Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage HERSHEY! right around the corner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skidmarks, Aug 17, 2011.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Will you be rowing or driving to the flea market? :rolleyes:

2. noboD

noboD

Clark, on sight there's a killer ham, egg, and cheese on a bagel out of a beat up truck in the green field. But that's a long walk from your spot.

3. noboD

noboD

Might have to row. The creek WAS damned near to my front door last Friday.

4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Creek? That may be a river in some parts of the country, just how high/deep was the water?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
  5. noboD

noboD

I THINK the official measurement was 26.8 at Hershey, flood at 7. It got awfully angry!!

6. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

Sorry if I missed it somewhere else in this post, but I imagine the Union Canal House has to be out of commission?

Cris

7. noboD

noboD

They took 10 out the window of the second floor. It's trashed.

8. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

Hell, last year we brought the camping stove but forgot a fryin pan so link sausages cooked on a screwdriver over an open flame.....Borrowed a tin plate from the neighbors and cooked the eggs...... Well, beats the time we had hot dogs with a propane torch :D.

RCL 28/29 Rest up or dump your treasure....

9. Clark

Clark

Skid. There is no way in hell I would ask for a Hiney around you guys....or any bunch of guys!
    .I hear Elvis is buying lunch tomorrow.
    Clark

10. Me Too:D

11. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

Thanks for the updates and info from youse guys in the area. I hear they are working around the clock........

12. noboD

noboD

We still have NAt'l Guard close by, so I guess we are still in a state of emergency. The houses that I've seen are really screwed. Even one that is only about 6 months old, built to fed. specs for a flood plain. Many that have been flooded several times in my lifetime gave up the fight this time. All roads that would effect you guys have been repaired. They even had a motorhome show at the Giant Center this week. They used the day parking lot across from the Giant Center for spectaors, it turned brown. If you remember it was under for several days.

13. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Of the Union Canal House? Now that makes me sad, that was always our Saturday night-end of Hershey spot.

That was the first place I thought of when I heard about all this flooding.

14. JustJoey

JustJoey

I saw it the day of the floods, pretty bad. Found a pic on google.
    [​IMG]

15. Hay Bob, those hip boots may not be enough:eek:

16. The37Kid

The37Kid

Brocolli cheese pizza, keep thinking about it all day today. The guy at the base of the walkway stairs in the Chocolate field makes the best pizza at the Hershey swap meet.

17. great barbecue pit in the center of the chocolate field!

18. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm coming to Chicago the weekend after Hershey so get Jocko (theHIGHLANDER: GBC 17-22) to bring it home and take it to work the next day, we'll make arrangements for me to get it from him then I'll bring it with me the weekend of Oct 13th-16th.

20. Standard32

Standard32
    from LA

Anyone need any parts hauled up from the south?...rather not have to haul a big, heavy, complete car...but maybe a body, frame, or something?

I’m thinking about going...not sure though...considering different options right now..

Might make a difference if I could haul something to pay for some of the expenses of the trip.?

21. This is my 39th year at Hershey and it is still the best week of the year for me.

22. Verminator

Verminator

We'll be runnin' and buyin' on thursday

23. Wish i could go, maybe next year !

24. noboD

noboD

Has anyone looked at what RM has for the auction? The Otto is one of two known to exist. A local donated the other to the AACA museum, it's completely original, been in his family since new. I can taste the pizza already. And the crusty almonds. And the ham,egg and cheese on a bagel.

25. noboD

noboD

Yea, I NEED to see that.

26. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great vedio of that steamer when it was in England, I think it is on the RM site. They think it will bring two REAL large.

27. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

Well, It worked because this riff raff won't be there either. I'd rather look at rust anyway.....

Spaces RCL 28-29

28. noboD

noboD

Well, it rained pretty good last few days and the creek's pissed off again. It swallowed up a guy tonight, not sure if he's OK or not. Fire trucks everywhere and passed the ambulance taking him to the Med Center. A few roads are closed again, some of the same houses may have more water. I would NOT park in the day lots!

29. The37Kid

The37Kid

So I guess the High Ground Parking and DB Shuttle may be open for business for reserved preregistered parking, right?:rolleyes: