Register now to get rid of these ads!

Field frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jaden, Sep 18, 2011.

1. jaden

jaden

Hello everyone, as usuall I have been busy looking for parts and creeping on the hamb but not posting or doing much actual work on the project car. My dad recently found a frame sitting in a field and wanted to know if i wanted it. Im not sure what it is or even if its a ford frame. I had visions of a 32 frame when he gave me a call but it looks more like a 33/34 frame or later? I was wondering if anyone could ID this frame and if it is a 33/34 ford frame did many people use them for AV8's? Thanks again for any help or comments.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    Jaden<o:p></o:p>

Attached Files:

• 8e.jpg
      8e.jpg
      File size:
      169.6 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      211.6 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      211.3 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      208.6 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      210 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      207.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      226.6 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      228.9 KB
      Views:
  2. coupeman36

coupeman36

that's a 1935 Ford frame, spring is in front of the axle, mechanical brakes, if those are the original wires it all says '35.

3. 1935 1936 Ford car

4. Heo2

Heo2

most likely a 35

5. jaden

jaden

Thanks for the info guys, I think i'll keep on the lookout for a 32 frame. Is there anything on the frame usefull for an AV8 build? Thanks.
    Jaden

6. koolkemp

koolkemp

Ya wouldnt want to mail it to me in Nova Scotia !

7. shock733

shock733
    from Florida

1935-1940 Ford chassis. The rails look salvageable, pull it out and save it or maybe you can sell/swap it for what your looking for.

8. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

I found a 35 frame locally also and was wondering how good my model a body would fit on it. Anyone ever built or have pics of model as on 35 rails?

9. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Front and rear axles, radius rods, are worth snagging.

10. cheesegrater

cheesegrater
    from california

Worst case scenario get it out of that field & sell it on here looks like quite savable

11. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

A mid thirties+ frame is really not suitable for an av8 without a TON of modification. They're too long, too wide, etc...

12. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

looks like a decent frame. I'd have guessed 36 or 37, but def 35-40. if the price is right the x member will work in another build. I'm using one in a 33/34 chassis narrowed to 32 specs (I'm building a 34 pu and plan to run the duece grill, but wanted the longer wheelbase). if the shocks work they might be usable too. have seen some good tech in the past about modifying and using the rear crossmember. but if the price is right you should be able to turn it for a buck or two

13. Single hole in the radiator mounts should make it a '35 for sure. Lots of good parts there and the rails appear to be solid in the kick-up where they usually rust out.
    Someone could use it; just don't leave it laying in the field.

14. jaden

jaden

Thats what i was looking for, thanks.

I was eyeing up the x member too. but as with everything i do it will be pretty tough, the frame is very far away from me and across the boarder. My dad found it while prarie dog hunting at some friends across the line so going to get it would be a pretty far trip and getting it across the boarder might be next to impossible. Then there is the fact that the fellow may not want to sell it. I will get my dad to ask the owner of the land if he would consider selling it but other than the x member im not seeing alot of parts i can use.
    Jaden

15. jipp

jipp

if the price is right save it.. you may want it for another project down the road.

i see, sounds like i would move on if i was you then.. maybe pass the info on its location to someone else who lives near there.
    chris.

16. jaden

jaden

Hey Rich, I will get my dad to contact the owner and if he will sell I'll give his contact info to whoever is nearby and in need of the frame.
    Jaden

17. jaden

jaden

Sorry to say the frame is not for sale :( , sorry guys. If a mod sees this thread they can delete it as it just a waste of bandwidth now.
    Jaden

18. jipp

jipp

what a waste, so its just gonna rust away-in a field. sad.
    chris.