Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Registration is open for The Invasion Car show, Dallas, Tx

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Revhead, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Meltkamp

Meltkamp

Ill be there but only cars I got now or o/t
    Rooms is booked though woo!

2. Locomotive Breath

Locomotive Breath
    from Texas

Is it too late to pre-register? I just sent the form and pictures in.

3. brawal128

brawal128

I'll be there in the beast.

Brandon
    Dirty Birds C.C.

Attached Files:

4. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

It's on my calendar for 2012. Next year, I'll be there!

5. lorax54

lorax54
    from Denton, TX

We're coming...but not in the Chevy. Gonna let the little kid run around and check out all the cars.

6. Dchaz

Dchaz

I'm on call this weekend but we are going to try to sneak over.
    Hey Brandon , truck looks good with the bed on it.

7. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

Just a heads up. It looks like it is going to be crowded this year.

Pre-Registration is closed now, and if you haven't recieved an email back please contact us again at [email protected].

If you haven't paid for your pre-registration, please send it in ASAP.

We have a full house of vendors! Almost double of what we had last year. That combined with the amount of pre-registrations we have gotten, is pointing towards a much bigger show this year.

so... two things.

At 8pm if you are parked on the street (ELM) you will have to move or parallel park your car. We can only get the street closed till 8 and they will not budge on it. I can garauntee that DPD will be down there ready to tow cars. we have the meters off all night, so you can keep the car on the street, but it has to be parked the correct way. Additional free parking will be in the lot behind Trees, so please be prepared to move your car no later than 8pm.

Registered cars get one free entry into the Lee Rocker show. If you are bringing other people I suggest you buy extra tickets ahead of time:

http://treesdallas.com/

There's a definite possiblity the show will sell out. There is a huge increase in foot traffic in Deep Ellum compared to last year, plus we are getting quite a bit more local media coverage this year and the Lee Rocker show is being advertised more agressively. so get your tickets now, if you need them.

Looking forward to seeing you all again.

8. cant wait, and it looks like it might not be a bizillion degrees out. making the drive from ft worth, anyone cruising?

9. BoomBoom

BoomBoom

What time will you start parking cars and what does it cost to pay at the show?
    Thanks!
    Ed

10. apound

apound

Going for the first time and my Pontiac is too much a street rod so Ill be in my daily driver. Ive heard horror stories of cars being towed for parking reasons in that area. Any info on a good place to park? thanks

11. TexasDart

TexasDart

I've parked in the parking lot under the bridge...just put money in the slot and you will be okay.

12. apound

apound

Thanks, I'm not too familiar with the area and didn't want to get towed or venture too far into the hood.

13. Hard Luck

Hard Luck

I know it says '63 is the cut off, but since my '66 very closely resembles the '63 model, am I going to be able to get in the show ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Aaron

14. sololobo

sololobo

Looks like a cool event, hip hood, and Lee Rocker and the amzing Derailers will be a super hot show. Best wishes for a great event. ~sololobo~

15. GonzoSS

GonzoSS

Great show once again!!!! Glad I could make it out for a little bit!!!
    Thanks Them! for another great show!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Buzzo

Buzzo
    from Dallas

they let in two C10 trucks with 20 inch wheels so I dont think there would have been a huge problem with your truck entering

17. Hard Luck

Hard Luck

I didn't think so, but you never can tell with some people. I was trying my damnedest to get it done to make it down there, but I just had too many little loose ends to take care of. Oh well, it'll be ready for next years show, and should have paint on it by then.

-Aaron

18. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

We had a great time, and would like to thank Everyone who came out to the show. We had a good showing and what makes it the best, is the people. Every year we have to hire Dallas Officers to watch the show, and because of everyone is so well behaved they are really lenient with us and it makes it a much better show.

that being said...
    Those two C10s will not be back. After the burnout in the middle of a crowd, we are not too pleased with them. They shouldn't have been allowed in anyways with 20" wheels and all, that was a communication slip up on our part.

Generally if the car or truck is a similar body style to a 63 and earlier, and it is built in the style that fits the show we let a year or two slide, but it is purely subjective at that point.

19. Drag'n 59

Drag'n 59
    from DALLAS, TX

I apologize for my little burnout, at least I had sense to do it down the street away from any of the crowd. A great show once again.

20. Locomotive Breath

Locomotive Breath
    from Texas

Thanks for a great show, my wife and I really enjoyed it.

21. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

22. EL SOLDADO

EL SOLDADO

I didn't know burnouts were frowned upon...Ooopsy! I'm guilty too.

23. was on call as well this weekend....but got to do a drive by...er walk by....again lots of good stuff....even my buddies cars looked good....

thanks THEM guys...and gals...