Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ideal 2wd tranny to go behind Continential l-head six?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hillbilly4008, Sep 17, 2011.

1. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

I've been wanting to build a flathead six powered rod for a while now. Recently picked up a Willys Wagon with the Super Hurricane L-head in it, and it seems like a real torque monster.

Does anyone know of a good source car to get a 2wd manual tranny from that will just bolt up to this engine?

This is mostly a pipe dream now for now, but maybe someday.....

2. they put some 3 speed with overdrive behind some of the early Jeepsters....saw one in a yard awile back....not sure about any automatics...

3. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

That sounds perfect! We don't have Jeepsters laying around junk yards up here though...not much of anything but late models.

4. 12905

Have you tried the Kaiser Frazer site? I think that is the same as the 226 c.i. Continental used in them, If so, there were Hydramatics available in later years of those cars. Otherwise, if it is the same engine then K-F used a 3 speed with od trans. in some models.