Register now to get rid of these ads!

How do you meet hambers at shows?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by adamshumard, Sep 1, 2011.

1. I wear my HAMB issued shirt and walk around until somebody introduces themselves to me, or until I spot another person/car with HAMB swag. Then I clutch nervously to said person's pant leg while they introduce me to other HAMBers. :D

But after reading some of the initial posts on this thread, I now understand why the number of ass grabs I get at shows has gone up so much... :s

2. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

And if they say yes....RUN FOR YOUR SOBER LIFE!!!!!!!!:eek::D

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I wear my HAMB shirt yet only a couple people have ever said anything to me. then again, I 've seen people in HAMB shirts and didn't say anything to them.

4. Same here. I don't approach people very often, and I am quite unapproachable, ha!

5. Maybe you need sweatpants that say "HAMB" across the ass?

6. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

No-one probably read it, they thought you'd probably just work for food.:D

7. Raven53

Raven53
    from Irwin Pa

I always use the double secret hand shake it works every time.

8. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

I've met a shit ton of hambers. I rarely remember! Not that I don't love each and everyone of ya, I just drink a lil at car shows, and the months leading up to said show!
    The ones I really recall, ae the one I know well from here that I see pics of a lot, or talk with a lot, or have had children with! Btw tman, still waiting on my child support!

9. s1buell

s1buell
    from Indiana

At the Frog Follies last weekend I asked only one person if they were a HAMB and he was. The very original 1932 5 window coupe with early 283, dropped heavy axle, and bias ply big’s and littles was my hint

10. A Hamb Tee shirt works for me.

11. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Generally, when I roll in the gate, the hushed whispers begin like "oh my gawd, I think that there is cleatus" ,, "holy sheet cleatus is here!" ,, "whoaa, cleatus! - can you believe this? - f'n A!!!" then next thing you know its all over the loud speakers and the line begins to form....then everybody's chick wants their titty signed.

12. Shana said it was so good she paid me!

13. Some people say its Turrets. but I randomly blurt out "mufuckinhamb"

14. At what point do you usually wake up during these 'proceedings'?? Before or after the long sleeve 'tie inna back' sweatshirt is produced??

Cosmo

15. moefuzz

moefuzz

Not a HAMBer

[​IMG]

16. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I wear a T-shirt that says:

3wLarry is an Asshole (Trademarked)

People stop me to agree...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. This is the method I use... or just find Bob K.... he knows everybody on account of his part time job as "Santa"!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  18. fbama73

fbama73

If I see that shirt, I'll stop you to disagree.

Because I'm one, too.

19. I take my ding-dong out of my pants and walk backwards........kinda like trolling.

20. Pass out free beer.

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's rather funny but I wore one of my HAMB shirts to a local swapmeet a few months ago and encountered a number of people who check out the classifieds on a regular basis but don't participate on the board. I might have got the Hamb discount from Headers on a pair of 57 Buick hubcaps though.
    But yuppers, a Hamb shirt or cap is probably the best way to have people know you are a member on here.

22. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

Rather easy honestly. Build a car and post detailed pics on the HAMB. Post where you are going to be with said car (HAMB friendly venue) and trust me... they come out of the woodwork. :D

Seriously, I thought every car guy over 50 was automatically a HAMB member? Can anyone name 5 car guys over 50 that are not HAMB members? :confused:

23. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Ahh, that's why were 20 short of food stamps that month! :)

24. 20 and a sixer of Busch Light! I ain't cheap:D

25. 46mopar

46mopar

or be passed out on free beer

26. harp

harp

here's a couple ways that might identify some real hambers, say the word r** r** , run an I.F.S. on a fenderless 33 chevy, or use z's instead of s's in a post

27. found a HAMB dash tag on a firewall today, asked and forgot!!!
    and a t shirt is a giveaway too:D

28. This brings them out!

Attached Files:

29. Tacson

Tacson

WrenchKitten have we met at a show before? Black 66 F100 I think we have.

Here is how I try to let others know. I made up this orange placard and and stick it on my Drivers door vent vindow when Im at a show or swap meet. It has my user name from various sites Im on

[​IMG]

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You will be at the HCPU next month right??? ;)