Register now to get rid of these ads!

We are losing a good friend....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Sep 23, 2011.

1. I am here to deliver some bad news, one of our good friends Ricky (Turdchazer) is near the end of his battle with cancer. He is an avid gear head and loves nearly all things mechanical. He is also a loving father. Rick is truly one of the nicest guys I have ever met and would do (has done) anything for anyone. He is always smiling and always makes people laugh. He will be missed everyday. God speed buddy!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2011
  2. raidmagic

raidmagic

God Bless you Rick.

3. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Thats tuff to take..he looks like a young guy too
    I hope there is no suffering, and that he has a lot of love, to cary on thru with him to the other side.

God Bless

4. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Godspeed to you. May you find peace and comfort.

5. TMoney

TMoney

It is truly a sad day. Ricky is one of the most amazing people I have ever had the blessing to call my friend. He and his family are some of the most giving and selfless people you will ever meet. He always had something good to say or a funny joke to crack. You never left a conversation with him feeling anything but how good life is, no matter how you felt going into the conversation.

You will be missed friend. I will never forget you. I love you.

6. forsakenfew

forsakenfew
    from seattle

I only got the chance to meet Ricky once, at Bob's party. We talked like we had known each other for years. He was so upbeat and just so happy. He was definitely one of the good ones. RIP Ricky.

7. mj40's

mj40's

Always tuff to loose a good friend. I lost my brother to cancer two years ago and I still miss my best friend in him.

8. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

May he pass peacefully and painlessly. Godspeed. May he rest in peace and may you, his friends, find comfort and joy in the memories you made with him.

9. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

Always the good guys die young. Lost some real close friends who are unreplaceable. Rick may you continue making folks happy up in Heaven. Peace.

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Just awful news for all of us. Those are the best types of people and it seems like they are taken way too soon. He's leaving a great legacy and that's just about all you can ask for. Let us know if his family needs anything.

Prayers for his friends and family. God bless him.

11. God Bless Him as he passes from this life.

12. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Sorry to hear. Prayers from Indiana for Ricky, friends and family.

13. jipp

jipp

sad news indeed. may his passing be painless and peaceful. gear heads never die, they just keep on cruising with out stopping to get gas. and give you a wink or a honk or a nudge from time to time when you not expecting, and all you can do is smile..
    chris.

14. monkeywrenching

monkeywrenching
    from maryland

Very sad to hear. Sounds like a real good guy and they are far and few between. My hope is that his family and kid's memories never fade of him. So they can grow up and follow in their Dad's footsteps and pass it on. All we can hope for in life is a good legacy and the lives we touch for the better. His family will be in my prayers.
    Dan

15. Very sad to hear this - our condolences and prayers to his family and friends ...

16. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

So sorry to hear you are losing such a good friend Chris. Cherish the good times you had with him and always keep him in your memories and thoughts. That's how we can honor the lives of those we have lost. Condolences to his friends and his loved ones.

17. Sinister

Sinister
    from Oregon

Rick is the guy anyone would want for a friend, and I'm proud to be able to call him my friend. My thoughts are with his wife, daughter, and family during the very difficult time.

Chris- Thanks for posting this.

Chip

18. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

May God Bless your soul Rick, as well as provide comfort to all your family and friends, including you Chris.
    Bob

19. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Chris , I am very sorry to hear about your friend loosing the battle . Ricky will be in a much better place with no pain or sickness anymore . Ricky will always watch down upon us as we go through our lives until you meet with him again one day . I lost my brother in law to the same thing last summer . Nothing helps with loosing a good friend .
    I send my condolences and prayers to his wife , family and friends through these hard times .
    God Bless !

Retro Jim

20. My prayers go out to him and his family an friends, God bless.

21. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Very sad to hear, but nice to know he has good friends. I hope he passes as peacefully as possible and ends up in hot rod heaven.

22. baby loves chrome

baby loves chrome

Prayers sent to all the family and friends,
    RIP til we meet again.

23. Thank you everyone. I was told Rick is not in pain, so that is awesome. I put a link to this on Facebook so his friends and family who are not Hambers can read it. keep him in your thoughts, a great husband, father and friend.

24. May you be surrounded by love as you cross the finish line.

Fuck Cancer.

25. giant nerd

giant nerd
    from spokane

"I got $500 on me, so try to keep the bail less than that! And I'll take you to breakfast when I pick you up from county in the morning, but only if you've still got the guy's bloody t-shirt in your teeth!"

Gonna miss ya, Ricky. Always cracking folks up even during the darkest times. You got a gift, brother, and were never shy about sharing it.

26. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Keeping Rick, his family and friends in my prayers....Godspeed

27. slammed

slammed

Never met the guy, but I had to lay down and cry. Somebody lay a cool cloth on his forehead. His eyes show a really big heart.

28. Muttley

Muttley

Couldnt have said it any better.

29. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not what I wanted to open up the Hamb to read today. TC you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

30. haroldd1963

haroldd1963
    from Peru, IL

God Speed Rick. To all his family and friends, find comfort in knowing that Rick had a great bunch of people who care for him and are praying for him.