle grips are just mocked-up on the handle, still need to rechrome it and fit it to car but you'll get the idea. gotta go back to work, more later. Todd

Attached Files:

5. Conder

Conder

Beautiful!!!!!!

6. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

The brake handle is bad ass Todd!!

7. That thing looks slicker, than a $2.00 lubracated condom....

8. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

That's kind of alot of money.......don't ya think?

9. Blind Elwood

Blind Elwood

You gotta pay if you wanna play.:)

10. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Thanks Brian. It took alot of time to get the leopard print in the finger grooves just right.

11. that's a Schiefer Mag !! 2nd one I've seen lately >>>>.

12. billys54

billys54

13. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Harry will be posting the latest update tonite. Stay tuned........

14. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Very nice build:) Details are looking very good.

Brian; Your chassis is on my wish-list!

Taildragger&fenderless

15. Hand Made

Hand Made

Well.......(drum roll please)...here are the first 3 new parts fresh out of the mold. The parts are simply sitting on wooden blocks on the floor. The fit is really good, nothing is fastened together....its just sitting there. The finish of the parts came out really nice. I am going to modify the rear chute pack and custom make the body to come up over the roll cage for a personal touch for Todd. (A one-off body) I will be making the engine belly pan in a couple of days and that will bring me to 4 of the 6 parts. The nose will be started next week...............Hot Rod Harry

Attached Files:

16. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

bad ass guys, very nice!

17. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Yes, that is GREAT Harry.

18. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

19. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Gosh dammmmnit love the chute packs....my Dragster is naked.

20. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Harry can fix that for you. Get in touch with with Harry or Brian they can hook you right up.

21. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Harry and I have talked and I'm planning on picking the chassis and body panels up next Friday. Can't fricken wait to get it home and get started. I want everyone to know that both Brian Fox and Harry Phillips have both been more than a dream to work with. By the way for the people that may not know these guys and want to do something like this I highly recommend getting ahold of these guys. Chassis is by King Chassis and the body is by Hand Made here on the HAMB. I can't say enough about these guys.Todd.

22. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

I have seen spy photos of the "over the head" portion of the chute tail. And Mother F*%#^ng AWSOME!!!!! I guess Todd and Harry are waitin on the grand fanale. Todd is gettin the car on Friday. Yeah!!!

STAY POSTED!!!

23. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

Teaser shot. More later.

Attached Files:

24. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

What's the shoulder width of this car?
    Will future bodies be made to order, or will the chassis have to be made to fit the width, motor out and wheelbase of the body?

Cage and back half of this car reminds me of some Casarez cars I've seen in the past, and I'd really like to have one like this 204" or 216".

25. Hand Made

Hand Made

Hot Rod Harry here, tomorrow Todd is coming, but for the rest of you, here is what he will be looking at....!!! In response to shoulder width, Todd's chassis at shoulders is 23 1/2 inches on outside of tubes. The body is slightly wider at that point. The roll cage "hood" is one-off for Todd and will not at this time be duplicated. It was made using foam over cardboard for a rough shape, glassed and bodyworked. The foam and cardboard was removed and the piece was glassed to body. Todd will picking up the chassis and 4 main body pieces and I will finish up the front nose and bring them to him later........Thanks........Hot Rod Harry

Attached Files:

26. Tom S. in Tn.

Tom S. in Tn.

Will future bodies be made to fit a 23 1/2" width cockpit only or will they be made to fit different width, length cockpit and wheelbase chassis?
    Tom S.

27. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Man guys!!!! Yes!! Looks perfect Harry!

28. That is a great looking body on that car, wow weeee

29. Conder

Conder

30. REPAIR DAN

REPAIR DAN

This has got to be the bitchest dragster that I have seen built latley. I am guessing that it is a "legal" car. That body is super duper. I will get a digger someday. Watchme.