Register now to get rid of these ads!

Edit- TEXAS guys, seen this lately?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by monsterflake, May 17, 2005.

1. monsterflake

monsterflake

I saw this old ebay auction, it didn't sell at 13k, just wondering who has it. This was a St Louis car, built by "Custom Jim" Ebenhoh, and it wasn't always this gay-looking. Without the tweed updates, before the scallops were added and the 4-speed swapped out, it was a stunner!

2. speedway

speedway
    from wichita ks

have not ever seen this car in wichita

3. rjb

rjb
    from ICT KS

me neither, what's the time frame we're talkin about?
    rjb

4. Could be because its a texas car. Maybe Wichita Falls?

5. outkast

outkast

i seen it at halibrand run a few years ago, its a texas car

6. Mike

Mike

Looks kinda like an elongated Fig Newton with fins and a bubble top.

7. monsterflake

monsterflake

oops, i saw wichita in the ebay location, so that's what i thought at first. i've seen a pic of at the round up, so that's probably where it is.

(mmmmm, fig newtons....)

8. modernbeat

modernbeat
    from Dallas, TX

I've seen that car a dozen times. Seems like it was at the '99 Kustom Spectacular in Kansas and I know it's been to the Kustom show in NE Texas (Belton? can't remember the name) a few times. It's looked exactly like that since the first time I saw it in '98 or so. I've never looked at it closely - not my style - but it looked like a quality job even if they were a little missguided.

9. Brother Bob

Brother Bob

Yeah Ive seen it . Its a bit over the top for me but great worksmanship .
    I think the guy who owns it is named Bob and lives in Granbury TX where he runs a custom paint and body shop. I might have a biz card around I will look.
    If you can find pics from the 1st Round up it was there.

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob

This is the last guy I knew who had the car .
    Bob Warriner 817-326-5077

11. rjb

rjb
    from ICT KS

Oh... the edit helps, but no still havent seen it.

12. kustomd

kustomd

I've seen that 60 chevy a bunch of times around here he's been to the KKOA blast from the past show several times, Hangin dice I believe and several small shows I've been to around here in arkansas and texas.

The guy that last owned it was really nice when I talked to him and he had a buddy that I used to see at alot of shows with him that had a kind of brown looking 60 chevy that had 59 cadillac taillights all the way across the back of it and a big mural on the trunk. I think the car also had flamethrowers and hydraulics. The work on that car is nice. I didn't remember it having tweed interior tho. But I haven't seen it in a while.

13. 30roadster

30roadster

He was at roundup in 2004 I know for certain. I have pictures of him pulling in to registration.

14. voneyeball

voneyeball
    Alliance Vendor

I've seen it a few times. It's a pretty darn cool car gone wrong. If the dudes reading this, do some research and put it back the way it was originally done. it IS done nicely though.