Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone recomend a reliable vehicle shipper / transporter ? FL to CA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4t6ford, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Hey All ,
    looking for a decent transporter to cart a vehicle from Florida to California . Vehicle is a real nice mid '50s sedan , complete and mobile so should be no drama to load/unload etc .

Keen to hear of recomendations , your experiences ( good or bad ) ...

thanks in advance

2. 4t6ford

Reliable Has Husband and wife teams. They will pick it on time and deliver on time.
    You will know where it is, and one of the most Professional auto shippers in the USA
    They are used buy all OEM Auto companies here in Detroit. Very clean, and courteous.
    I have worked in the Auto Industry. for over 40 years.
    I thnk you will be very satisfied with their work ethic's

As you can see, in the attached Pictures Their trucks are their home's away from home

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  3. Steve Curl handled all my shipping from Florida to LA.
    Give him a call at Kiwi Shipping.

4. I have personally used "Intercity". Stay away from any brokers, the horror stories are the norm. www.intercitylines.com

5. I've used several and found the best to be Intercity. Used them just last month again and will continue to do so.
    I used "Reliable" before and they were not. When I didn't receive my car by the time frame quoted they said it was delivered and I had it already. :eek:
    Several in my club only use Intercity as well and its the first name mentioned when people ask who to use.

http://www.intercitylines.com/

6. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Check the HAMB - o- Dex......................Several HAMB'rs are car haulers, and Ben D comes to mind.....

7. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Get the car insured before transporting. I sold my car to someone out-of-state and he had the car shipped. The transporters damaged the car and are refusing to pay. Take lots of close up pictures, before and after just in case.

8. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

9. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

I would think that a reliable car transporter would have insurance to cover any damage they caused, this would include, Realiable,Intercity, Horseless Carriage, Passport Transport and a few others, I do know one crooked pos that does what Gasser says and that would be showtime pro formance in Alabama someplace owned by glenn crook, that is his name. I'm having a 27 Caddy touring car delivered here today from Auburn Indiana, picked up and delivered by Cars Enclosed Inc, he was recommened to me by a good friend in the business, so we'll see when he gets here late today.

10. Can't believe it took 6 posts before someone said BenD. The Official HAMB Shipper and all around nice guy.

I've also used racinman, Showtime Transport (not to be confused with Showtime Pro formance mentioned above, I don't know them) and would use him again.

11. deuce354

deuce354

I Sold A Car Last Year, The Buyer Had FedEx Pick It Up, Aparently They Bought A Shipping Co. He Uses Them All The Time

12. Hey thanks for the responses so far everyone . Keep em coming !

13. 4wd1936

4wd1936
    from NY

I use only Intercity, learned the hard way and do not need a review class. Not always the cheapest but close to it and NEVER had a problem. They have hauled many cars for me.

14. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

X2, I have used Rick several times and always pleased with his professional service.

15. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I used Hoghaulers to haul from SC to CA.. (they are based out of Portland Or I think but had trucks all over). I was happy with the price and service..

16. grichards790

grichards790

I used BenD from here on the HAMB and couldnt have been happier. His price was great and you wont meet a nicer guy.

17. blackdog49

blackdog49

I've used Rick Powell with Showtime Transport. Very pleased with the whole process. Highly recommended.

18. 51C8JOE

51C8JOE

Stay away from brokers. I used Available Logistics, got a $485 quote from Ma to Tn. Day of pickup notified of new charge of $700. Called broker who said car was picked up, read the contract again. "If you refuse additional charges vehicle will be dropped at local impound lot pending our satisfactory recovery of all charges." I'll know better next time.

19. rod rialto

rod rialto
    from rialto, ca

I used Depedable Auto Shippers to ship a car to me from SoCal when I lived in Michigan. Pretty decent. They charge more for "fast" shipping, but they send them all on the same truck...they just wait a couple of days to call you if you get the regular service.

20. dgc15

dgc15

I used Rick to haul my Chevy from AZ to TX. Very pleased with him. I would use him again.
    Rick Powell - [email protected]

21. 53 hemi

53 hemi

I used Bill's Auto Works, found here in the O'dex. Great guy, great service, will be using him again. This is his shop number 1 (419)9298048.