Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1951 Victoria, PAINT!! Couple teaser pics..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CHOPMERC, Aug 20, 2011.

1. jerseymike

jerseymike

let's see, first an earthquake, then a hurricane, now massive flooding, and i thought i came up with wild excuses! :D how's progress? gonna make lead east?

2. mace69

mace69
    from mass

Any updates?

3. glassguy

glassguy

holy shit bob.... i just saw this on one of the lead east posts, so i found this thread... that car is now in its own league of awesomness!!!!! can only imagine how stoked you must be...

4. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

Heres some updated pictures....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

Thanks alot Dave, I am very stoked actually...I've Put alot of long hours into this car, awesome to see my vision sitting in front of me...

Here's a couple more pics from this weekend..

Attached Files:

• 1027.jpg
      1027.jpg
      File size:
      164.4 KB
      Views:
    • 1025.jpg
      1025.jpg
      File size:
      151.7 KB
      Views:
    • 1028.jpg
      1028.jpg
      File size:
      116.7 KB
      Views:
  6. Kustom??

Kustom??
    from N.J. US

Car looks awesome...Congrats!!!!! I know it seems like yesterday we went to pick the car up!!! It looks SO much better then that day....You have great visions...and the car came out Beautiful..Bobby!!!!!!

7. Man I have to tell you.....That is as close to the look of the true Custom Cars I grew up looking at as ever there was....It's PERFECT! Great design, Great Look, Great execution.....Little Book Cover FOR SURE!!! Centurion9

8. paulie_boy13

paulie_boy13
    from NC

Wow straight 1958 style, so cool!!!!

9. jerseymike

jerseymike

car looks amazing! the black and white photos don't do it justice. any pics of the chrome tape on top? again great job!

10. Wow , Wow , Wow!!!!! unreal true Kustom!!!! Respect to you for rounding up the parts, having the vision, and seeing this car through!!! Please tell me it will be in Detroit for the 60th Autorama???? Simply Awesome

11. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

That really made a difference.....beautiful.

12. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

Last I heard he is thinkin about going to Detroit...

13. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

That's true..I'm going to be getting in touch with Bob Laravee about Detroit..I hope I can get there..

14. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

And, I have to say, this is EXACTLY what I was going for...I'm 40 and have been reading and collecting the little books since I was about 12..Over the years I've gravitated towards the style between about 1958 to 1962 and wanted to build something that looked like it came right from there..These type of comments put a smile on my face, thanks very much guys...

15. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

As I was walking into Lead East , I got a peek at the car ... enough to wet my whistle . Unfortunately , I was wandering all over the joint & didn't get to see the car sitting still to get a good look . I was bummed as hell :( . What I saw looked fan-friggin'-tastic - grand slam !!

16. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

Here's a pic of the back and the interior....Just before it was painted, I added the '53 Stude pan under the rear bumpers and redid the interior to better match the paint, changing the dash, carpet, and all garnish moldings (not yet installed in the pic) to gold..

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  17. gonzoengineer

gonzoengineer

I love the lines of the scallop leading the taillamps. How big is the chop on that?

18. CHOPMERC

CHOPMERC

Thanks! the car is chopped 6 inches front and back...