Register now to get rid of these ads!

Koolest Starliner ever / Thank you Yblock 292

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by straykatkustoms, Sep 12, 2011.

1. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

First off I’d like to thank Jack (Yblock 292) for putting together the best garage Krawl that
    we’ve ever done. The Krawl would not have happened without Jack and he threw it to a
    new high this year. Thanks you very much I owe ya..

Like to thank Krobe, Travis, Jeff, Jimmy, Aaron and Shan for their help. We could not do it
    with out them.

Also thank you to the Stray Kat Kar Sluts for handling the registration and keeping us in
    order. We know you only like with us because of our cars. :) it is worth it.

This wasn’t our biggest gathering but it has to rate up there with one of the koolest. The
    Kool meter was at an all time high.

Some of my highlights....

The creator of the Little Koffin, Dave Stucky was there. Nuff said... He is one of the best.

During the garage Krawl I was kruizn Douglas in the Merc. I drove by McPhail’s place with
    the Lonely Knights car club parked all around his building. I had my camera with me but I
    was in the middle of a Koolsville moment.

Watching Johnny Hammon sign autographs on the event shirts. I could not believe the line
    of guys wanting his autograph. Very Kool!!

Being asked to hang out with the Lonely Knights from Colorado, I don’t know if they already
    do this but if you want to go to a fun show find out where the Lonely Knight are going.
    You are guaranteed a good time. What a kool club.

Hangin out with Jeff, Dennis, Jimmy and Dave on Sunday, it is fun to talk to guys with the
    same beliefs.

We had some kool event coverage from Travis at Royboy productions, Dan Greenberg and
    Steve Giangreco from Gears and Gals. Stay tune, there is going to be some kool pics.

Again thanks to everyone that hung out with us this weekend.

Happy Trails, Mick

2. yblock292

yblock292

Its was a great weekend, Mic you and the other "gals" just do just a fine job handling all the stuff.Always good to see you all.
    Thanks, Jack

3. yblock292

yblock292

And a big thanks to Jeff (mongo)For handling all the cookin' friday night and Steve (fudpucker) for helping set up .

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'm an official member of the shoulda-woulda-coulda club...

sorry guys...just call me no-show larry

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. gonmad

gonmad

No longer 3 window, now just no show Larry I guess!! LOL.

I missed the Krawl Friday, so I can't throw stones at you Larry. Sounds like it was a blast. The show was awesome and the weather couldn't have been better!! It did rain after the show, but it was AFTER!

Sorry I missed ya Jack! Maybe next time.

6. yblock292

yblock292

Hope so, always good to see you guys

7. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks to Steve aka fudpuker?? (What is his HAMB handle?) for helping Jack I didn't
    think that Jack could have done it all alone. Sorry I forgot to come by Sunday morning.
    I didn't remember until I finally heard my phone vibrate after my second nap. Will you be
    around the 9/24?

Happy Trails, Mick

8. Dontiac

Dontiac

I had a fantastic time! Showed up at the hotel Friday morn to claim a vender spot. Didn’t know anybody there and even driving a car 5 years too new (my oldest running driving car though). Within a few hours I’ve toured awesome shops, swapped stories and ate lunch at an old diner with a bunch of cool gearheads that make you feel right at home.

Saturday at the show was super cool. Top notch rods and customs parked among vintage planes is a sweet sight. Got to meet and tell lies to several fun loving people.

A BIG Thank You to Mick, Krobe and all the other hard workers I didn’t get to meet!

9. Old F.A.R.T.

Old F.A.R.T.

Had a GREAT time Mick...was my first Garage Krawl and I had a blast...there are shops in Wichita that I didn't even know existed...THANKS for the good time...LATER...Glenn

10. yblock292

yblock292

Was good to see you all again.............

11. sperryhood

sperryhood

GREAT SHOW MIC. haven't miss one yet. Still # 1 . Bob

12. Butch M

Butch M

Had a Great time thanks Mick.....

13. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Visually I don't know how you can beat all of the planes with the rods and kustoms parked around them. But the people are the true stars of the Starliner. Mick has amassed some of the greatest people on the planet and they just keep coming back to his shows. I'm honored and humbled to have a Stray Kat plaque in my ride, and to be associated with such kool people!

14. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It was kool to see the '62 running around town. This is the reason that we do the Krawl
    so we can watch everybody cruise around or parked around some kool shop. Kool to hear
    that you had a good time. The Wendt family is very kool to run with.

Hey Bob, it is kool to hear that your still having fun, thanks again for driving up.

I've seen some awesome pictures of the two gassers in front of the bomber. One of the
    best power parking expedition that I've seen at the Starliner. Very Kool!!

Thanks for bringing such kool stuff for sale. I hadn't had the chance to unloaded my box
    yet. Tonight I get to go through them and see what I bought. I'm going to pretend that
    I won them. Looking forward to seeing what ya bring next year.

You fit right in to our group, don't know if that is a good or bad.

Over the past thirty years, I've been so blessed with some great friends that are into the
    Kustom and the Hot Rod scene. We went out to eat Saturday night and it is hard to get a
    table for 30 and sit all together. The Kats work hard to try to make it the koolest not the
    biggest show. I'm a short guy so I strongly believe that size isn't everything...

Thanks guys!

Happy Trails, Mick

15. fuddpucker

fuddpucker

Hey Mick da name on the hamb is FUDDPUCKER its a big secret you know ha ha

16. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I thought that it was Puckerfudd bu that was too close to Elmer Fudd so I knew that
    wasn't right... LOL!! Thanks for all of your help.

17. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

18. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Mick, how could you not want the picture of TwoTallOkie taking a picture of me taking a picture of him? Its comedy genius!

Thanks for spreading the word, most people know I do this out of love but gas is expensive so I figured let's do a limited run deal and see what happens!

Thanks for putting on a great show where even I feel kool! The 50% off deal is limited to the first 20 orders so they're going to go fast!

19. 49toad

49toad

Travis. Thanks for the slideshow. You also got a shot of the Toad with the hood open. I have to be more carefull. Again great slideshow.

20. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Doug, any photgraphic praise from you is high praise indeed! I am humbled!

The Toad's engine bay is impeccable just like the rest of the car! It should be seen from time to time!

Thanks again Doug!

21. Mercchev

Mercchev

Great Fun as always. Thanks, Mick. The Lonely Knights had a blast and a safe trip home. See you next time.

22. I took the kids out on Saturday and they had a ball looking at airplanes and hot rods.

Also Thanks for Jacks hospitality as always! Enjoyed the dog and burger(s). :D

Attached Files:

23. yblock292

yblock292

How kool, was good seeing ya and the kids, glad you made it out!

24. Krobe

Krobe

Great venue, good weather, terrific friends, kool rides,...what more could you ask?

25. tjmercury

tjmercury

Had a great time! I really hated missing the garage krawl on friday, but the ol 48 wasn't wanting to cooperate, brake issues. You are right, the lonely knights were a great group to hang out with,between the Stray Kats and the Lonely Knights, we sure felt at home with some awesome people! Already lookin foward to next year!

26. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

All I can say about the whole experience is WOW! What a great time! Got to spend a lot of quality time with a lot of great people and meet more that I only knew via the HAMB. Thanks Mick and the rest of the Stray Kats for the hospitality - you all really know how to make people feel welcome and a part of everything. Jack(YBlock 292) - great meeting you and thanks for organizing such a great garage crawl and of course the dogs and burgers. Although there were tons of killer cars and killer photo ops, my favorite part was driving around with everyone for the garage crawl and meeting all sorts of people there. Thanks to all the Lonely Knights, Marauders and others who let me hang out with them. Wichita is pretty cool too - my first time there. It was certainly worth the drive down and back.

27. Dads-53

Dads-53

Thanks to everyone Mick, Jack, Travis and to all that opened up their shops on Friday. What a great weekend. Don

28. mongo51

mongo51

Jack ill just be the offical cook every year. Thanks man for a kool krawl. Mick anytime brother im proud to be a stray kat and i will always stay that way. You guys are extended family. The Wendts have a ball at all the shows kats put on. Now I need fliers for next year both shows. Hittin it hard next weekend with two shows in one day and rounding it out in ark city on sunday.

29. yblock292

yblock292

Jeff you do a hell of a job with the cooking duties. Thanks again for all you do!

30. BigFinCad

BigFinCad

Hey Mick,
    Thanks for the kind words. We all had a blast.
    Ready to do it again next year. Maybe we will hop in the four door caddy and come out to the BBQ in November.

Big Rich
    Lonely Knights