Register now to get rid of these ads!

IM DONE!!! (for now lol)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NVR2ND, Sep 15, 2011.

1. NVR2ND

NVR2ND

Well I am at my first stopping point anyway! This is my 1931 Ford coupe. I just finished a frame on restoration. 4" chop, 3" channel, its running a 355 chevrolet, weiland tunnel ram, twin 600 4bbl edelbrocks, isky cam, walker radiator, 350 turbo, ford 9" rearend. I went with a diamond tuck interior. I spent a lot on powder coating,( tunnel ram, pulleys, door handles, rims, alt mounts, and misc interior pieces) and I KNOW some of you will have something to say about that but... I LIKE IT, and since I OWN it...Well nuff said lol!.......So lets hear it, the good and the bad I can handle it!:D

Attached Files:

2. NVR2ND

NVR2ND

Here are some before/build pics....:eek:

Attached Files:

3. Thor1

Thor1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think it looks pretty tough. Good job.

Besides it's your car - if you like it, that's all that matters. It doesn't make the tiniest bit of difference what anybody else thinks about it.

Drive the wheels off of it!:cool:

Thor

4. fifTsix

fifTsix
    from TEXAS

And those tires! :eek:

5. NVR2ND

NVR2ND

Those are Nitto street legal slicks, I was worried about them, but I think they look ok. They sure grab good!

6. I like it except the valve covers, master cylinder and velocity stacks but it's your car so enjoy it.

7. raidmagic

raidmagic

Great looking car. How is your throttle response from a stop with the tunnel ram? That's a shit load of carbs on there. I've got a tunnel ram on my t-bucket with 2 390's and get a bog from a dead stop. It otherwise runs fantastic. I've thought about jetting the carbs down to see if that helps.

8. Harms Way

Harms Way

Looks good,.. now go out and kill lots of bugs with it !,... Thats what it all about.

9. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I'd lose some of the blacked out stuff like on the headlights, more traditional wheels and tires and sell those valve covers to somebody with a Camaro.

10. Bilt

Bilt

I like the after pictures better. It turned out well. Before it was a little similar to Milner's but off just enough that everyone probably would tell you what needed to be changed to be an accurate clone. Now it is totally yours. Very Cool!!!

11. 94hoghead

94hoghead

12. roddinron

roddinron

^X2 plus the wheels/tires, tunnel ram, and the blackout treatment. All easy fixes, the car itself is really nice though.

13. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

That looks awesome. Nice work!

14. jipp

jipp

i like it, and love how tunnel rams look.. you did good.. now drive her to she is ready for a refresh. :) the cool thing is, this car will live on now. and if trends stay how they are after you and I are long gone safe to say the car will stay how you intended :) how cool is that you will live on through your hard work.. but hell we are breathing still so go burn some rubber, rock on. also that color looks exactly like the hotrod in American graffiti :D
    chris.

15. edgeabilly

edgeabilly

looks like a fun car. great job!!!

16. Weasel

Weasel

I'm with 64Cyclone and swade41 but love the Velocity stacks and Tunnel Ram. Change the M/C - it is way too street roddy. An aluminum firewall/cover would help too - it looks too smoothie eighties easter egg as it is. It has all the makings and feel of a shag nasty street racer :cool::cool: but needs some 'cosmetic adjustment' - jmh02....

17. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Looks fine as it is, and I know there's a LOT of work in there already. Good choice of taillights...love seeing a little creativity in that department !

Jonnie King www.legends.thewwbc.net

18. styleline

styleline
    from so-hol

love your car looks great but get rid off the tail lights,but it,s yours cheers

19. 117harv

117harv

If you post some pics of your ride, you better have thick skin. Some of the very trad. cars here get a few, " i don't like that, or i would change this". I agree with some of the other posters and add the HUGE shifter in the lose category...sorry.

I does look like you did a nice job on all the work preformed, it's yours, drive the hell out of it:)

On a side note i would like to see some pics of your avatar:)

20. dexleo2

dexleo2

Looks good!!!

21. NVR2ND

NVR2ND

I knew some of the older fellows would have a problem with all the powder coating, thats why I did it! LMAO .... I will get some better pics of it in the light, ALL the black is filled with metal flake, and looks bada$$ in the SUN!:eek:........Seriously, Thanks guys for all the kind words, its been a hell of an uphill battle, and I sure felt like burning my whole shop down a time or two (or 6). This build only took 4 months, i forgot to mention that earlier!!!

22. Three Widow's Garage

Three Widow's Garage

You just need pic with the car turning left the wheels pointed right, the back wheels
    spinning twice as fast as the front, and a big @#$ eatin grin on your face. I like it.
    If your happy thats all that matters.

23. krooser

krooser

geez... a restoration would have a 4 banger in it....

24. Lucky3

Lucky3

Bitchin Coupe !
    Nuff said..

25. roddinron

roddinron

Hmm, ok, I'll pass that on to all the rest of us "older fellows". We've all got your number now FNG, and paybacks a bitch.:rolleyes:

26. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

I like it. I am not a fan of yellow, too obnoxiouus... but that looks like what you're going for! LOL Nice car.