Register now to get rid of these ads!

BulletProof and Rashy do Drag Week....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CURIOUS RASH, Aug 22, 2011.

1. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Is 'Rashy' growing his hair out?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RvV3nn_de2k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. SuperJim

SuperJim
    from Minnesota

I did drag week twice, and it WAS fun. Don't break guys, and give her heck this final afternoon! Wish I was there...

3. squirrel

squirrel

Keith (in the blown Poison Gas A bone) was quicker, but he had trouble one day and ran one slow time. Mike was running slower in his 53 ford, so he got ahold of some steeper gears in Tulsa, swapped them in at the hotel, and ran a 12.12 there, and just barely pulled ahead of Keith in the standings. Mike then pulled the gears, put the 3.50s back in, and we drove to Topeka. When we got to Topeka to run yesterday the weather was nasty, but it didn't rain until most cars got a run in. Mike swapped the gears back in, and played with the carb a bit.

At the races, Mike waited in the staging lanes for Keith, and they paired up. Beautiful race...keith ran 11.68 (wow!), mike managed a 12.20.

Mother Nature threw a monkey wrench into things though.....Mike won Gasser class by a couple hundredths of a second (they average your ETs for the week). But it was because the event "rained out", not all the cars got to run, so the day's runs didn't count. Keith has the faster car, but Mike was able to run the number every time, and get the "gold"

Attached Files:

4. ryno

ryno

congrats boys, im proud of you
    im sure pops is smiling also!

5. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Epic trip. Sounds like a GREAT time. Congrats, guys!

Malcolm

6. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

What a blast! I have a bunch of pics to post when I get back.

If you have ever thought about doing drag week, and haven't, you should.

The majority of cars are off topic here but gear heads are gear heads and there were far fewer douche bags then I figured.

Just make sure you co-pilot/crew chief/windshield bitch is as good as me.

7. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

By the way, 177 cars started drag week.132 finished.

8. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Let Uncle Rashy tell ya'll a story, something that impressed the hell out of me at Drag Week.

There are a lot of nice cars there, Squirrels is one of them. But this story isn't about Squirrel. Sure, he drove all the way from Arizona, Nd is now driving back, but with a co-pilot/crew chief like Dan, and a car that nice, well, it's hardly even work.

Nope, this story is about our new friend, Jason. Jason drove a 34 Ford from Sarasota Florida, ran it all week, and is now driving it back to Sarasota Florida. All by himself.

A fiberglass body, "pro-street", Dart motored car, its pretty off topic here.

9. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

10. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Congrats, Mike! Looks like a good time was had by all. Good to meet some new HAMBers too!

Was it the red one or the green one with the ghost flames?

iPhone - TJJ App

11. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

But what is on topic is that he drove that thing, all that way, through the week, now driving home, just hoping to hook up with some hot rodders, make friends, and have a good time.

He did that, came in fourth in the Unlimited class, the class full of 7 second cars who have support whether they admit it or not.

Jason car ran 10:80 religiously, until Topeka, where it ran 10:73.

With air conditioning.

Jason never turned a wrench on the car except to adjust the valves and change oil.

So, let that be a lesson to ya kids, just because a dudes vehicle may not be your cup of tea doesn't mean you can't learn something from them.

12. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Green with ghost flames.

13. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

thanks for reporting.

My Aussie pals enjoyed themselves and finished No. 5 in Big Block NA.

and they drove all the way from WI to Kansas, did Drag Week and are now enjoying a nice drive home...in a 1963 Dodge 440 sedan.

we will have it at Beloit Autorama tomorrow.

14. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

We saw those guys a lot.

15. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

i have to admit i wasnt too excited about jasons car when he first pulled up...it looked like just another street rod..i expected to see him start with the duster and polishing the wheels..after a few minutes he changed my mind..not only was he a pretty cool laid back guy but he knew his cars,,,,says alot when a guy takes off across country by himself..to a event where he doesnt know anyone says alot..
    the car is a badass....a 2600 lb car with a 427 dart sbc ...drove those steam roller mickey sportsmans in the rain...didnt change tires or open the headers...ran 10s street form...thats a hot rod........hope we can run with him next year...

16. Mike, your car looked pretty damn stout. Hope the grease in your hair worked out for you. I've done that rear end swap lots of times back in the day.
    Later,
    Dick

17. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Sam, cool video and kickass car! side note... the guys making the 1320 video's are from here in Omaha

18. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Larson turns out to be a cool dude. He's clearly in a different league than us. Yet he came over and chatted a bit while we swapped gears and tinkered on a few things. I think he got a kick out of seeing us wrench on the old girl to try and squeeze out what we could.

19. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

people looked at us like we where from mars....they kept asking is it broke..?when we said no just changing the gears they didnt get it..to me it was like what i think it might have been like back in the day before everyone had a trailer and tow rig....

20. squirrel

squirrel

We made it home...no problems with the car on the way back, it just purred along and sucked down gas like it's supposed to

Sure was a blast, Mike and Ron, you're great guys!

21. rednek

rednek
    from Daisy,OK

Good to meet you squirrel. Where did you finnish?

22. What a blast. Sorry to miss you guys. The creeping crud struck our fam pretty good.

23. squirrel

squirrel

I came in 4th I think, ahead of one other car. I was only about 3 and a half seconds behind the class winner, his car ran a 7.82 in Tulsa, I only managed 11.28. But I did manage to drive my car all the way there, and all the way home, without using a tow rig.

http://www.hotrod.com/2011/dragweek/

(this link has nasty popups and crap, so set your browser to full defense mode before clicking it!)

24. I had a great time and meeting new people was a blast. I lost to a great guy, congrats Bulletproof1 and Curious Rash Also Squirrel and Texas Speed. I'm ready to do it again. We shows that our cars are NOT posers.

25. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats Mike and to Rashy I didn't know anything about the race until you posted it on
    the HAMB. It sounds like a drag endurance test. Drving to the strip, run it hard then go
    to the next one is way kool... You made me proud to be an OKIE!

Happy Trails, Mick

26. Abomb

Abomb

He might be in a different league now, but 25 years ago or so, he was just the local diesel mechanic with the fastest car in town. He gave me my first ride in a car capable of yanking the wheels, very exciting for a young guy like me. It was a 67 or 68 camaro convertible he had before he bought that chevy II.....man, that II has come a long way.....

Of course, I haven't seen him for years, but I'm not surprised he's still a cool dude, he sure was back in the day.

27. troy5118

troy5118
    from Haven Ks

Had alot of fun watching you guys, congrats on a great week. Larson let me drive the Chevy II a few years ago when it was still pink with the blower just to see if I had the coconuts. The fastest car on drag week and no trailer, pretty cool.

28. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

had a good time watching the 53 and 55 run each night on video coverage of the event...

29. mongo51

mongo51

Damn wish i would have seen you guys when you stoped in mcpherson i have a ton of pics from that stop.