Register now to get rid of these ads!

To Pink, Or Not to Pink.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blackmaria60, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Its all pink on the inside. Oh we weren't talking about that were we, I think it was the mention of testosterone that got me wound up. or maybe its the high dose steroids that the doc has me one for a week or so. I mean hell I got freakin' hair sprouting out of my forehead not to mention that rageing thing I got going on. :eek:

I like salmon cars if they are fifties cars, but I also like Cambel's Soupe Orange.

2. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

Not a big fan of pink, but to each his own.

3. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

My uncle bought a pink and black 55 Crown Vic brand new. When he drove through the south side of Peoria, the folks would come out on their front porches or stand on the corners, smiling and waving at him.

Barry
    he traded it for a seafoam and ivory 56 Merc as soon as they came out that fall

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Hec, the hero of Street Rod built a pink custom coupe so it's just fine, then or now. Just don't make that last ride down the hill towards town over the bridge after the car show.

5. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Prior to 1917 Fords were available in colors.
    Actually only the 17-25 cars were only painted black.
    The color palette was reintroduced in 26-27 in a failed effort to revive sales which were fading.

6. I think on the right 50's car and even 60's pink can be OK. I wouldn't want it but it doesn't mean I don't hate it.
    On earlier cars though I am not a fan. I had a Model A Tudor that was supposed to be Orangey Salmon, but the painter decided to add Blue Pearl and it turned it PINK! It was so unloved by the guy that we were putting it together for, I ended up buying it cheap. I finished the car and figured my wife could have it, but she turned it down as well. It became a little hard to sell, and definitely dropped the value. The paint job was high dollar and beautiful work so I couldn't bring myself to painting over it and just cut my loses and traded it of for something else. here it is;
    [​IMG]

7. aar0s

aar0s
    from So.Il.

Im going with what he said.
    We had a father/son team (Buddy Ingersoll if any of you guys know him) that would drive down for a show me and some friends put on. they both drove real nice chopped merc's but his sons was magenta. I made the mistake of calling it pink one night...

8. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

It's not PINK, it's CORAL! Ahhh, who cares, it's pink.

Attached Files:

• glx1.jpg
      glx1.jpg
      File size:
      265.9 KB
      Views:
  9. electromet

electromet
    from Tucson, AZ

My '57 Metropolitan was born coral, but someone subsequently painted it carnation pink/white. It's going to the get the pink treatment again when it's done. It's a great mid-50's color.

Mike

10. Special Ed

Special Ed

Factory color from 1950-1953...

[​IMG]

11. brandon

brandon

76 Porsche magenta.....that's all I have to say:D

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Those look nice 58 with that original paint colors
    or has it been turned more pink then salmon?

I Like a pink cadillac

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  13. yeah, id own a coral or salmon car im kinda playin with the idea of painting my 57 salmon and white or cream

id also own a panther pink mopar IF it was a real fm3 coded car (yeah i know O/T get over it)

i really like 55 chevys done in coral /gray

you can keep the mary k and all the pastel pink cars

if it was the right car id own a HOT pink car

14. slammed

slammed

Same here! Sweaty sweater meat is a treat! And by all means, drive that pink car!

15. desotot

desotot

if you squat when you pee you can paint it pink, I guess, maybe.

16. scarletfever

scarletfever
    from texas

i do, and i did and i loved it!!!!

there's pink and then there is "Candy Pearl Fuchsia" (yes that is a word)

Attached Files:

17. If memory serves me correctly , i drove something pink once but it wasn't a car !:cool:

18. Buzznut

Buzznut

I don't think it's a masculinity issue...it's a matter of preference. I've never liked pink, just like I've never liked lime green or lavender or perrywinkle. Even dark grape purple and brown are iffy depending on the car... Now a plum crazy Cuda or deep purple 51 Merc? Hell yeah, but a purple metro or pink lead sled...I don't think so. About the only car that can pull it off is a Caddy...

19. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

I am not a fan of PINK cars ... but almost 40 years ago ... I proudly rode and drove one ... just like this.

[​IMG]

4 doors and ALL ...

You see, my car was DEAD ... I had no money for a new engine and this cute girl in the small town I was living in ... wanted to date me something fierce. His Father had given her his old hand me down Edsel ... ( this was 1971/1972 ) . It was only 12 or so years old and only had 30 thousand original one owners miles on it. Her Father had bought it new.

I was glad to ride in it and drive it. It even had pink upholstery on the BIG BACK SEAT :eek: which she and I used a good bit. :)

20. 2Hep

2Hep

I would if it were on the right car. I love pink and black, pink and a dark grey two tone mid 50's cars. That 57 Lincoln pictured earlier on this post is frickin awesome.
    So yeah, Pink is manly. Even all the great Rockabilly guys drover and wore pink.
    SO rawk it out!

Side note: You know why Pink became a popular color for cars in the 50's and not before?

Answer: It was Mamie Eisenhower's Favorite color. She made it popular during the presidency. If you look before that term it was offered as a car color (Maybe in the late 20's before the depression on some of the luxury brands) Just a fun fact. It was also during this time that 2 tones became popular as the automakers were using them in their kitchen appliance designs.

21. Elvis had a pink Caddie...nuff said

22. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Depends on the car. The right car slays in pink.
    I agree w/ gotgas, sometimes the problem is masculinity....

23. Ahhh yes, Panther Pink. remember it well.:)

Attached Files:

24. darkk

darkk

I had a salmon and cream 55 Ford convertible and a salmon and black 56 Ford Crown Victoria.

25. Real man wear pink and/or drive pink.
    Hell Yes Id paint/buy a pink car as long as is a 59 coronet,cadillac or edsel like the one posted above.

26. cruzingratiot

cruzingratiot
    from Detroit MI

depends on the car
    i miss this one

[​IMG]

27. Deuces

Deuces

Dodge also had the Challenger T/A in that color with the black stripes...

28. Deuces

Deuces

This one's pink also.....:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

29. My new 1958 Buick is "Coral" which was a factory color. However, it is getting painted Colonial blue, a different factory color, when I'm done with it.

30. My father bought his first new car in 1955, a 2-tone black and pink Belair hardtop. He wouldn't drive it off the lot until they repainted the roof black.