Register now to get rid of these ads!

Go for a ride? Mans best copilots!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by no55mad, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlmartin84

tlmartin84
    from WV

Here's DIESEL.

[​IMG]

Anytime I'm in the garage he is right there with me......paint fumes, sparks, and all.

Funny Story

This dog loves going for rides, all I gotta do is say it and he is looking for an open car door. Well I bring home the 56' it's full of trash and junk and stinks. I ask him "wanna go for a ride?" He gets all excited, I open the door and he props his feet up on the rocker panel and just stops and stares and then looks at me and whines. Like WTF you serious? You expect me to get in this. My wife just rolled laughing and is like I told yah it was bad. YOU KNOW ITS BAD WHEN THE DOG WON'T GET IN IT!

2. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

great stuff, keep it coming

3. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

Baby girl just had to be put down, we have had her for about four months, she was a rescue, someone dumped her at the field, she had been having jaw issues since we got her, and her jaw finally dislocated itself, it took six hours to even get a rescue vet to answer the phone, he said it was probably broken before and it kept breaking over, it would have been extensive surgery to have it fixed and that would mean her jaw wired shut for six weeks, and thousands of dollars we don't have, she's suffered enough already. :( took every penny i had in the bank to get the vet to open up on saturday, but what else can you do? She couldn't eat or drink, and it would have been tuesday before the regular vet was open again. These dogs have to eat every six hours or they get a sugar drop and can die. I never thought I would get attached to a chi, she wasn't a bit yappy and was one of the sweetest natured dogs I've ever seen. This sucks, and now no way to pay the bills, plus my dog is gone.
    [​IMG]

4. drs47ford

drs47ford
    from Western NY

Sorry for your loss man. It sucks for sure.

5. ElBurro

ElBurro

This is my designated driver. Sorry, it's not a HAMB friendly car, but my Roadster is still in the making.

6. no55mad

no55mad

About 8 weeks ago, Henry (dog in original post) died. Pepper (in original post) seemed very lonely so yesterday we acquired this new little guy (7 weeks old today). Now Pepper is a little jealous. In 3 weeks, he will make his first co pilot adventure of 2500 cross country miles :-D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  7. my dogs help me with the model a FRAME!!

Attached Files:

8. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I had to put down our pit Baby this morning..:( She was diagnosed with K9 cancer a few months ago. She had a large tumor in her chest putting pressure on her heart and lungs.. She was a loving, loyal dog and she loved riding shotgun in my 58. I'm gonna miss her

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  9. roughneck424

roughneck424

I have my real live bobble heads
    [​IMG]

10. Deuces

Deuces

Sorry to hear that Matt... :(
    I know what it's like to have one put down... :(

11. Updated pic of my little Gigi, the world's greatest PapaChi! She had a stroke in November '10, just before she turned four. I really thought I was going to lose her, but she recovered well. She had to learn to walk again, but with the help of a doggy wheelchair, she bounded back in great shape. I call her my "fluffy muffin"! Soft, adorable, and full of herself!

She's twenty kinds of cute! She's laying at my feet right now. Don't know what I'd do without my little Gigi!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  12. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

Sorry to hear of dogs that have recently passed. I know for alot of folk a dog can be closer than family at times. I long for another dog and the worse bit about my split with my ex was saying goodbye to my dog for the last time, it broke my heart way more than she did. He was my garage buddy, driving co-pilot and best mate. When i'm in my own place soon i'll go and rescue another one for sure.

13. choppednslammed

choppednslammed

Sorry to hear dude, we had to put our mastiff down last feb from kidney failure a month before his 12th birthday.... One of the most toughest things i ever had to do in my life !!!! so i know where your at so stay strong it gets better

14. Larjk9

Larjk9

Sorry for your loss. They live on forever....all you need do is think about them.
    I work with dogs for a living. It's never easy.

15. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

Mine was a German Short Hair named Jake. He's now gone,but he ruled the back seat of my 35 sedan. Never bitched about my driving skills or how late I stayed out,as long as he was with me. Lord I miss that dog.

16. Lost my 14 year old Beagle last night. His name was Trey because in 47 years, he was our 3rd Beagle. I had major back surgery 10 weeks ago. I've had a lot of down time with the recovery. Trey never left my side through it all. We used to go for walks every evening, and we were both looking forward to the day when I could take him out walking again, but his failing health didn't let him get to the end of my recovery. This has been a tough year. Now I've lost my best friend in the world. Sometimes life just sucks.

17. Bar Ditch

Bar Ditch
    from Tacoma

This is my co-pilot Kai.She's a treeing tenesee brindle.

[​IMG]

18. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

Boo being lazy, she's a pit/golden retriever mix, very sweet natured dog, but loves to slobber. she had a couple of litters and thinks everything must be mothered. kids,small dogs,cats, etc. IT MUST BE SLOBBERED AND GROOMED!!
    [​IMG]

19. travisty

travisty
    from just moved

[​IMG]

Girl comes with me everywhere. Sometimes that human does too....

20. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

2 ladies easily on the back seat of a mordoor. Man after to my own heart!

21. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

22. robleticia

robleticia

Oh thank you! I thought for a minute I was on Animal Planet's website! Cute girls you got there!

23. travisty

travisty
    from just moved

Hell yeah.

24. travisty

travisty
    from just moved

haha. Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  25. Deuces

Deuces

Here's a couple more of ours...

Attached Files:

26. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Here's my two "co-pilots". they get to ride in the OT rides because they are too damn big to ride in a Model A!

1. Sadie, 85lbs of pure speed. I have never seen a big dog so damn quick and agile. She is an American Bulldog and the current "babysitter/security" for the kids.
    2. Zeus at 8 weeks old
    3. Zeus at 6 months. He is a Cane Corso/Argentine Dogo. He acts 100% Cane and is 88lbs at 8 months old. We rescued him from a local shelter at 6 weeks and he is turning out to be a great dog. He has graduated "puppy kindergarden" and goes on to "agility training" this fall. Not sure but we think he will be 130lbs plus. He will be the next "babysitter/security" so Miss Sadie can relax and retire.

Attached Files:

• 153.jpg
      153.jpg
      File size:
      550.2 KB
      Views:
    • 159.jpg
      159.jpg
      File size:
      502 KB
      Views:
    • 302.jpg
      302.jpg
      File size:
      511.9 KB
      Views:
  27. Deuces

Deuces

28. cgc1958

cgc1958
    Member Emeritus
    1. 1957-59 Ranchero's

Backseat driver.

[​IMG]

29. I'm very sorry to read of the loss of your "best friend in the world", especially during such a stressful time recovering from surgery. It is amazing how they never leave your side, even when they are ailing themselves. Take care Dean, hope you have a quick recovery. R.I.P. Trey.

30. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I would love to take my beagle ( Bridget ) for rides but we got the Psyco-Beagle of the litter. She loves to ride in our boat and on a snowmobile , but flips out in a car or truck. I love this thread...dog is Man's best friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.